legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

X-D any youtube vids mate ?? :-P AFOLs attacking cat with crappy catapult !! Thats a must see :-D

*yoda*

I'm sure there's some out their but not from me that's for sure X-D

Am i the only one who dosen't like those damn firing things? I really hate them :-( they just don't seem right to me. Ok i know lego wants them in there so they appeal more but i wish they didn't.

I'm with you on this one as well, they look far too much like modern artillery to be able to pose as something medieval. If the designers had only tried to make them look like proper medieval ballistas, maybe I would've liked them a lot better. Perhaps a nice idea for a building contest: try to create the most realistic ballista while still retaining the shooting function.

Am i the only one who dosen't like those damn firing things? I really hate them :-( they just don't seem right to me. Ok i know lego wants them in there so they appeal more but i wish they didn't.

I HATE EM' TOO! >:-( Although I like the one in the Viking Artillery Wagon! X-D Nice workhorse idea there. But they're freakin' annoying when I have to try and fire them off the countless Star Wars sets which they are included in! Y-wing, Tie Crawler, Sith Infiltrator, new Vulture droid, the list goes on! Flick fire missiles just weird me out when you have to use your fingers. A nice mechanism changes that, though... 8-

I HATE EM' TOO! >:-( Although I like the one in the Viking Artillery Wagon! X-D Nice workhorse idea there. But they're freakin' annoying when I have to try and fire them off the countless Star Wars sets which they are included in! Y-wing, Tie Crawler, Sith Infiltrator, new Vulture droid, the list goes on! Flick fire missiles just weird me out when you have to use your fingers. A nice mechanism changes that, though... 8-

I was thinking eventually they will bring out more over the year so if they bring out a Castle I hope they dont make it Like just a wall and nothing inside I want it to be like this one someone is in progress of making:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=276248

That would be really good.

I guess the usually castles are ok if you have the 3739 Blacksmith Shop to put in town.

Only one thing for Lego to do. Replace all flick missles with Bionicle Squid Launchers.

Perhaps the only thing they have come up with that works worse than the flick missles.

I think the Artillery Wagon ones would be better catagorized as spring powered anyway.

Ducks and Runs

-Tohst

Good point, about the spring powered. I guess that means all the Vikings are spring powered! But will the Battlecart be spring powered? I think so, but the guard tower missiles are just plain dumb.

I also REALLY hate those missiles! >:-( Especially the one on the Viking ship it looks far too modern |-/

However, I wouldn't class the Artillery Wagon in that area, as it was the more realistic one, being dragged by six vikings hiding the ballistas behind the behemoth that was the wagon. The firing mechanism on that set is also much more clever, and does in my opinion a good job of combining a good set with good playability. ;-)

But the one on the tower looks awful :-X . The worst ones (and it seems this will be one of them) is where you ACTUALLY have to flick them with your FINGER! >:-(

TTFN! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

It's nice to hear that i'm not the only one who hates those damn missiles, they just don't look right and in a set like the vikings they just stick right out.

Joey i would love lego to build something like in that link, but it's highly unlikely.

I'm not a fan of them but i dont really hate them either. In some sets aka viking artillary wagon some other sets they are pretty kool but i hate the flicky ones in the exo-force sets.

never mind :-$

Edited by DNL

I quite like the ones that use the soccer spring things to fire the missiles, but I dislike the ones that you have to flick with your finger. So annoying, and they keep falling out. The ones on the new goblin/Crownies set looks too modern to stick at the top of tower. Boooo! >:-(

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Looking at the new pics from the catalogue, I must say that I like the wizard a lot more! Like his evil conterpart he has printed legs and printed belt on the hat, which is great. I would still have preferred dark blue over sand blue, however. And I hope that the torso is printed.

Regarding the Crown Knight soldier....army building on! *y*

Shaka

I agree with Shakar the new wizard looks good with the printed legs and the belt.

Personally, I would have liked to see the wizard in gray; not sky blue.

I thought the wizard was grey, but sand blue is fine with me, lets you know he's the good guy, a couple of them would add nicely to my collection.

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Judging from the big picture of the wizard in the catalog, it would seem they got rid of most of the starry prints, which instantly makes him look a lot more appealing. Still, would've liked him even more in dark blue. Not only would dark blue be more in accordance to the Crownies' colorscheme, in my opinion it's just a nicer color for a wizard anyway.

Ahhhh now that's a much better looking wizard, i really didn't like the look of him with all those stars.

However he now looks great far less comical than before, but i do wish lego had chosen a different colour than sand grey. :-/

Ahhhh now that's a much better looking wizard, i really didn't like the look of him with all those stars.

However he now looks great far less comical than before, but i do wish lego had chosen a different colour than sand grey. :-/

Yes but he also in the catalog has the dark wizard prints on his legs! *wub*

Must get all 2008 lego! :'-)

Yes but he also in the catalog has the dark wizard prints on his legs! *wub*

Must get all 2008 lego! :'-)

Well lets hope we get the one with the print on the legs and not those crappy stars, 2008 is gonna be a huge year and a bloody expensive one also X-D ....still i wouldn't have it any other way :-)

I actually think the wizard has new printing, less evil than the dark wizard's, not just another colour either.

~Peace

Edited by iamded

I actually think t5he wizard has new printing, less evil than the dark wizard's, not just another colour either.

It could be slightly different to the evil wizard, not a lot but a bit.

Eh?

Sorry, you'll need to explain more. It looks like you tried to copy and paste an image off of your computer- that doesn't work. Try uploading the picture to Brickshelf, and then insert the pic. ;-)

Eh?

Sorry, you'll need to explain more. It looks like you tried to copy and paste an image off of your computer- that doesn't work. Try uploading the picture to Brickshelf, and then insert the pic. ;-)

Must be the set "Troll Battlecart" where the chicken leg is to motivate the troll to pull the cart. Is that what it is Commander Andrew?

Batbrick-is-on-to-something Away! >:-)

Let me help you...

l_ea5f85f14061b866785d7c4d01c5fadb.jpg

You simply coded it wrong. :-/

Anyway, as Batbrick said, the chicken leg is there for a comical effect, the goblin has to run to get the chicken, but by doing so he pulls along the wagon, so he never reaches the leg. I guess they weren't mean enough to whip him. Just starve him instead. :-P

~Peace