Lazarev N.

[MOC] Spaceship "Desert Harrier"

Beautiful work! You can see the Corellian inspiration in the design. I love the colors, SNOT work, interior, quad laser cannon and those droids : )

Great design, except the front part, too blocky in my opinion.

I also wonder what it would have looked like in gray/dark gray/dark tan only though

Great build, I love that your interior manages to look nice without jeperdising the shape of it or the exterior. The engine room is the highlight for me.

Now this made my day! Amazing work - after quite few weeks this is SW model I trully admire. Perfect design and color scheme (I'm probably going to use this mixture sooner or later) and decent interior. If I had to name one weak spot, it would be the thrusters - I don't really like those plastic wheels and especially when the rest of the ship is so detailed, these thrusters look somewhat poor. The rest is nailed!

Really great color, the bare studs are used very well. It is a bit blocky, but that's why I like it so much, it's not unnecessarily sleek, it's sleek in a blocky way, a very hard line to walk. ^ I agree the thrusters could use another look, but that's all that's wrong, beautiful MOC.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

Nicely done! I love the snot work and the interior is very detailed. The lines flow together, overall just a very nice MOC!

I think you have designed a really decent ship here. I also thought the engine was done really well, i mean, every large ship should uave an engine full of greebles n stuff!

I do agree with Krisandkris about the plastic wheels though, its like you spent so much effort on the ship, and just settled for an easy solution for round thrusters with the wheels. Look at Bob de Quatre's ships thrusters for inspiration, he always nails them, round brick built, perfectly.

Seeing your ship, i know you have the ability to do it!

I also really like the interior (i love ships with interiors) and that you even managed to squeeze some bunk beds in there :D

Look forward to seeing more from you!

Thank you all for your comments. It's incredibly nice to read so many good reviews of my work. I spent a lot of her time, energy and emotion - and when people notice it, it's inspiring to create new models.

Why I used the wheel? I held it in my hands and did not think to do something else, I wanted to use it. This is a very appropriate part of a very interesting shape and details, wheel very fit under the overall style of the model. If I was going something he could turn out worse. Why make complicated if there is a good and easy?

Gorgeous ship you designed and built here!

I love how you didn't loose yourself in superfluous greebles or ultra-fine texturing, but instead decided to flesh out the shape of the ship to perfection. With small ridges and extra angles everywhere, who needs that distracting stuff? You all dosed it just right to get a beautiful, strong looking vessel I wouldn't like to encounter after midnight. I'm also a big fan of the asymmetry and the unique color scheme, those nice facets at the sides (I wasn't even aware of that part's existence!), the fact you have two boarding ramps, and I am baffled by the idea no one ever came across that great bench design you have in the interior. It's an excellent ship from the first stud to the last :thumbup: .

Sadly, there's still a small amount of areas that aren't on par with the rest of your ship. Those exposed Technic beams fail to come across as details and appear as just an artifact of the build. Using pegs and tiles and/or inverted plates would already make it look a lot better. And you still have some right angles in the back. Normally, they wouldn't appear that "bad", but in this creation with all of its subtle angles they stand out. That square pattern of tiles on the rear hatch, for instance, could be either replaced by a smoother SNOT section, or just hidden away behind some ledges coming forth from the angled panels above. The end of that steel column could feature some greebles/pipes to smooth it off and to give it meaning. The flat area at the side of the back could feature another protruding panel to break it up some more and keep the overall subtlety of the ship going. These little points of improvement can only be seen from the non-standard point of view. So, on first sight it already is breathtaking. But just a little effort could make your creation a beauty from every angle, making everyone grab into his/her monitor to turn it around and swoosh it in all directions. That would be just perfect...

Awesome job! I'm really looking forward to admiring your next creation from even more angles.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Wow this is fantastic! Wish I had the imagination (and time) to design and build things like this from scratch!

Awesome ship mate - well done! Not only is it full of detail for AFOLs, but being able to take the roof off and access all those rooms inside means it would really appeal to the kids too. :)

I reckon you could do a great version of the First Order Transporter ship using this design as a base.