Here's skyscraper #5.

28723446924_37a0309823_c.jpg

What would you like to see next? Another skyscraper or an apartment building from Emmet's neighborhood?

Ha ha! That was quick! One apartment building, coming right up.

Edited by Xon67

These skyscrapers arent that atractive builds for me, expecially as solitare MOCs. Though I believe that if put together with some smaller buildings to form a town assembly, that would look georgeous. Could you run such hug rendering by any chance? I think it's about time to see some Bricksburg assembled, not taken apart :D

Edited by krisandkris12

krisandkris12--I'll see what I can get LDD to do. It tends to be the limiting factor with large scenes, more so than Bluerender.

Maybe I can recreate some airborne battle scenes from Taco Tuesday.

Here's another Bricksburg apartment building. It's a variation on Emmet's building in green with the original Town Hall front door and a roof.

29210223630_10b114730f_c.jpg

I have two more skyscrapers to go, and then I can put a couple of them together for a flying battle scene.

Man with a hat--Thanks for the comment! I have a few more Bricksburg buildings to go. Then I'm off to President Business' office tower. There will also be a train in there somewhere... :-)

I don't know how, but I somehow completely missed out on this topic until recently. The work you've put into the models and with such accurate detailing is certainly impressive. I'm not sure whether you'd be interested in help, but I think I might be able to assist with some stuff.

First of all, I thought you're be interested to know that I've been able to hack The LEGO Movie Videogame to allow me to access the unused intro level, which while not assembled like in the movie, is built up of screen-accurate models (unlike the rest of the game) taken directly from the Animal Logic (AL) model library. If it would be of any use, I'd be more than happy to take lots of video and screenshots of the level to provide reference material. (Here's an overview of the level: https://www.dropbox.....46.17.png?dl=0)

Secondly, I happen to have some high-quality versions of the original decal approval sheets sent between AL and TLG, particularly those from Old Town Bricksburg, and if you would like, I'd be more than happy to pass them along.

Lastly, I happen to do photorealistic LEGO renders and rendering research as a hobby, quite similar to those of AL, and would consider it an honor and privilege to (if you want) assemble all of your models into a scene and generate some really high quality renders! (A sampling of my work is viewable on my Twitter page, at https://twitter.com/ProfBrickkeeper)

Anyways, all of your recreations are fantastic, and I hope you continue with them!

Edited by ProfessorBrickkeeper

ProfessorBrickkeeper--I'd appreciate any assistance you're willing to offer. I tried messaging you, but your profile doesn't have enough posts to accept a message. What's a good way to get a message to you?

For starters, I'd appreciate a close up view of the feet of the radio tower on top of the red building. I haven't been able to figure out the criss crossing beams on it.

All of the rest of what you mentioned sounds great, too!

Edited by Xon67

Xon67--I only just recovered my account which I haven't used since 2014, so I guess that would explain that. The most convenient method of communication for me would probably be Skype's PM feature (My contact idea is "professorbrickkeeper"). Alternatively, I'm also happy to just use old fashioned email or any other method of communication you prefer!

As for the images of the radio station, I'll try to get you those as soon as I get home this afternoon!

Whoo! Sounds great!

I see that you model your own parts. Would you have any interest in modelling the (non-existent) 60-tooth gear that WyldStyle uses on her super cycle? If you did, I could send you my model. If we put them together, we would end up with the only screen accurate model out there.

Haha, I'll see what I can do. ;)

Oh, and here's an imgur album of various shots of the Radio Station. A few notes, there appear to be two variations, one of which features some machinery on the roof, and the other with the radio tower in question. The first image in the album shows the construction of the rotating door in the entrance. Also, unlike your model, these are Reddish-Brown, with a Medium Stone Gray area on the upper facade, and Bright Red areas on the sides.

Wow! Those are fantastic! Thank you very much! I never would have guessed that's how it was built. I'll update my build, next opportunity I have.

If you're up for the big gear, I can provide plenty of reference images. I could also put together a diagram, if needed. Let me know if you'd like me to provide that.

Thanks for the offer of reference images and diagrams, but between the movie and video game I think I have enough material to work with. At this point I mostly have to use the boolean modifier to carve some holes into the base gear and combine everything into a single mesh, so all things going to plan, it should be done sometime soon!

Txwh2Tj.jpg

Secondly, I happen to have some high-quality versions of the original decal approval sheets sent between AL and TLG, particularly those from Old Town Bricksburg, and if you would like, I'd be more than happy to pass them along.

Would it be possible to get a copy of these? I'm a graphic designer by trade and I'd find these fascinating to look through.

Ha! That'll do it! And lightening fast, too.

What software do you use?

Xon67--While I tend to use a mix of Autodesk Maya and Maxon Cinema 4D for modeling and rendering, in this case the part is being done purely in Cinema 4D.

Interestingly, while doing research for modeling the part, I discovered the video game actually has a screen-accurate version of the Super Cycle hidden in one of the test scenes (along with various prototypes) so that might provide good additional reference material.

I'll be happy to look at whatever you feel like sharing.

Here's an updated tower based on your pics (much better!):

29395141270_2133af14ee_c.jpg

Ooh, very nice. The only critique I have is that, going of the where the radio station appears around the 00:03:12 mark, the top of the towers appears too large to be a 1x1 ball like yours uses, leading me to think It might actually be exactly as it appears in the Videogame, despite how weird it may look.

EDIT: I looked again, and it seems your version is also slightly too tall as well. Here is the top portion as it appears in the video game, and here it is translated into LDD. Also of note is the fact that a 2x2 center plate w. 1 knob and a 1x1 round brick are used on the 4x4 plate with frame, while you appear to have used a plate 2x2 w. vertical snap (2460).

Boom.

29576966672_7bfe337815_c.jpg

I originally took the top part of the tower from the scene where a micromanager chases Joe the Plumber's plane past the downtown rooftops. Since I didn't have a good view of the radio tower above, I substituted the next best thing. :-)

I really appreciate your pics! They help out a bunch! Thanks!

Wow, this is great! I feel like a kid in a candy store!

How about closeups of the red brick tower behind the Tt sign? Specifically the flat side, the column structure at the front door, and the structure on the roof.

Time permitting, I'd also like to see all sides and the archway of the white building with the slanted roof on the corner in front of the Tt sign.

Much appreciated!

Edited by Xon67

I'm glad to be the candy man in your analogy!

I may have gone a bit overboard, but here's an album of the Red Brick tower, and another of that white building. (I should mention that the white building appears twice, optimized differently, so you should look at the last picture for a better view of the side.)

(Also, I just realized that, after this post, I should now be able to use Eurobrick's personal message, which should make communication a lot easier.)