When can we expect a spinoff topic Assembling Ninjago City, huh? ;)

That building in the trailer that was knocked over and destroyed by the big villain looks pretty cool...

@DEFCON SHARK  I've been hesitant to put my files out there for several reasons.  The ones that I post for others are on the first page of this topic.

@Toastie  Thanks so much for your kind words!  I always enjoy seeing that other people appreciate the LEGO Movie as much as I do.  I'm not sure how much more I can keep up the pace at which I have been posting images, but I'll keep going as long as I can.

@BlockLogo  There could be any number of spinoffs topics from this one!  For now, I'm keeping it limited to the LEGO Movie.  The next one I'll do is for the Old West.  I may have one more spinoff in me after that.

Here's a comparison between Emmet's mech in the movie and the official LEGO set:

70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech = 675 pcs

Emmet's Movie Mech = 3979 pcs (so far)

The full size mech has almost 6 times the number of parts as the official set and is 2 1/4 times taller.

36162154941_39fe05aaf4_c.jpg

Coming next:  The official sets that make up Emmet's mech.

2 hours ago, Xon67 said:

@DEFCON SHARK  I've been hesitant to put my files out there for several reasons.  The ones that I post for others are on the first page of this topic.

@Xon67

Ok.

I respect you but i have to tell you what i think :

I do not see any reason for sharing pictures of stuff that you reconstructed during hours and then sharing some of this stuff but not entirely.

What is it ? You made it all for yourself ? What is the purpose ?

Sorry but it doesn't make sense to me. The only reason i can imagine is that you are lying about what you really have.

You sure did hard work and reconstructed stuff from the movie but i doubt that you did all of what you said you did.

So please be honest and either say that you lied or say the reason why you are not sharing stuff.

I am currently working on an animation and i need vehicles for the traffic and could also use some buildings for the city landscape.

Spoiler

170801022014563517.png170801022014956453.jpg

170801022015230294.jpg17080102201576302.jpg

I spent hours rebuilding this car today.

170801022014687206.jpg

I still need to build other cars and the buildings.

Understand that it would save me some efforts and time if you could really share some of your files.

9 hours ago, Xon67 said:

Coming next:  The official sets that make up Emmet's mech.

The moment we all have been waiting for :wub:

8 hours ago, DEFCON SHARK said:

@Xon67

Ok.

I do not see any reason for sharing pictures of stuff that you reconstructed during hours and then sharing some of this stuff but not entirely.

Sorry but it doesn't make sense to me. The only reason i can imagine is that you are lying about what you really have.

You sure did hard work and reconstructed stuff from the movie but i doubt that you did all of what you said you did.

So please be honest and either say that you lied or say the reason why you are not sharing stuff.

Makes complete sense to me and don't see why he needs to give any reasons.

I can  think of a couple reasons he would not want share his work without jumping to the conclusion he is lying

Maybe he loves lego as a brand and does not want to see Lepin knock offs of his work being sold on eBay.

Maybe he wants to keep the IP and sell instructions at a later date.

I personally have enjoyed reading this thread and appreciate the pictures he has shared.

15 hours ago, DEFCON SHARK said:

Hey pal, you obviously do not respect his decision to hold these because you are accusing him of not being truthful. It was/is his time and effort to make all of these files. He does not have to share them, nor are you entitled to them. Please drop it. It makes the whole thing awkward and it may cause him to post less. Just celebrate that he has done great work.

If you really are a designer and animator, you should be able to understand the value of the work to make these files. Maybe contact him in a private message and offer real money for his time to make these. As a creator yourself you would not expect me to ask for your work for free or to be "shared" for little to no money. You want to get paid and I am sure that he values his time like you do. 

Okay guys, let's end this discussion, shall we? There are reasons not to share, there are reason not to understand. That's fine from both sides. Now, let's continue to enjoy this great topic!!

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Okay guys, let's end this discussion, shall we? There are reasons not to share, there are reason not to understand. That's fine from both sides. Now, let's continue to enjoy this great topic!!

@Jim
Thank you for trying to calm things but i will wait for an answer from my interlocutor.

A discussion is over when one or both of the speakers are done.

I know it may seem like i am getting angry, but i am not. I am simply asking questions.

Oh my, not again.

Posting pictures rather than design files, regardless of format - in a public forum - is a very different thing. Whatever Xon is planning, whatever he has in mind, is not public business. Just because he or she shows pictures does not mean anything other than: "Look, what do you think?"

As you know, some people sell their instructions or construction files. Others make them available for free. Many don't even bother, they just build an enjoy. A public post is simply is no obligation. It is a demonstration of what can be done.

I completely agree with your statement about discussions! The thing though is, this is all entirely public. Or "exposed". With none of the speakers visible for the public. And that is the big difference: A discussion has usually a focus; and usually with an audience that is literal regarding the discussion topic. This is not the case here, I believe. And this is why Jim told you to continue this conversation in private. I believe you can settle much better on the issues you have raised with a personal message than rather than in public posts.

One more thing: Publicly using the word "lying" is very, very strong. Maybe "Hiding something" is more appropriate, maybe not. But then: Xon can hide whatever he or she would like to hide. As far as I am concerned.

Just my thoughts - and all for good!

Regards,
Thorsten

10 hours ago, DEFCON SHARK said:

@Jim
Thank you for trying to calm things but i will wait for an answer from my interlocutor.

A discussion is over when one or both of the speakers are done.

I know it may seem like i am getting angry, but i am not. I am simply asking questions.

I am not trying to calm things down. I am telling to calm things down. I am usually not someone to pull rank or get angry, but when staff tells you to let things go, this is not the place to continue the debate. So the discussion also ends, when staff tells you it ends. If @Xon67 wants to tell us his reasons, great. If he doesn't want to tell, it's his right. 

So again, let's continue Assembling Bricksburg.

8 hours ago, Toastie said:

Posting pictures rather than design files, regardless of format - in a public forum - is a very different thing. Whatever Xon is planning, whatever he has in mind, is not public business. Just because he or she shows pictures does not mean anything other than: "Look, what do you think?"

As you know, some people sell their instructions or construction files. Others make them available for free. Many don't even bother, they just build an enjoy. A public post is simply is no obligation. It is a demonstration of what can be done.

I completely agree with your statement about discussions! The thing though is, this is all entirely public. Or "exposed". With none of the speakers visible for the public. And that is the big difference: A discussion has usually a focus; and usually with an audience that is literal regarding the discussion topic. This is not the case here, I believe. And this is why Jim told you to continue this conversation in private. I believe you can settle much better on the issues you have raised with a personal message than rather than in public posts.

One more thing: Publicly using the word "lying" is very, very strong. Maybe "Hiding something" is more appropriate, maybe not. But then: Xon can hide whatever he or she would like to hide. As far as I am concerned.

Could not have said it better :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Jim said:

So again, let's continue Assembling Bricksburg.

@Jim

Alright Jim.

You confirm that i should do what i intended to do first. That is alright. I don't know why we are talking, there is no problem.

@Toastie
Hello Toastie.

I am not sure who you writing to but in your message you say :
" And this is why Jim told you to continue this conversation in private. "

Sorry i might have missed that part. Where and when did you read this ?

When I say "let's continue Assembling Bricksburg", I mean let's get back on topic. Yet, you still continue to seek the discussion with another member. If you continue this behavior, we need to have a serious word and there's a pretty big change you'll get banned. So, end the discussion and get back on topic!

@Toastie @Wookiee @supertruper1988. @Jim. Thank you for your understanding.  I appreciate your support.  (..and who says a Wookie can't be reasonable?  :-)   )

Here's every set that I've identified that makes up Emmet's mech.

36215298531_89ee079c5f_c.jpg

I suppose I could also add 9457 Fangpyre's Wrecking Ball to this list as well...

Edited by Xon67

Any idea on the actual size (height in centimeters)?

@Jim If Emmet's Construct-o-Mech set is 36 cm tall, I estimate that the full size mech is about 81 cm tall.  That's about 32 inches.  Which means it's about 20 cm shorter than the LEGO Saturn V, with as many pieces as the LEGO Death Star.

8 hours ago, Toastie said:

They do cm in Bricksburg?:wink:

Lol :laugh: 

6 hours ago, Xon67 said:

@Jim If Emmet's Construct-o-Mech set is 36 cm tall, I estimate that the full size mech is about 81 cm tall.  That's about 32 inches.  Which means it's about 20 cm shorter than the LEGO Saturn V, with as many pieces as the LEGO Death Star.

That is quite an impressive Construct-o-Mech. 

Forgive me for asking (again); for the end result, what are the non-existent parts (parts missing in a certain color)?

@Xon67 very impressive, good work. I love the size comparison with the donor sets, although I can't tell where the two left-hand sets were used on the mechanics.

I've visited this thread every now and then, even when I was still a lurker, and the meticulousness of your work always amazes me! Your construction, comparison, and breakdown of Emmet's Construct-O-Mech has been quite fascinating and surprising, I didn't realize how big the mech actually was cinematically! :oh:

By the way @Xon67, are you interested in "assembling" any of the cinematic material from The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie in the near future? :classic:

@Jim  I haven't put together a comprehensive list yet, but @STeNCH has made several posts listing the parts he's run into starting on page 22 of this topic.

@ColletArrow  The front grille and bumper of the dump truck are used on the front hips/pelvis.  The treads and chassis of the dozer are used for the basis of the two feet.

@Ambo100 Thanks for your kind comment!

@Digger of Bricks  Thanks so much!  I'm going to stick to the LEGO Movie for now.  There's still plenty to build from there.  After that?  Who knows?

Edited by Xon67

I'm confused.  I downloaded the LDD file for the mech.  Is that not all I need to build it?  Also, Xon do you not want people using your design to build the mech?  I am not trying to start a flame war I was just reading the posts and wanted some clarification.  I am generating a build file through LDD right now.

Edited by DanK

Hi @DanK.  You may build anything you like with anything I post here.  Please know that the mech is still a work-in-progress and that it doesn't have enough internal structure to stand up on its own.  The ankles, knees, hips, and waist all need additional support.  If you'd like to contribute to the model by helping to figure out some of these issues along with @BlackStar and @STeNCH, feel free to post solutions and/or an updated .lxf file here!

Enjoy!

Edited by Xon67

Just now, Xon67 said:

Hi @DanK.  You may build anything you like with anything I post here.  Please know that the mech is still a work-in-progress and that it doesn't have enough internal structure to stand up on its own.  The ankles, knees, hips, and waist all need additional support.  If you'd like to contribute to the model by helping to figure out some of these issues along with @BlackStar and @STeNCH, feel free to post solutions and/or and updated .lxf file here!

Enjoy!

Ok great thank you.  I would love to contribute but I have no idea how.  I am a complete novice.  Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Do you think that the Lego Movie guys designed something that cannot stand in the real world?  Its all CGI, did they ever actually build this piece?  If not, might have to beef up some of the support even though it is not in the movie design.