Just did some stacking with bricks.... and it appears to be a Crane Truck with a blink to the 8258 set :laugh:

Question for the Dutchies: Guess the location? :grin:

eurobricks_cranetruck42009_1.jpg

eurobricks_cranetruck42009_2.jpg

eurobricks_cranetruck42009_4.jpg

eurobricks_cranetruck42009_3.jpg

Edited by designer-han

Very nice C model. Looks a lot better than the standard B model. Can you post some more pics from different angles?

Hee Han, nice model. Has to be the A1 nearby Muiden. My 70 % different MAN rebuild of your 10x4 dump truck is still in the cabinet but it has competition from the Arocs when i do a rebuild.

Just did some stacking with bricks....

* Checks username... Does not compute.

Very nice model. Will you make instructions?

Hallo Han,

the truck looks good and it's interesting 42009 C Model...

I would change the cabin doors... they are too small and should be bigger, down to the mudgards... also number of steps is little bit too high...

Otherway good work... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Hallo Han,

the truck looks good and it's interesting 42009 C Model...

I would change the cabin doors... they are too small and should be bigger, down to the mudgards... also number of steps is little bit too high...

Otherway good work... :)

Max...

Are you serious? "Too small, too high, should be"... I guess you have no clue about this one. I often wonder how the cynics get to this kind of critisism around here.

The look is goreous! I bet the design of the inner mechanics and overall playability are fantastic as always. Recently I sold my 42009 on ebay because my son doesn´t like it, but now I regret having done it...

Very well made and keep on building such top class models, Han!

Are you serious? "Too small, too high, should be"... I guess you have no clue about this one. I often wonder how the cynics get to this kind of critisism around here.

I don't understand your reaction... I said that truck is good but the doors would I make normal size so as they should be... Look at the real truck... The doors are going down to the mudgards... There is no reason to remain 2 lower liftarms attached to the cabin...

That's not criticism... that's just my opinion... we are today in days of Arocs which set the standard very high...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Thanks for the positive feedback; and thanks to the moderator for the subject change (I noticed that this can not be done afterwards myself).

I will try to answer the questions.

First, the photoshoot is indeed the new A1 highway at Weesp/Muiden. This time easily to access without climbing over fences. :blush:

Yes, there will be BI's available within a couple of weeks. All MLcad work is done and finished, now creating the whole workbook for the BI's.

I modified the first post and added pictures; not much, as all the photo's will be on my website soon.

Number of unused parts is <300 (I guess something in the 290's).

The first rear tyres has double wheels and has the differential of course. The last rear tyres are single and steered.

Regarding the doors, they do indeed in real life stop above the mudguards. However, as I have the mini-LA's already hidden behind the steps it is quite challenging to have the doors extended downwards. Another challenge will be the sturdiness of the cabin as this is realized with the black beams. Anyhow, I did not really tried to design it that way, I think I will give it a try next time I design a truck. I do agree that the standards are high today for MOC's, and there is nothing wrong to push each ones to the limits. So, point taken. :wink:

Btw: this MOC will be on display during the LEGOworld2015 edition in Utrecht / Netherlands.

Edited by designer-han

Amazing work. Even if this was just a MOC built without limiting constraints, I'd say well done. The fact it's C model to the crane makes the result absolutely fantastic!

This is awesome alternative model. I like its functionality and design. Number of used parts is also admirable. I'm just little bit disappointed that you haven't used PF parts (motor and battery box).

Let me explain the PF parts being unused.

I really did this on purpose as my kids do struggle all the time with the switch direction of the battery box (uhh, daddy, was it the switch left for lifting the crane or was it right... Yeah, son, are you in front of the battery box or at the rear side, because that depends on the direction). :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And, myself I like the manual operation much better then all the PF powering as well.

Btw: I did (one evening) tried to have the crane functions powered by the PF with routing the both functions thru the turntable, but not success as the mounting body of the crane came out too high...

Sorry.... :laugh:

Nice job. Looks good and playable as is. I guess someone without children can try to make a PF version. :laugh:

Very good model!!! Sometimes ours model are best than original Lego alternative model (Sorry for my english), B model of 42009 is great according to me but yours is too! I guess you have not building instructions, don't you?

Very good model!!! Sometimes ours model are best than original Lego alternative model (Sorry for my english), B model of 42009 is great according to me but yours is too! I guess you have not building instructions, don't you?

Thanks for the compliment. Building instructions available on my website since yesterday... So you can build the model yourself as well.

Ps: on my website more photos and explanations can be found.

Edited by designer-han