Sign in to follow this  
Blackhawk STX

[Challenge 2] [Cat B] Javelin Class Dropship

Tags: Kawashita, Military, Challenge 2

This is NOT what I had in mind when I said I’d take any mission thrown my way! I’m a fighter pilot, for crying out loud! Give me a fast, heavily armed ship and I’ll fly anywhere and fight anyone you want. But I’ve got a job to pilot a dropship onto some no-name rock that the bug-eyed aliens have set up a forward base on and drop off a strike team. Doesn’t that make me a glorified bus driver? The only explanation I got was the “insane, almost suicidal recklessness” line again. Crud…

C02b-01_zpsqgoy23im.jpg

Okay, now that I’ve seen it up close, this Javelin isn’t half bad. I suppose I could condescend enough to fly it… At least I have Shane as my WSO (that’s Weapons System Officer, for those not up on CMJ, which is Common Military Jargon. I made that last one up myself). We’re assigned to drop off the M squad so they can hit the power generators and allow the follow-on forces to plaster the base. I don’t know what the “M” stands for. Marine? Magnificent? Mopey? Moronic? They won’t tell me.

C02b-02_zpstc1uuva9.jpg

C02b-03_zpsgidddkoi.jpg

I take it all back! This puppy really moves! It doesn’t handle as well as the Thunderbolt, but all things considered, it’s not bad! I got a kill going in, and Shane pegged a bogey with the top guns. Drop point coming up. Let’s go!

C02b-04_zpsdqftf079.jpg

We’re down, and the M squad is heading out. Except for the one guy who has a really dark visor on his helmet. He thinks it looks cool, so he keeps it down all the time. The thing is, he can’t see worth diddly-squat with it down. I’m gonna go with the “M for Moronic” theory…

C02b-05_zpshhzbnyoo.jpg

The guys are on the scene. Go, M squad!

C02b-06_zpsp95t23qh.jpg

Except for Dark Visor. That guy is totally lost…

C02b-07_zpsjwvxabd5.jpg

C02b-08_zpsg5wnkj5q.jpg

C02b-09_zpsnhn8rvfh.jpg

C02b-10_zpslvpgy8f8.jpg

C02b-11_zpshsedxcsz.jpg

This is what you get when you cross a fighter with a transport! This baby is a bit big, which posed some problems with keeping it in the background area. Oh, well. At least I think the build came out well.

But is this it? The challenge is over? Hey, it was fun! I enjoyed participating, and I'm looking forward to more like it!

C&C's welcome and appreciated.

Love that picture with the one guy tripping as he leaves the bay, so good! Very interesting shape for the ship

M squad is a great idea. Maybe MANTIS could have a B squad. Now where to get all the torsos with a large B on them.

Nice ship its a bit of a x-wing mixed with an APC. good work.

Great looking engines. I also like that the design philosophy of this could easily be RP'd as similar to the other classes of ships you build, but with a troop transport stuck on the back. In space, it seems like modular design of this type would be useful.

Dark Visor may be one of my new favorite characters! :laugh:

No kidding! He may even be related to Blackhawk somehow. Maybe we'll see more of him...

Those engines look really nice! Great ship!

Excellent ship! The engine design is very clever :thumbup:

Thanks, guys! The engine design was an interesting experiment that seems to have come out rather well.

Love that picture with the one guy tripping as he leaves the bay, so good! Very interesting shape for the ship

I was wondering what I was going to do for a story. When I dug out my M-Tron figs and saw the one with the black visor, I knew I had it! Glad it worked. There's nothing like a good laugh to liven up a build!

M squad is a great idea. Maybe MANTIS could have a B squad. Now where to get all the torsos with a large B on them.

Nice ship its a bit of a x-wing mixed with an APC. good work.

Yeah, M squad worked out well. Good thing I still have those old minifigs!

Great looking engines. I also like that the design philosophy of this could easily be RP'd as similar to the other classes of ships you build, but with a troop transport stuck on the back. In space, it seems like modular design of this type would be useful.

Thank you! My original concept was to build a Leopard class dropship from Battletech (if anyone knows what that is...), but I didn't have the wedge plates, or enough of them, to do it. So, I changed it to this, with a slab-sided homage to the old Leopard...