Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

the Touring Dragon Buffet

Hello everyone, this is my entry to the Historica Husbandry mini-challenge, for Nocturnus! I will also register this as a Nocty freebuild.

Some weeks earlier...

"Exetrius, I assign you an important task. As you know, the people in the Darklands are suffering from food shortages. In addition, many of them are still recovering form the civil war in Khaliplin. The leaders of the organisation have decided that the black task force will distribute food among our fellow Nocturnians, you will be in charge, ...

"Why me? I mean, they usually give me tough tasks. I am a one of their strongest mages after all."

"Well, you need to defeat the food first. It is.. , I bet your father was the one to come up with this outrageous plan.. , the insane man, dammit! ... Sorry, what I was saying... you will be slaying a dragon, in the mountains up north from here. You need to kill it, in one piece, and thereafter it will be (...)"

Exetrius did as he was ordered. After an intense battle with the dragon, he was able to take and secure the dragon's soul. The beast was laid onto a huge parade wagon that was built especially for this task. Two days later, a caravan of strong men, some cooks and multiple supply vehicles rolled out. It made it's tour through various villages and cities in the western region of Nocturnus. Dragon meat is known to be of exquisite taste, very nutritious and most of all: a delicacy of kings. Yet, the masses were free to take their piece of the dragon. As a consequence, everywhere the Touring Dragon Buffet went, people were feasting.

21060715965_62387d337d_b.jpgTouring Dragon Buffet

Two weeks of touring and many meals later, the skeleton and inner organs were already exposed on one side. The head was especially popular, so what remains is mostly it's bare skull.

20872641690_3dd4580a6d_b.jpgtouring dragon buffet 3

20873938089_b83731e7ef_b.jpgtouring dragon buffet 2

21034527916_f7f280af60_b.jpgtouring dragon buffet 4

Bonus pics:

I did not have enough parts to make a proper baseplate, unfortunately. It has many exposed studs too, but I wasn't able to to SNOT the whole thing. Anyway, I really enjoyed building this, I want to thank soccerkid6 and LittleJohn for this great mini-challenge and, of course, I hope that you like my entry! :wink:

Thanks for viewing, C&C always appreciated! :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

The wagon is a good build, but the dragon is just awesome, especially where you can see it's skeleton and organs

Ah this is everything I love about GoH! What a creative, funny and even well executed idea!

I really love this. The half eaten dragon is superb, you immediately get the whole idea behind it. And that wagon is a fantastic feature. With the salat leaves garnishing the dragon and the men pulling it.

And I'm glad you made it east asian looking, I remember you talked about this in your introduction once.

That is a really clever take on the challenge, I mean that's probably something I would've never thought of or few other people for that matter. Though personally I didn't think dragon meat would be all that tasty haha!

Clever concept and very well executed! Really unique and refershing to see something different like that to shake things up. Bravo! :sweet:

Wow, you really nailed the gruesome look, I could tell almost right away what was going on there! :thumbup: The travelling caravan is pretty neat too! Great concept!

Thanks guys for all the kind comments :sweet:

Ah this is everything I love about GoH! What a creative, funny and even well executed idea!

I really love this. The half eaten dragon is superb, you immediately get the whole idea behind it. And that wagon is a fantastic feature. With the salat leaves garnishing the dragon and the men pulling it.

And I'm glad you made it east asian looking, I remember you talked about this in your introduction once.

Thank you, I'm not sure how this idea came to mind, but I had been wanting to do a dragon for some time. I had a promising tablescrap already a few days after the contest's start (the white droid body piece is just sooo handy!), had some struggle with the wings and finding ways to angle those organs, but I was happy with the result. I guess I will build some more in the asian style, I like it and I mostly buy Ninjago sets, so it's a logical choice.

That is a really clever take on the challenge, I mean that's probably something I would've never thought of or few other people for that matter. Though personally I didn't think dragon meat would be all that tasty haha!

Thanks! Only those who can't afford it pretend it to taste bad, to suppress their deep desire for it :wink:

Wow, you really nailed the gruesome look, I could tell almost right away what was going on there! :thumbup: The travelling caravan is pretty neat too! Great concept!

Great to see that my intentions came out well in brick form, thank you :blush:

Looks like that dragon could feed a lot of people! Neat cart design too :thumbup:

The dragon itself is very well built :classic:

Looks like that dragon could feed a lot of people! Neat cart design too :thumbup:

The dragon itself is very well built :classic:

That poor dragon! :cry_sad:

Great build though, excellent work on the dragon.

Wow, this is very well done! The carcass is awesome. :wub:

Nice build Exeterius!

Thanks guys, once again, for the warm comments, and Umbra, I'll keep that name in mind :laugh::tongue: