legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

Well considering that there would be no dwarves in barrels without elves, they'll pretty much be in the Hobbit.

I also think that these new crown tiara pieces probably attach via a plume hole.

tiara.jpg

I am fairly sure the above picture is the same thing.

So now we'll have a hairpiece with a hole in it :sceptic:

:cry_sad: I wanted the Elf sets.....why TLC, why!?!? :sing:

Lego12

Because elves are...well....boring compared to orcs, dwarves and multimoraled humans.

Who'd want an unbribeable all the way good faction? :tongue:

That's up to each individual player to decide whether their elves are goody-two-shoes or minions of evil. It's up to LEGO to make the sets, not decide their allignment. :wink:

For example, I'm aware that the trolls have red eyes and an all-around barbaric look to them, but that hasn't stopped me from using them as the allies of humans and dwarves.

Edited by Sandy

tiara.jpg

I am fairly sure the above picture is the same thing.

So now we'll have a hairpiece with a hole in it :sceptic:

Ah well, at least it is only one hole, I thought it was two. Doesn't look like it will be real obvious either, I'm happy with that :classic:

Because elves are...well....boring compared to orcs, dwarves and multimoraled humans.

I disagree, there are plenty of tales of Dark Elves or Elves written as ambiguous characters. I for one hope to see thme in 2010 then as they would make a great addition I believe.

That's up to each individual player to decide whether their elves are goody-two-shoes or minions of evil. It's up to LEGO to make the sets, not decide their allignment. :wink:

Very good point, though I agree with TLC for the most part how they are marketed. Cliche? Yes. Classic fantasy fun? Even more so.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

No Elves huh? I guess I can take this as a good thing :sceptic: I wasn't tooexcited about them anyway but I did kinda want them. Oh well, that means there is one more surprise then for castle then! :thumbup: I wouldnt mind some village add-ones :sweet::cry_happy: Also some more orcs and dwarves would be sweet, mayby a different looking orc? Or even the return of the skellies :skull: I guess anything is possible atm. I'll be happy as long as TLG keep goin with fantasy :thumbup:

Still want my dragon warriors in the not too distance future :tongue::devil:

This is probably for the best, in my opinion. Now, instead of adding another faction, they can bulk up the ones they already have. I really do hope that a neat Orc Castle will be included in the '09 Castle sets. Vladek's Dark Fortress was the best thing to come out of KK2. Even the Bat Lord's Castle was very cool, imo. I just picked one up from Bricklink a few months ago, and love it. Lego has always been pretty good about evil fortresses, so I hope this (if it's even true) follows that trend. :thumbup:

I like the orc mage female. For me this one is the best of the female figs.

I am not to bothered that the elves are on hold this year. I would like to see some new orc/ dwarf setting and hopefully more small sets in the 10-25$ range. While I do love the dwarf mine, I cannot be spending that for each kit.

Damn, no elves... but if that's the sacrifice to pay for having that awesome Village Square and whats to come, then hey, I'm not complaining! :classic:

Hopefully TLG will change the tiaras so that the hair doesn't have to have a big hole in it. Maybe they could make it like a headband, where the crown just clips on and off...

That's strange. I thought for sure we'd be in an Amish... er I mean elfish paradise...

Steve

I was a bit bored, and so i just thought why not edit the orc queen picture and cut out everything we don't really want to see :tongue: , and this is what came out:

93790986og6.jpg

w800.png

Well stop hoping. The statement was that there would be new castle sets is '09, but sorry-no elves sets. Sorry... :cry_sad:

I'm actually pleased with this news. I may be reading too much into it, but it seems to indicate that there will indeed be Elves. Mostly though, I'm glad to see that TLG seems to be taking their time in developing this Castle line. It would be nice to see more development of the Orcs and Dwarves before adding another faction. If they add factions slowly, and work for depth within each, they could build Castle back in to the strong sub-genre that it used to be, in the mid-late 80's and early 90's when it was as expansive and popular as Town. The "fantasy" direction that they are taking seems to be working well, and I have high hopes for this particular incarnation of "Castle".

Edited by Eilif

I was a bit bored, and so i just thought why not edit the orc queen picture and cut out everything we don't really want to see :tongue: , and this is what came out:

Hey thanks! I'm actually quite excited for this fig. Villian females are rare.

Thanks metalandi for the picture!

My guess about the figs pictures:

Quenn/Princess:

Would be nice, if they made a Castle-Tower for the princess, with their own room's...

Troll maidservant/witch:

Uhhh...very difficult, maybe a 'Impuls'-Set with the maidservant/witch and accesoires like a grimoire!

That are my cogitations :thumbup:

greetings S-S

Btw. has anybody noticed that the new telescope piece is also used for the orc queen's "i don't know the name of it thing" with the lightning bolt? Seems this piece will got a lot of use in future sets.

Btw. has anybody noticed that the new telescope piece is also used for the orc queen's "i don't know the name of it thing" with the lightning bolt? Seems this piece will got a lot of use in future sets.

Oh yes, very true! Good eye. :classic:

It's kinda getting the same push that the lightsaber hilt did.

The orc queen is a great idea, looks great! An orc castle of some sort would be great, or at least an Orc Lair to an an extent.

So do we know what the Orc Queen goes to. I really am hoping that some new Skeleton sets come out next year. I am on a limited space budget, and don't want to get into both the Skellies and Orcs because I will run out of space.

Has anyone else seen this? ---->new Dwarves helmet? He also has it in the winged version... What set does it come in?

I'm not sure its a new piece. It looks more like a mold/cast or a test piece.

Steve

If you guys are interested on this subject, I went to Legoland Germany this summer and they were selling dwarves helmets (both winged and non winged) in light bley. I do have a few I bought, more as collection items than anything- actually they're nothing special, the shiny ones from the sets are much better.

Shakar

I believe that these are the basic helmets how they look after coming out of the plastic extruder machine. As far as i know, the silver/golden/copper colour is "painted" on afterwards. I remember someone (i think at classic castle) saying, that he had a helmet where the colour already was going off weeks after he bought the Dwarve's Mine and the helmet was light bley under it. Anyway, this seems to be a rather rare issue as i didn't hear about a second person having the same problem.

Edited by metalandi

Indeed, light bley seems to be under the metallic coloured helmets. They were also selling light bley broad brim helmets (I think I bought some of those too).

Shakar

These new sets are all wonderful and great, but do any of you think that we'll actually get a Dwarves' Battlepack in the future? Many people are ready for Elves, but I haven't had my fill of Dwarves yet, I can't justify using the Mine Defender or Dwarves' mine as an army builder : ( , I just don't have that kind of money :cry_sad:

It would be awesome if there would come a impulse set (€2,99) with a dwarf (no winged helmet!) with some cool accessoires like gold ores and a pick axe... *sight*