Sign in to follow this  
sam89

Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban

Just got back from seeing this and it was a great film, better than the other two.

Now this isn't going to be a very long review beacuse I'm not very good at reviewing. The film starts with Harry Potter accidentally 'blowing up' Aunt Marge like a big balloon, which is very funny. Harry then gets picked up by the Knight Bus (the big purple bus), but I wont reveal much more of the story.

The Dementors were very good, and very scary (well, scary for little kids). This film is far darker than the other two, wich makes it better IMO. The story starts to get very clever at the end.

One annoying thing for me though was a woman behind me who laughed at anything that was even remotely funny (and some things that weren't even funny or suposed to be funny), really really loudly, she was the most annoying person who I have ever been in the cinema with! But this hasn't got anything to do with the film, so I'll shut up.

Overall, a very good film - 8/10

Thx ! I wasn't sure it was a good idea to see it, but now with your advice, i'll go next week end (in France, movies are all out the same day : wednesday)

Well I hope I will enjoy it as much as the second one :)

I wasn't sure it was a good idea to see it, but now with your advice, i'll go next week end

Let's hope I don't disapoint you then! :lol:

it starts here at the third june... and i want to see it, cause i loved the two previous movies so much... i never read the books, but the movies got this sweet atmosphere... somehow harry potter movies are very good at a nice, comfortably evening at the living room, with chips (no, NOT pommes frites... *searching right word*... crackers`?!? i'm not sure... in germany they are called CHIPS) and a nice wine.... :D

Thanks for the review Sam!

I have read all the books and I must say that out of the 5 I think this is my favourite. I plan to see it on friday and from the trailers I have seen it looks great!

Jon.

Pommes frites, muahahaha, this word is making laugh every time. We are also using the chips for chips here.

If I remember correctly crisps is the word for the UK who are always doing things differently from others.

Chips is chips in the us, which is easier ;)

Yes, we like to be differnt!! Crisps, not chips!!!

Jon.

I hope to get the soundtrack, ill make an rewiew here :)

Just saw this last night. I will try to review it without giving too much away.

I liked the film overall, the directing was much better and it was (as Sam said) much darker, and better in my opinion, than the first 2.

The plot worked well and the acting was much better but the thing that really annoyed me was that they missed too much out of the book. They may have been just small details that don't really move the plot on but as I have read all the books and with this being my favourite, I think it would have worked much better, for me anyway. Another thing that confused me is that Hagrids hut and the whomping willow seemed to have moved location from the first 2 films. Did anybody else who's seen it realise that?

I loved the knight bus scene and the little comedy bits between Ron and Hermione. But that ending was... (n) Is that the best they could do?

Filming for the next one, The Goblet of Fire, starts in July so it will be a couple of years. I can't wait though!!

Jon.

Another thing that confused me is that Hagrids hut and the whomping willow seemed to have moved location from the first 2 films. Did anybody else who's seen it realise that?

Yes, that was slightly weird. I guess they though it just worked better in the scenes to have them in their new places. For instance (without give to much away), when the 'Buckbeak bit' happened, it worked better for them to be able to run up a hill afterwards than to just run across a field, if you know what I mean (which you probably don't :P ). But it was still a little weird <_<

But that ending was...  (n)  Is that the best they could do?

IMO it wasn't that bad, although it was a little cheesy.

Still, great film though :D

For instance (without give to much away), when the 'Buckbeak bit' happened, it worked better for them to be able to run up a hill afterwards than to just run across a field, if you know what I mean (which you probably don't :P ). But it was still a little weird <_<

Yes I understand you :D I guess it makes more sense but I still am unsure why they had to change it.

And I agree that it was a great film, but it could have been better.

Jon.

so, i saw it, here are my two cents:

very good movie, i totally agree that its much darker than the first ones...

the dementors were so cool, first i thought "oh, nazgul!", but after a few seconds you can see that they tried to make them looking different and they made it good.... yes, they ARE scary... ;)

i realised the hut-thing too.... but all the terrain around hogwards looks a little bit more detailed and more realistic, they made a real landscape (in the previous movies i had the impressions that hogwards was somehow "out of space")... i hope, they won't change the surrounding in the next movies anymore....

oh and the bus drive.... yeah, it was sooo funny!!! one of the best scenes of the whole film.... :D

the last minutes were a little bit complex and somehow confusing, especially for the younger audience... but maybe i thought this because i drunk some beer before entering the cinema... ;)