legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

Wow, this coming set make everybody happy...

But, the most important things, how to get it... :tongue:

I can imagine, this battlepack only available in few days, maybe few hours or few seconds? :tongue: in every lego stores in many countries...

more than "hard to find" title in lego.com. Unfortunately for me, this set will not available in my country, Indonesia. But as usual, I hope this set available in BW Singapore, with incredible price, and I will buy online as fast as possible.

thanks again for TLC, you will make everybody upset, shocked because too happy... if you release dwarves battle pack as a pair. Come on..... :thumbup:

I do feel sorry for those who are hoping for an elf battle pack though...

Why? You don't think we're gonna see Elves?

Great find guys, this will be a must buy. That axe on the right is nice too.

All good stuff here and hopefully at the current price too!

That Orc battlepack is brilliant. I didn't bring myself to buy the other battlepacks because they were fairly standard, but this I really hope to shell out for! The figs are fantastic with varied weapons and helmet colours. But most of all I'm loving that new torn style cape, I really want two spares since I'll be keeping the mountain fortress figs together! :wub:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Daxflame, perhaps you could post why you don't think we'll see an Elf battle pack? Right now your post could be taken as rather rude.

I honestly think we are gonna see elves next year, totally. It's somewhat obvious there's gotta be introduced a new subtheme of castle cause i don't think they will already stop this line again, and since we had trolls, humans and orcs now, that would be the most likely fraction next to be introduced. I also think that we will get some more dwarf sets next year since there basically are only really 2 at the moment, and dozens for the orcs already.

Daxflame, perhaps you could post why you don't think we'll see an Elf battle pack? Right now your post could be taken as rather rude.

Eh - I'm not offended. I'm curious as why as well he's being so curt, but maybe he's just not an elf-friendly dude and hopes they won't come out at all... I'm optimistic when it comes to the whispered Elves faction.

The new castle sets are up on the lego.com uk site today if it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere

The new castle sets are up on the lego.com uk site today...

T'is true! But when I checked a moment ago, they were not yet available. I expect they will be soon. Time to raid my piggy bank. :grin:

I'm especially looking forwards to the golden knight and the orc sorceress. The queen and the orc king are pretty cool too.

They are ready to ship ove rhere (austria), but well i have no credit card. I find it quite disgusting that there is no other payment method possible at S@H, i think they really have to add some more possibilities. I mean, amazon and all the other big online store sites allow a payment per bank account or something else, only TLG is not. :thumbdown:

metalandi,

Here in the UK, you can get Mastercard-approved cards in shops that you pay for in cash (plus a small charge of a few pounds). You can then use them as you would any other Mastercard including online. A friend of mine who can't get a card bought one produced by IDT Prime and used it to order some silverware online. It worked a charm.

I don't know if the equivalent exists in Austria but you might want to search around to see if it does.

You do have to be old enough to own a normal credit card so if you're not, you may need the help of either an adult to buy one for you or a dodgy retailer who's happy to sell to kids!

HTH,

Amps

PS to the mods: sorry about the OTness of my post.

Why? You don't think we're gonna see Elves?

I think that it is more possible that LEGO buys a Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit liecense and doesn´t start to make elves because they will probably have to make other forms and forms mean money.

So we just have to wait to 2012 or 11.

I think that it is more possible that LEGO buys a Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit liecense and doesn´t start to make elves because they will probably have to make other forms and forms mean money.

So we just have to wait to 2012 or 11.

I'm sorry, but you should keep dreaming.

LEGO will never buy the LotR license, I'll bet my life on it.

But as far as elves go, I'm totally waiting next year... :wub:

I'm sorry, but you should keep dreaming.

LEGO will never buy the LotR license, I'll bet my life on it.

I'm curious... Why do you think they wouldn't (or haven't already)? After all, they bought the HP licence. If a company as small as Art Asylum can buy a LotR licence (which they did), a company the size of TLG can certainly afford it make a Hobbit one worth their while.

But as far as elves go, I'm totally waiting next year... :wub:

Either way, I'm very much looking forwards to elves and any other fantasy beings/creatures TLG produce.

Amps

Edited by AmperZand

I'm curious... Why do you think they wouldn't (or haven't already)? After all, they bought the HP licence. If a company as small as Art Asylum can buy a LotR licence (which they did), a company the size of TLG can certainly afford it make a Hobbit one worth their while.

Mostly because LotR isn't a children's license. It's not even childish in the way for example Indiana Jones is.

Besides, LotR isn't current anymore. The upcoming Hobbit-theme will probably bring its popularity up again, but I still doubt it will ever reach the same hype the first movies had.

Anyway, LEGO already has the Fantasy Era theme, why would they want another one that's almost the same?

But I guess I should never say never... But I'm in serious doubt about this nevertheless.

Anyway, LEGO already has the Fantasy Era theme, why would they want another one that's almost the same?

I thought the same with Indiana Jones and Johnny Thunder.

LEGO had a drawing of an elf in a LEGO magazine from Spring 2008. That mean they had elves in mind when making the magazine. They maybe came to the idea of getting the LOTR license just after they released tht picture.

Also this small Castle year would be explained. Last two years a bunch of sets, and now only three. They had a whole elves line in mind, but canceled the sets and made three sets fast up.

But whatever, we will get our elves for sure.

Also this small Castle year would be explained. Last two years a bunch of sets, and now only three. They had a whole elves line in mind, but canceled the sets and made three sets fast up.

See, it's a bit dangerous to make theories like that up. People will read them and start believing in them. :wink:

Why don't we all just stick to what we know for sure. LEGO Elves have been seen in the aforementioned advertisement, and talked about in some blog. As far as LEGO LotR goes, nothing has been officially said, or even hinted, about it. Nothing.

So I still say that it's much more probable that we'll see elves next year as opposed to LotR or Hobbit.

Prices are up now in uk, and price increases on other items. Castle Siege has gone up from about £68 to £73 I think!

Seems like all the S@H countries got the new castle sets available, except Denmark :look: (wonder why?)

I never realised that the troll mountain fortress would cost as much as the MMV, it got almost only half the pieces! I might having second thoughts on that one :hmpf_bad:

Oh, and while I was scanning through the different countries on S@H I noticed that in Czech republic the MMV is cheaper than both King's Siege Castle and Trolls Mountain Fortress. Now that is strange pricing. :wacko:

The pricing has been weird since quite a time already, i also will neve runderstand that :sceptic: Also for example if something costs 100 $ in the US it costs 100 € in europe, which is not nearly the same..so some countries have to pay more than others, which is really weird.

An LOTR license would mean Fleshies, the one thing I do not want in my Castle theme.

Orcs, elves, goblins, dwarves, unicorns and princesses, I'll take 'em, just NO GORRAM FLESHIES! :sick:

Grrr! Medieval Market just jumped $30 CAD - and its still $99.99 USD!!!

This puts a serious dent in my plans... :hmpf_bad:

See, it's a bit dangerous to make theories like that up. People will read them and start believing in them. :wink:

Why don't we all just stick to what we know for sure. LEGO Elves have been seen in the aforementioned advertisement, and talked about in some blog. As far as LEGO LotR goes, nothing has been officially said, or even hinted, about it. Nothing.

Perfectly said. Completely agree with your post. As for Elves, Im really looking forward to see what changes and parts will be featured. Many custom elves can be seen on Brickshelf, so it will be interesting to see how similar or different the real lego elves will be.