These are beautiful renders. Did you create them all??? Your eye for spotting commonalities is most impressive.

Hi kibosh. Yes, I've been creating these for a while in LDD. I'm just now getting around to posting them since I recently found the Bluerender post on this site. It's really easy to use and gives great photo-real results.

Here's another one based on the Fire Brigade set.

21284525906_bbb3a025f0_c.jpgLEGO Movie brick tower by Xon 67, on Flickr

Edited by Xon67

"What...The heck...Is that?"

-Batmanâ„¢

I do not at all remember that (above building)in the movie, but I love it! What is it? A random tower?

Anyway, these are really impressive.

Do you plan to make renderings of some of the more bazar civilian vehicles? Like Mrs. Scratchen Post's Kitty Sled? :grin:

Hi Actor Builder! The tower is seen briefly in the background in less than a handful of shots. The best view of it is during Emmet's commute--it's behind and to the right of the billboard that says, "Enjoy popular music."

I'd love to make a kitty sled if I could find a good reference for it. Unless I've missed something in all of the Taco Tuesday chaos, the only shot that I know of is on Emmet's street where Scratchen-Post is grabbed by the micro manager. The sled is mostly covered up by the cats that are pulling it. Does it show up in the video game at all? Any ideas?

Haha! YES! That's awesome. I looked through that scene several times for a good shot, but couldn't find one. You seem to have done it. I guess I wasn't looking hard enough, haha. I like it.

I'm going to make one...I might need to buy a Friends set for the color though...

And I thought I was crazy! Apparantly you are even crazier.

Great job on all buildings, so far I have only done two:

edit: please don't hijack other people's thread to promote your own MOC and Ideas project.

Xon67, I would love to take a look at your LDD files :)

Edited by Rick

Yup! I have a large number of frame grabs that I've taken from the movie.

Every time I start a new building, I make sure I have grabs from all of the shots that contains that building. I also use the behind-the-scenes extras as reference. At times, if I can't get a particular view I'm looking for, I go to youtube postings from the video game. Often, there are differences between all of these sources. I use the movie as the primary source and fill in what's needed using the others.

Occationally, there are details where I just can't get a clear enough view. For example, on the opposite side of the fence next to the gas station there's what looks like a pallet containing a stack of poles wrapped in chains. But I can't identify enough of the parts that were used to make it. So for now, I'm leaving it out. (Hint: Can you tell what my next render will include?) Sometimes I run across another frame at a later time that I originally missed. Maybe that will happen here...

More coming soon...

Edited by Xon67

I will guess your next render will include the pallet with a stack of poles wrapped in chains beside the gas station.

Do you have a picture of all of these with each other like in The LEGO Movie, or are you just going to keep them separated?

Either way, you're doing great!

Interesting that you should ask... My next post includes the entire end of a block. The bigger scenes can be a bit challenging on the laptop I'm using, but it's managing. Also, now that I have every building completed on the same side of the street as Emmet's apartment building, I want to render a shot of that.

You also get the "most humorous posts" award, starting with your previous Batman quote. (But, sorry--you don't win a kewpie doll with this post's answer!) Keep everyone's comments comin'! Lemmie know what else you want to see.

Edited by Xon67

"Most Humorous Posts Award"? Wha ha awesome!

If you're taking requests, I'd love to see a good render of the Copper Chopper. The Helicopter, not the bikes.

I tried to build one, but I could not get a good enough image for me to attempt building it.

God Bless

Once again, we're thinking alike. I've started on the chopper, but ran into the same issue you did--not enough clear images of it--especially of the back. WorgRider has created a really good version and posted a wireframe render on Brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6286856

It might help me to finish mine at some point...

Edited by Xon67