Wow! These pics are fantastic! I can't thank you enough for posting these--and I can't wait to get the time to pour over these and update my builds.

It's interesting to me to see how close I got in some areas of these buildings and yet in other areas... not so close... :-) It's funny sometimes how I interpreted some of the bricks from a distance.

You're at 10 posts! Congrats! (I was keeping an eye on that.)

Wow! This thread just picked up a bunch of steam! So you're hacking into a virtually built replica... In order to make your own virtual replica?

That makes sense to me.

Great work, both of you.

While I'm pouring over the images from ProfessorBrikkeeper and updating my builds, I want to make sure I post the remaining skyscrapers. Here's #6.

29798241935_d66bf315e4_c.jpg

One more to go!

Edited by Xon67

Wow. How did you break into that unused level? I would love to wander around that for a while.

They're trained professionals. Don't try this at home.

They literally just said that.

They're trained professionals. Don't try this at home.

They literally just said that.

Figured they were talking about figuring out the builds, not accessing the level ...

daryen--No worries--Actor Builder's just joking with you.

I think I remember reading in a post somewhere on this site that we're not supposed to discuss hacking techniques here. I'd like to know how it's done, too, but I'm leaving it to those who are more capable than I am.

Actually, that was my attempt at responding with humor myself. I was deflecting the response to apply to what was convenient for me, not what was most likely intended (even though in jest). Just goes to show how hard it is to do any humor more subtle than a metiphorical sledge hammer with just text. 

Here is skyscraper #7--the final one:

29918852406_8db8731b96_c.jpg

Edited by Xon67

FYI for those interested in going to Legoland California. The Lego Movie Experience is no longer present at the resort as of sometime this year. I do not know what happened to all the buildings and sets. Would have been nice to get some of the classic space sets. :wink:

Miro

Miro78--Thanks for the update.  I'm sorry to hear they removed that attraction.  Unless, of course, they're making room for a sneak peek at the sequel.  :-)

I appreciate the pictures you provided while it was there!

Hey, I thought it was about time to give an update on my recreation of the nonexistent 60T Gear used in the movie version of the Supercycle.

I spent some time over the last few days cleaning up and optimizing the mesh, so that it is now one solid, watertight object, more suited to rendering. What this also means is that I should be able to get some physical prototypes 3D printed sometime in the next few weeks, before I make it available for purchase to the public.

Screenshot 2016-10-02 13.44.51.png

I might be interested in on of those gears :)

I'm very annoyed that they used a non-existing design in the movie version of the super bike. I have wanted to build a replica since the movie came out.

VERY nice.  It looks very accurate.

I've seen another attempt to model this gear, but it wasn't as accurate as this.  I'm in for a couple of them!

Have you attempted to test fit any treads on it?

Edit:  I found the link for the other gear.  Here it is:  

Edited by Xon67

@Xon67

So far I've only done digital fittings with the official TLG geometry from LDD, but I intend to try it out with the real deal as soon as I have the physical version in hand.

Oh, and thanks for that link to the other custom version, I'm glad to see there's existing interest! 

Glad to pass it along.

Great job!  I look forward to the results!

Edited by Xon67

krisandkris12--I finished the last of the skyscrapers, so I was able to put together this "little" action scene for you.

30201096166_e725f167ba_c.jpg

This is about the most I can get LDD to do--it blew up on me about a half dozen times while arranging these buildings, even with the graphics compatibility mode turned all the way down and the backs of the buildings stripped away.  I don't know if it's a limitation in LDD or the machine I'm using.  At some point I may give a try with another scene.  Maybe this is where ProfessorBrickkeeper can help us out!  :-)

Edited by Xon67

@Xon67 @krisandkris12

Looking at those models, I don't immediately see any parts I don't currently have in my brick library (I still have to get around to doing some of the more dish elements), so if you feel like sending along the LDD file, I'd be more than happy to set up some lighting and effects for a rendering! I also might try to optimize some of the skyscrapers buildings into a single, textured, mesh to speed up rendering in the future.

It looks magnificent! Of course, some lighting effects would make it even better but still very nice. I can imagine it's a nightmatre to handle this in one LDD file. This screams for separate renderingand then photoshoping the scene.

This one is only in one shot as far as I can tell--it's included in the buildings that get blown up on the construction site.

30382559705_6fa3345d24_c.jpg

This was interesting to reconstruct. IWe never see the entire building at one time and it's only on screen for about a second and a half..  I had to figure out what it looked like based on the parts that collapse into frame during demolition.

Edited by Xon67

Here's another downtown scene.  It includes fewer buildings, so LDD behaved for me this time while I put it together.

Most of the flying vehicles in the movie made it into various official sets.  I included one in this scene that didn't get into a set for whatever reason; Larry's flying coffee machine.

29910818344_a24266a11b_c.jpg

I worked on this vehicle for a while, but was  only able to complete it after I found a special behind the scenes video available through Walmart that briefly displayed a good view of the treads and the back end. Once I found the set that the treads belonged to, it was quick work to finish it.

30083049433_1c48293152_c.jpg

Edited by Xon67