legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

Yes, that MOC is very nice as well, but I especially like Vlad's Tower because it uses no wall panels whatsoever. What can I say, I like my walls nice and thick X-D

Oooh I like these new sets. I agree, the winged dwarf helm shouldn't be in the small set, but as it's a prototype, it might be fixed. I like the tower and troll siege tower as well, I'll be getting that too.

And despite the airyness of the Dwarf defense set, 4 dwarves and lots of nice parts and a troll and two orcs and bronze Viking axes is too good to pass up.

Is it just me, or does the Troll symbol resemble the Mandalorian symbol?

Yea the sentry will probly look something like this.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?S=1287-1

Or maybe like this.

well i must say, if TLC can make like 10 new molds and especially a troll thing why cant they make

1)rancor (modify the troll)

2)wampa

3)taun taun

i mean seriously. :-( |-/

-oobie

Because Star Wars has already gotten a bunch of new molds (new guns, kit fisko, rebel helmets, at-st driver helmet, battle damaged vader helmet, etc.). Its time to put some of those resources to Castle themes.

Well, the designers said they'd include a new torso for the sentry, so that'll be good:

When did they say that?

Clearly, someone here suffers from a luck of imagination. X-D

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=985034

That's one of my favorite MOCs. I love the purple/grey color combination.

Steve

So there aren't any impulse sets for the bad guys? Hmm, I doubt we'll get the impulse sets in New Zealand anyway :-(

Yeah I was hoping for a troll and skellie builder! :'-(

They still might make some though I guess, I am surprised that they didn't.

Why don't you think you will get them in NZ? Its not like they are exclusives.

Well, the designers said they'd include a new torso for the sentry, so that'll be good:

TinyPiesRUs

New torso and accessories, this is great! :-) Still not as great as a visor knight, but great all the same!

I hope that these impulse sets are a big success, because then they might be a running theme for TLC, and we could easily build up our armies!

TTFN! >:-)

Or maybe like this.

Because Star Wars has already gotten a bunch of new molds (new guns, kit fisko, rebel helmets, at-st driver helmet, battle damaged vader helmet, etc.). Its time to put some of those resources to Castle themes.

Steve

well when you put it like that i suppose you can have some new molds ;-)

plus it wouldn't be to hard to sculpt a rancor head on top of the troll head?

wee shall see i might have to buy some of these im not a big castle fan my self but these look good for films and parts.

also it looks like a lot of playability.

-oobie

Edited by oobie scoob doobi noob banobie

Oooh I like these new sets. I agree, the winged dwarf helm shouldn't be in the small set, but as it's a prototype, it might be fixed. I like the tower and troll siege tower as well, I'll be getting that too.

And despite the airyness of the Dwarf defense set, 4 dwarves and lots of nice parts and a troll and two orcs and bronze Viking axes is too good to pass up.

Is it just me, or does the Troll symbol resemble the Mandalorian symbol?

I don't know, it looks more like a human/goblin/two-legged comprehendable being with a brain skull than a creature skull. I can't see a resemblance of the Mandalorian symbol. It just doesen't look it... But that's just me...

Ok so we now have pics of the 2 impulse sets to the castle line, can't tell you just how much i like the sentry set. It's a great little set with so many extras *wub* , these extra pieces are fantastic for those of us army building.

As for the sorcerer...well it's a good set but you only really need one, he looks pretty much like all the other sorcerers out there, but i am disapointed by the lack of detail printed on him. I did think that lego might of done some better printing like on the dark wizard, but alas no. :-(

The impulse are pretty kool. A bit dissapointed with the sentry (i thought it would be a small tower) but it still looks kool.

how can you be disappointed hollisbrick? Instead of a tiny tower you can make that soldier a knight with the armour! and vice versa. And if you just use another body, dark grey on legs and torso, you can make 2 minifigs from this set. TWO! A soldier and a knight! *wub*

The most exciting thing about this sentry is that his armour doesn't have a print design on it (hopefully final). This would give us a pearl breastplate that could be used with ANY faction, rather than one that is specific to the Crownies. I may end up refitting some of my older minifigs in silver/pearl armour because of this set.

The Wizard is ok too, but I can't see buying more than 1 or 2 of him.

Great!!!!! now those KKII wiggles knights can look respectable in my army with decent armour

how can you be disappointed hollisbrick? Instead of a tiny tower you can make that soldier a knight with the armour! and vice versa. And if you just use another body, dark grey on legs and torso, you can make 2 minifigs from this set. TWO! A soldier and a knight! *wub*

Very true Batbrick. A small tower would've been nice but i wasnt conplaining.

I completely agree with you here Batbrick. Seriously, who needs a dozen or more mini towers. I sure don't, which would mean I'd be paying for parts I don't want. Instead, we get enough extra parts to equip a second minifig, which makes this a fantastic army builder set. And as Blueandwhite pointed out, the armour has no printing (lets hope it stays that way), so it can be used for other factions as well. I know I'm going to buy several of these!

Thanks TheFrisian! :-) also hollisbrick i hope I didn't offend you I was just making a statement! :-$

I agree that the Sentry is a fantastic army builder, but until I see a definite price in my store or catalogue, I won't say it will be better than Crossbow Attack.

BUT! No matter what you have to get this set anyway, even if crossbow attack is better, because just by switching the armour in the impulse set you can have either a soldier *sweet* , a grill helmet knight :'-) , or, using grey torso and legs (of which I have plenty) a soldier AND grill helmet! *wub*

I still have no idea why they didn't release an archer instead of a wizard! *wacko* What a stupid marketing tactic. They should have put the Wizard in the tower of the upcoming "Attack on the Tower" set to insure almost certain purchases for a special fig, and release an archer in impulse to insure lots of sales from armybuilders! :-|

I still have no idea why they didn't release an archer instead of a wizard! *wacko* What a stupid marketing tactic. They should have put the Wizard in the tower of the upcoming "Attack on the Tower" set to insure almost certain purchases for a special fig, and release an archer in impulse to insure lots of sales from armybuilders! :-|

My point exactly. As I said earlier somewhere, I would love to have (lots) more archers. Currently, the only way to get them relatively cheap is the Crossbow Attack, but in that set they come without bow and quiver and with a siege weapon I don't need that many of.

I just thought these pics ought to be posted here:

impulse2id7.jpg

impulse2id7.jpg

The knight set looks like a great army builder! Would have been nice if he had a horse though.

The magician looks too good to be true. LOTR-fans wil go bazurk over that wizard hat!

Edit by *vader* * I fixed your links so pics can now be seen

The magician looks too good to be true. LOTR-fans wil go bazurk over that wizard hat!

Think so? I've never seen Gandalf or Saruman in robes with a star pattern... |-/

Ok people i don't think this has been posted yet, so i give to you the Troll battlecart:

7083.jpg

On first look i have to say i really love this new set, not only does the cart itself look good but as i had hoped we now have a cheaper opition on getting more trolls.

Some great touches from lego include the chicken leg hanging in front of the troll X-D

As most trolls appear to be sand green i really believe that the one in the dwarf mining set will be also, that sets pics really look like prelim ones to me so it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.

That troll battle cart looks great! Poor ogre. :-P As already stated, it's like a Viking reedition! Yay! More crownies, one looks real angry, another ballista, eh, and another troll! It's starting to look like the head can twist... Another cool flag and big wheels, and the use of that bionicle piece as spikes again. But only one goblin? Ah well. Great find *vader*! *y* :-D

And I don't think the Dwarf Mining troll is green, it could be dark tan as a rock troll of something, the others could be mountain trolls...

Edited by iamded

And I don't think the Dwarf Mining troll is green, it could be dark tan as a rock troll of something, the others could be mountain trolls...

It could be and i would be happy if it was as i prefer more colour options, though with legos cost cutting policy i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

is it just me or is the crownie from the battlecart holding a new sword mold? looks to be a claymore but shorter. the other crownie seems to be holding a dagger. am i seeing things??? 8-