legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

An LOTR license would mean Fleshies, the one thing I do not want in my Castle theme.

Orcs, elves, goblins, dwarves, unicorns and princesses, I'll take 'em, just NO GORRAM FLESHIES! :sick:

For what it's worth, I completely agree. I wish the concept of fleshies had never been born.

Many custom elves can be seen on Brickshelf, so it will be interesting to see how similar or different the real lego elves will be.

I love it when I correctly predict what TLG or another toy/game manufacturer is going to produce, such as with this MOC (not that I'm the only person outside of TLG to have thought of that).

On a separate note, the new sets are available from LEGO shops in the UK. I bought sets 7097 (Orc Fortress) and 7079 (Drawbridge Defence) at Bluewater last night. :grin:

Edited by AmperZand

LEGO Elves have been seen in the aforementioned advertisement, and talked about in some blog.

What blog and advertisement? :oh:

I don't remember the blog either, but the small facial pic (drawing) was on a promo poster (Wait - was it? I can't remember where it was now...). The pic is legit though.

The ad at least has been linked to this topic numerous times, but let me search it out for you...

Here's the advertisement.

I'm sorry, I can't find the blog anymore, but in it some guy talked about him planning the elf theme with TLG. It could've been a hoax, for all I know, but it's possible it wasn't. Am I the only one who remembers this blog entry here? :sceptic:

The ad at least has been linked to this topic numerous times, but let me search it out for you...

Here's the advertisement.

I'm sorry, I can't find the blog anymore, but in it some guy talked about him planning the elf theme with TLG. It could've been a hoax, for all I know, but it's possible it wasn't. Am I the only one who remembers this blog entry here? :sceptic:

No. I'd never heard of it before today...

It was stated at BrickCon '08 that there would not be elves in 2009. I think it was BrickCon? That doesn't mean there will be any in 2010, it just says none in 2009.

A Dwarf Battlepack looks like a pretty good successor to this Orc battlepack now!

Why would TLG want to spend money on a license (LoTR) and raise their prices (like Star Wars, just compare the magnet packs) when they have free reign to do whatever they want with one of their standard evergreen themes? Forget the license, just keep on doin' what they are doin'.

It was stated at BrickCon '08 that there would not be elves in 2009. I think it was BrickCon? That doesn't mean there will be any in 2010, it just says none in 2009.

A Dwarf Battlepack looks like a pretty good successor to this Orc battlepack now!

Why would TLG want to spend money on a license (LoTR) and raise their prices (like Star Wars, just compare the magnet packs) when they have free reign to do whatever they want with one of their standard evergreen themes? Forget the license, just keep on doin' what they are doin'.

I don't know (re: Dwarven BP)... I can see them doing it, but it'd have to have a decent selection MF's and accessories to grab the spotlight away from Trolls. Hopefully a beard in a different color? On second thought - maybe not. Maybe the novelty of Lego Dwarves will be enough to have folks grab them off the shelves.

Since we haven't heard anything about that rumoured Castle jubilee set until now I'm now doubting that this info was right.

In the forum this person who mentioned that even wrote that Space Police will firstly take place in 2010. So he/she might be wrong with the info about the Castle jubilee set, too, and the second Castle set only exclusively available is the Orcs BP.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I think...that there is no such thing as a "Castle Jubilee" set this year. With Pirates returning and 2 new lines available this year, I'm just going to stay excited for next year!

Did I hear "dwarves battle pack"?

852702.jpg

(credits to whung, once again)

Woah! Someone was listening here. Is that a dark brown barrel I see? Yowza!

Finally a dwarves battlepack! This makes collecting dwarves a lot easier and cheaper :sweet:

This is great news. :thumbup:

My Lego Thud! game is getting closer. :grin:

Thanks for the find guys.

Very nice find. I'll have to order all four of these awesome castle battle packs, despite the price. :cry_sad:

i was just on shop at home and i found new costume parts like a king crown and a 2 part knight costume

It's nice that Lego has expanded the BP idea into all four factions, not just knights and skeletons.

They should not only do these just-figure ones, but also some like SW and had a small building or siege weapon.

Edited by SWMAN

And there was a huge screaming of joy in the Castle community.

Maybe even Obi-wan Kenobi felt something of it. :tongue::yoda:

Love the battlepack. Now it must be in regular shops also. :classic:

Edit: I also saw on Brickset pics of all new boardgames and there is a monster game with our famous skellie and troll heads but also new red and brown monster faces. Could they be the forebode of new castle monsters?

Edited by Wout

It's time to start collecting money, a lot of money! Dwarf army is on its way!

I think this is a great pack, but I totally agree with

They should not only do these just-figure ones, but also some like SW and had a small building or siege weapon.

Even if there were a few small brick built accesories, like the City MiniFig Pack, these would be much better. But on the other hand, maybe we should be glad just to get the Orc + Dwarf figures?