When I first saw it, I thought it was possibly the monster fighter haunted house. It has a similar architecture. However, this house is not a direct copy of the set--it's more like its "big brother."

Xon, I'm impressed by the speed/quality combo of your work. I wonder how many time you spend (daily? :D) on it and also to what extent you bother with internal structure of those models? Eventhough this is so far just a digital project, for me it already dwarfes many great real builds, which I'd never expect me to say ;)

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

krisandkris12--I don't track how much time I spend on these. As I've said previously, the build time doesn't take that much. I think I spend more time tracking down my references, getting screen grabs, and trying to figure out hard-to-see parts.

While I try to build these to look as close to the versions on the screen that I can get, I do consider physical builds. For the most part, these should stand up on their own. There are a few exceptions where I purposely have "floating" bricks, because that's how they are on-screen. If they are based on existing sets, I kept all of the internal structure. The one exception to that might be the "Jumbo Green Grocer." There were a large number of collisions when I tried to fit everything together. So, I just started deleting bricks where I needed to. It looks good on the outside, but it's pretty much a mess on the inside. It might be interesting to go back and clean it up with actual internal floors and walls some day...

Wow, these are great! Could you share the file for the latest condemned building please? I might want to give that one a try.

The Condemned Building 2 is great!

That sounds like a bad film... Condemned Building 2...

I thought The Condemned Building had bad special effects, but gee, Condemned Building 2 was terrible!

:classic:

Hi Crossbones--thanks for the comment. I haven't decided to post all of my models yet. The ones I have posted are all included in the first entry of this thread. If you have any questions about any part of my builds, I'll be happy to help out.

Occasionally, I do post a model, like this one--here's my version of the LEGO Movie logo that I promised several weeks ago to post for folks on Christmas:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Xon67/Movie/_movie_logo_final_.lxf

I built it to mimic what is on the movie poster as closely as I could. As a result, it has a few "floating" parts

If anyone is interested, miahbrick33 posted his version of the movie logo here:

http://bricksafe.com/files/MiahGee37/the-lego-movie/0001699%20MCS%20THE%20LEGO%20MOVIE.lxf

His version looks like it will hold together in an actual physical build.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Actor Builder--I just had a chance to see Condemned Building 2. It was a good action flick, but as you say it's not without its flaws...

For the most part, I thought the story line of Condemned Building 2 repeated the first movie, which I think is all too common for sequels. Sure, they introduce new characters and the protagonist from the first movie is missing (and everyone is looking for him), but consider this:

Condemned Building 1

A bicycle courier carries the condemned building's blueprints.

The head contractor is looking for the bicycle courier and the blueprints he carries.

There’s a bar scene in the middle with a lot of unsavory characters.

There's a big fight scene at the end with lots of special effects and explosions.

Ultimately, the condemned building gets knocked down.

Condemned Building 2

A new bicycle courier carries the map to the missing protagonist from the first movie.

The new head contractor (who happens to be the son of you-know-who and the grandson of the original head contractor) is looking for the bicycle courier and the map she carries.

There’s a bar scene in the middle with a lot of unsavory characters.

There's a big fight scene at the end with lots of special effects and explosions.

Ultimately, the condemned building gets knocked down.

I have to say, I think the weakest part of the new movie was the heavy. His whining and tantrums are so extreme that it's hard to take him seriously. Yes, we all know it runs in the family--his grandfather certainly had his moments--and his uncle too, for that matter. But his were way over the top. Why he had to kill you-know-who, I'm not sure. Maybe it’s an oedipal thing...

And don't even get me started on the grandfather's flashlight. How someone managed to find it after it fell down that well is beyond me. I'm surprised it still works.

The new director certainly lent his style to this movie. He just had to throw his signature use of the color red in there...

Overall, the movie kept my attention. It also manages to raise a lot of questions, which ultimately is what it set out to do--in order to set up Condemned Building 3 (coming soon to a theater near you...).

(after Actor Builder’s post, I just couldn’t resist) :-P

Edited by Xon67

And don't even get me started on the grandfather's flashlight. How someone managed to find it after it fell down that well is beyond me. I'm surprised it still works.

Remember the Sewage worker who found the keychain at the beginning of Condemned Building?

He's the same guy that found the grandfather's flashlight in Condemned Building 2.

It's actually quite clever. He's seen in the bar scene as well, handing a package to an unsavory character. You may have missed that.

Later, the package is given to the whiny grandson (So awful) in the trailer park scene. That's how they got it back.

I'm pretty sure they killed off You-Know-Who because his contract didn't cover the third film. He had to die in this film. I agree that the woodchipper was a tad unbelievable -and gory- though.

Of course! The sewage worker!

I'm still surprised it works...

It would at that... Especially for really tall trains and buses. ;-P

Actually, the row of windows with the roof over them are also used as a bus stop in the movie. You can see them near the end of the movie immediately after Emmet's mech runs out next to the monorail. If you look quickly, it's in the lower right corner of the frame. I thought about including it in this render, but couldn't quite figure out how to fit it all in.

Edited by Xon67

"They're up on the monorail!"

-Bad Cop.

"They're having fun on the monorail, everybody! yayy!"

-Good cop.

Great work as usual, Xon67!

I saw o0ger's post for his Mini Modulars II that he has on LEGO Ideas and I thought a mini-Bricksburg would be a fun project to try. I have never done any micro scale builds before and I have to say, they can be quite a challenge.

When working on a mini-fig scale modular building, it's comparitively simple to change a detail--just remove one brick and replace it with another. Since these buildings are mostly hollow on the inside (with the exception of floors and furniture, of course), nothing else needs to change.

However, the micro scale buildings are almost solid bricks on the inside to support the large amount of SNOT techniques used to create the micro scale details. If a single brick is changed on the outside, the result can be an almost complete rebild of the inside structure to keep it all together. When creating several of the buildings in this MOC, I could go through multiple iterations of brick selection and therefore multiple interior rebuilds as a result.

In the end, it was quite a challenging and fun build for me. Hope you like it!

23492664503_d6dd973eb9_c.jpg

Great work Xon67, you never stop!

Finally I take the time for picture of the Kabob's stand. I just miss the two white pieces for the front, and used other colours due to my stock.

img_0761.jpg

img_0763.jpg

img_0764.jpg

img_0766.jpg

img_0769.jpg

Thanks, MarioMarinara. Welcome to Eurobricks!

Alex54--That looks awsome--thanks for posting! Those are great photos. That gets me thinking, I need to create that triangular plaza area in front of the church where Bob parks his stand. I've been wanting to do that for a while. Maybe after I finish the Scooby Doo mansion...

For now, I made a few corrections to the building colors in my micro build. Here is an updated render:

24021852532_0a9d435aa6_c.jpg

Wow, I knew you were talented but I didn't fully perceived your skills nevertheless! These microbuilds are fantastic. So much of a resemblance with their bigger versions. Whole street looks incredibly lovely - something I'd gladly display on my shelf.

krisandkris12 and Actor Builder--Wow! What high praise! Thank you!

One final update on the micro-scale street--I realized I left the fire escape off of Emmet's apartment building. It's there now.

24133633886_64c4cf0485_c.jpg

This build finished with 2,613 parts--almost double the 1,356 parts in the LEGO Mini Modulars 10230 set. It's not quite a fair comparison, because I didn't follow the "standard" of the official set, which seems to choose as many small parts as it can, such as multiple 1 x 1 tiles in a row for sidewalks, etc. I intentionally kept my part count down by opting for larger parts where I could.

Next up: It's time to finish the Scooby Doo mansion and then it's back to downtown Bricksburg.

Next up: It's time to finish the Scooby Doo mansion and then it's back to downtown Bricksburg.

My head says woohoo my wallet says ouch! But can't wait to see the updates!