Hi guys, girls and kids :)

I'm new on this forum and new to Lego Technic although i played a lot with lego bricks when child.

Last week I bought my very firs Technic kit and chose the 9398 4x4 Crawler which has Power Functions and RC.

After three days I ended the model and played with that 5 minutes than I made it apart to start something mine.

I wanted an airplane, and I love bush planes, those with big tires that can land on every surface. As my kit contains off-road tires, that was a good start. :)

And in two days and a lot of tries and retries I ended up with this.

post-143993-0-58046000-1440864295_thumb.jpg

Here's the video link (don't know how to embed)

It is inspired to the Piper Cub.

I know, tires are to big and wings to small and maybe many other imperfections, but that's absolutely my first construction with no instructions, only fantasy and brain work. I succeeded in hiding everything inside: battery pack, IR receiver and motor.

I'm very happy with the result, and maybe one of those next day I'll try to give it an engine for the wheels, although I'm reluctant to take it apart as I'm sure I'll not be able to remake it as now.

I hope you like it. :)

Bye

K

Every comment is welcome.

Any suggestion to make fast instructions?

Thank you

Edited by Flying-K

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Wow! Never though that somebody will build a plane out of that crawler! :thumbup:

Tip : for the video embedding remove the "s" from https in your video link changing that to the http protocol or embedding the youtube video.

Fast instructions?Let me think

EDIT: Try filming the dissasembling and then use the free Time Reversal 2 program for PC for reversing the dissasembly and changing it to the assembly.

Or make photos of the dissasembly and then create a PDF file with photos .

Another option is using LDD or any other 3d tool for virtual building.The LDD is normally the easiest way for me to create instructions for not too complicated models.(note: in LDD the l-motors is not present so you will need to search for brick-built models of it in LDD and then add them to templates.Found it: http://www.brickshel...rvo_lmotors.lxf

Edited by LXF

Hi LXF,

thank you for you answer and suggestions!! :)

I'll have a look to LDD.

What about the building itself? What could I improve or it's not nice to see?

Thank you!!

K

Well, for me the overall look is cool, for the pieces that set has.

As you said you should power the wheels with the second l-motor and maybe using the servo for rotating the rear wheel and that way get a " working " plane.If there is space for that:) I think that you should use a differential on the front axle if you make the modifications I said before.

Hi,

after spending many hours in trying motorizing this plane's wheels, I realized that the model was to heavy, so it was moving only a few cm and then gears where suffering. Maybe I should use two motors, but there was really no more space.

I had a new project in my mind for a Hot Rod, so I made a video and some pics before dismantling.

Here's the video

Now uploading photos, will link them later.

Ahh now I see...

Thanks for the detailed photos in the video , I am sure that somebody who has the crawler can build it thanks to them :thumbup:

(Love hotrods!) :grin:

Edited by LXF

Thanks they will help a lot!

Actual stage( LDD is very sensitive to collisions so the rear part can not connect properly:(((((

640x334.jpg

LXF I can't believe what a good job are you doing and how many hours are you spending on it.

I know, the rear part is a little tricky as all parts are slope. I made it only to cover the battery pack. :/

Thanks, but all the merit is your , making that awesome model !

Today will finish the plane :wink:UPDATE: only need to make the wings and LDD model is finished!

640x334.jpg

UPDATE:640x334.jpg

Edited by LXF

Finished the plane in LDD!!!

640x334.jpg

Still not being able to connect the rear part but everything is in the LDD file. http://bricksafe.com... club plane.lxf

Html istructions created with LDD come soon. Here it goes: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing doesn't works correctly

Bricksafe: http://bricksafe.com...r-club-airplane

Edited by LXF

Hi LXF, I'm now in Swiss for vacations till Monday, but I'm watching again and again your incredible drawing.

I like it very much!

Sorry that's not possible to close it, but I promise no Lego piece has been harmed during the building ;)

Thank you LXF!! Really appreciate you nice job

Hi LXF, I'm now in Swiss for vacations till Monday, but I'm watching again and again your incredible drawing.

I like it very much!

Sorry that's not possible to close it, but I promise no Lego piece has been harmed during the building ;)

Thank you LXF!! Really appreciate you nice job

Thanks! Your build is very clever in the front part , when I saw the images I didn't realised how was connected the l-motor , but then - connectors,pins more conectors.

I didn't connected the wheels and the support axles because my Acer Aspire is very slow when too many parts are in the same building. :sceptic:

althought it's not connected / closed in the rear part, I'm impressed how good you did it, and really appreciate that!!!

Thank you!!