legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

Well, looks like the sets are starting to show up on shop.lego.com!

Drawbridge Defense

King's Battle Chariot

Troll's Mountain Fortress

Happy shopping. :tongue:

Well, not here unfortunately. Which is actually good cause i can't afford anything right now (getting truck driving licence and goin' to loads of concerts :tongue: ) but i will for sure buy the troll's fortress and the drawbridge when time comes!

Well, looks like the sets are starting to show up on shop.lego.com!

It's about time... :hmpf_bad:

I've been wanting to search some stores for these sets, but I sprained my ankle a couple days ago, in accordance to Murphy's Law. Now, I will be able to acquire these beautiful sets. :cry_happy:

With the many exclusive sets this year and since there is only the number 10197 left - which will very supposably be the rumoured CC styled fire department - do you think that TLG decided (against their former intention) however not to relase that rumoured second exclusive Castle set?

Klaus-Dieter

We only got 3 sets this year, plus 10193. So I'm sure they will release the jubilee set.

We only got 3 sets this year, plus 10193. So I'm sure they will release the jubilee set.

I guess I missed it somewhere....what's a "jubilee" set?

Hey Klaus! Where, and please don't link me to a conversation that goes on for 15 pages, where did you hear that there is a second exclusive castle set. I've been looking all over, and my sources know nothing of what you are saying. Please, enlighten me. Thanks.

Stash2sixx

Hey Klaus! Where, and please don't link me to a conversation that goes on for 15 pages, where did you hear that there is a second exclusive castle set. I've been looking all over, and my sources know nothing of what you are saying. Please, enlighten me. Thanks.

Stash2sixx

Stash2sixx, here (sorry, only in German) someone wrote something about a Castle jubilee sets and I remember that legomilk posted here some months ago that there'll be two Castle sets sold exclusively via S@H - the first one is the awesome 10193 MVV. But what's the second one?

Well, I thought that, too, cagri.

It's only because we are already seeing that many exclusive sets this year and since time is far advanced and we still didn't get any information or at least a hint of set number for this one. :sceptic:

Maybe we're even awaiting too much since it's perhaps only a very small set like e. g. a minifigure collection with only Castle minifigs of different years.

Or do you think that we really will get something in about the same size and price class like the brilliant 10193 MVV?

Klaus-Dieter

Maybe we're even awaiting too much since it's perhaps only a very small set like e. g. a minifigure collection with only Castle minifigs of different years.

Or do you think that we really will get something in about the same size and price class like the brilliant 10193 MVV?

I wouldn't expect something bigger than the advent calendar, I don't expect a "regular" set either. Maybe something like the new christmas special, but nothing bigger. I say it will be figure oriented. I don't have any source for these guesses though, it's just my idea. We may even get a UCS :) I dunno ...

My german isn't the best but in the link that you posted, KD, doesn't it says "1 kleines jubiläumsset" which means a small jubilee set? I really hope it's true but I must say TLG have made a good job keeping it secret in that case. And I don't mind that it's small since we already got the big and awesome MMV this year.

My german isn't the best but in the link that you posted, KD, doesn't it says "1 kleines jubiläumsset" which means a small jubilee set? I really hope it's true but I must say TLG have made a good job keeping it secret in that case. And I don't mind that it's small since we already got the big and awesome MMV this year.

You're absolutely right, Etzel! :classic:

That's even the reason why I and cagri are thinking of the second exlusive Castle set may be a minifigure collection or at least only something very small.

Well, at least it should go with the awesome 10193 MVV - something totally different would not be good!

Btw:

I really like that golden knight and the queen and even the orc shaman! :wub:

Of course the golden knight is somehow useless and of course no minifigure for fighting. But in a king's procession where the king rides on his horse guarded by a huge amount of knights, soldiers and his royal household he'd make surely good! :thumbup:

I'll try to get these three seperately since I really don't like the regular current "Castle".

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks Klaus. MMV, and the three sets that just came out are all I know of for Castle this year, 2009. 2010, no clue! Of course, we are all full of speculation, aren't we?

I would love to see some new battle packs this year, but I guess only time will tell!

Just found this on Bricklink.

Do you think that it's real? We got the other battlepacks without any warning, so this might be real. I'd probably by one :thumbup: .

Just found this on Bricklink.

Do you think that it's real? We got the other battlepacks without any warning, so this might be real. I'd probably by one :thumbup: .

I've bought stuff from this seller, and find her very reputable and she often has new stuff first (she lives near Legoland California). So yes, I imagine this is real.

At least now the Troll Fortress can be populated!

EDIT: I asked the seller and these are the pics I was sent:

Yay for extra raggedy capes and more Troll shields!

temp8721.jpg

temp8735.jpg

temp8721.jpg

temp8735.jpg

mmmm... I smell a Dwarves Battle Pack in the air... Is it only me?

It would make sense, wouldn't it? :grin:

(I've reposted the pics so people don't have to back to the last page :wink:)

They just had to include a rat didn't they. :tongue:

Looks good, may need to pick up one just to flesh out my troll army a bit. I like how it also includes the troll armor and capes, but I wish the top troll would have had a new helm too. Is there a release date on these?

I thought they were due later in the year, but if LEGOLAND has them already, makes me curious if they put them on sale already. I think I needz to make a phone call tomorrow?

WOW... one word : AMAZING !!!

fantastic additional for my troll army....

Thanks God, and thanks for TLC too... :tongue:

and dwarves battle pack pleaseeeeee :tongue:

This is the best news ever!!! :cry_happy:

I had been waiting for this battlepack for a long time, and I thought this year couldn't have something similar. This battlepack is sheer brilliant and its very clever of TLG to include the two new brown ragged robe. In addition, there are 3 troll shields plus different weapons variations and helmets. I can imagine myself getting heaps and heaps of these, if there are ever available in my country. Previously, the earlier battlepacks came in limited quantity.

Now, I am very sure there is a high probability of a Dwarves Battlepack as well, since all good stuff comes in pair! :wub::wub::wub:

...its very clever of TLG to include the two new brown ragged robe. In addition, there are 3 troll shields plus different weapons variations and helmets. I can imagine myself getting heaps and heaps of these, if there are ever available in my country. Previously, the earlier battlepacks came in limited quantity.

I agree; this is much more appealing than buying lots of individual identical Impulses. The extra capes, different torsos and the Troll General breastplate do make these very attractive! I hope they keep the pricing of the previous 2 battlepacks, as they are very attractive in $AUD. I'm sure when the time comes we can help you get some, Fangy!

I agree; this is much more appealing than buying lots of individual identical Impulses. The extra capes, different torsos and the Troll General breastplate do make these very attractive! I hope they keep the pricing of the previous 2 battlepacks, as they are very attractive in $AUD. I'm sure when the time comes we can help you get some, Fangy!

Thanks in advance! :wub:

Seriously, this is really one of the best battlepack ever, and on par with the Humans battlepack last year. As what you have mentioned before, I really hope they can maintain the same price as before. Geez, I wish these sets can come out soon! It's too awesome!!

I'm sure they"ll be the same price as the Human/Skellie battlepacks they have basically the same content.

I'm super excited about these now I can really build my troll army into something spectacular.

It would be cool if there will be another Castle Tic-Tac-Toe set that has 10 minifigures for $15 USD, like the last one, with 5 chrome silver swords. :classic:

That would make an even better battle pack (with less variety, though). :tongue: