shmails

[Challenge 2][Cat B] OTC Moby Dick

This is my entry into Category B of Challenge #2

OTC Moby Dick

21011575995_5dda009804_c.jpg

This is a heavily armored transport carrier. It has been designed to carry anything from troops to land vehicles to small space fighter. During times of peace it can be easily converted into a cargo transporter able to penetrate the most hostile parts of space to get supplies to corporation employees. The upper portion holds a pilot, navigator/co pilot, four gunners, and one engineer.

20823496420_70f32eb054_c.jpg

20824773349_f197777c6b_c.jpg

21001691132_59b3d131ee_z.jpg

20823504250_bf313b42f8_z.jpg

20985338536_c68f4b8ee0_z.jpg

20824772399_67992a3b7a_z.jpg

Notes: The front and back door fold down to create an airstrip for fighter to land on. The gun turrets rotate side to side and up and down. There are retractable landing gear on the underside, but the ship is too heavy for them to properly hold up the ship, so I left out the pictures of them.

More, larger photos here: https://www.flickr.c...157657946336552

Enjoy!

Very smooth lines on that hulking behemoth! Love how the fighter bay is nicely integrated to the `upper body`

Very neat idea Shmails, I like how smooth this looks! The Octan logo is great, and so is the wing shape! :thumbup:

Excellent ship shmails, the way ship just melts into the cargo bay is very cool! Lovely color-scheme as well ( :wink: ), and the engines and logos on the opening doors are fantastic! My only nitpick would be that I think the front would look better if the cockpit on top sloped back in over the door, but I see how that could be a huge pain! :grin: Great job once again!

Thanks so much for all the comments everyone! This was a struggle for me, I am not much a ship builder and I stumbled a bunch. I wish I had time to do the interior, I am very impressed that so many people got that far!

Great exterior, very clean and composed look. I would say that having a detailed interior would have made this build a serious contender in the contest. I'd still like to see it though, so you should do it when you have time!

Awesome ship - an interior would finish it off though, even if it were just some simple greebles/clamps to hold cargo in place and a claw/docking thing for the smller ship to attach to.