Hi all,

I just finished the reimagined battlestar galactica, and it was phenomenal. So, I just had to build myself a viper. It has landing gear that raises and lowers, and it can fit one pilot.

Enjoy!

21045916211_cf670088ca_z.jpgColonial Viper Mk. II (1) by [DustyBricks], on Flickr

21012066696_fdc18853cc_z.jpgColonial Viper Mk. II (2) by [DustyBricks], on Flickr

21028361792_98783715fc_z.jpgColonial Viper Mk. II (3) by [DustyBricks], on Flickr

20850190410_85efd6c23a_z.jpgColonial Viper Mk. II (4) by [DustyBricks], on Flickr

20850190530_02506a2264_z.jpgColonial Viper Mk. II (5) by [DustyBricks], on Flickr

20417238673_e9866d9e9c_z.jpgColonial Viper Mk. II (6) by [DustyBricks], on Flickr

20850190920_6b73ce7e67_z.jpgColonial Viper Mk. II (7) by [DustyBricks], on Flickr

A beautiful rendition at that size! I really like the way you did the cockpit- definitely one of the stumbling block when trying to make a Viper MOC more compact. :classic:

Very nice! I've been wanting something like this and a cylon ship in midi scale, but I love the minifigure scale ship (and love the use of tires as engine exhaust). Nice.

Nice work! Do you have any shots of the bottom to see how the landing gear retract? I am anxiously awaiting the new canopy in the ep 7 x wing for a number of mocs. I think it might work well with this subject as well.

Did you consider using this part rather than the slopes on each side of the cockpit? It might go better with the otherwise studless sides

Edited by drclark

Thanks all for your kind words. Appreciate it!

Nice work! Do you have any shots of the bottom to see how the landing gear retract? I am anxiously awaiting the new canopy in the ep 7 x wing for a number of mocs. I think it might work well with this subject as well.

Did you consider using this part rather than the slopes on each side of the cockpit? It might go better with the otherwise studless sides

I don't have any shots, but if you closely at the frst picture, you can see where the landing gear attach. They fold up, pretty much like the X-wing landing gear from 6212.

I had considered using that part, but I simply did not have enough of them to cover the sides.

Holy smokes, that's fantastic! Have you thought about putting this up on LEGO Ideas? I would back it in a second!

Not sure how you feel about mixing other brick brands in with your MOCs, but Kre-O made a helmet that is a dead ringer for the Helmets worn by the pilots in the classic BSG:

400px-KreO-Toy_BrawnKreon.jpgEFX03101001lg.jpg

Nice work 'DustyBricks', only let down is it's based on the reboot series not the original which is the true BSG (the one that is more human and having heart, not selfishness).

Maybe one day I'll try building an original series viper, maybe.

Brick On with The Lords Of Kobol !

Holy smokes, that's fantastic! Have you thought about putting this up on LEGO Ideas? I would back it in a second!

Not sure how you feel about mixing other brick brands in with your MOCs, but Kre-O made a helmet that is a dead ringer for the Helmets worn by the pilots in the classic BSG:

400px-KreO-Toy_BrawnKreon.jpgEFX03101001lg.jpg

Sorry, for not replying sooner! I would, but 1) I'd like to keep as purist as possible, and 2)This is a viper based off of the reimagined series where the helmets look more like motorbike helmets. Also, I don't think Lego would allow a bsg MOC on ideas. I wish they would though!

Thanks all for your comments!