Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

HSS/TRADE- Drondil's horses

Next to the city of Drondil, at the eastern side of the river, one can find the famous breeders of the even more famous Drond's stocks.

The stables exist of four complexes, each with it's own kind of horses. The first, and most important of them, trains horses exclusively for the Dragon Flight, the Avalonian elite cavalrymen. These horses are renowned troughout Avalonia and the whole of Historica for their agility, strength and speed.

The second complex trains horses for the Avalonian nobles and wealthier merchant classes. These horses aren't bred for their ability in battle, but for their grace and beautifullness.

The third one trains horses for whoever wants to buy them, and has enough money to afford them. These horses need to have a bit of strength, in case they're bought by a mercenary captain or non-Avalonian soldiers, but also a bit of grace, for they who want to boast that they posses a beast of real Drond's bloodline.

The last one trains a separate stock of working horses, who are used to improve the harvest of Drond's Feelds, and get that harvest to it's capital, Drondil.

Here one can see the backside of the second and smaller complex, laying next to the river banks.

20981566541_10f55961c7_k.jpg

The stable-master, Hands, is controlling the health of a horse. Hands has to do the three complexes of Drond's stock at the same time, so he can't do everything at once.

20353025293_830a9e6ce9_k.jpg

Fortunately, he's aided by his grooms.

20353024603_a3d85ce661_k.jpg

Frontside of the stable.

20353027383_09bddbe7dd_k.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

The first floor is removable, for the comfort of the architect.

20947842396_5ef2fdd6ac_k.jpg

This is the first build describing the city of Drondil (Avalonian task 4), but it describes at the same time the Drond's stock, wich i'm using as most important product of my county (Avalonian task 6). I really liked building this one, and i hope you like it too!!! CC very welcome, and you can expect new builds for Drondil soon.

At last, i need to thank Beorthan (again) for his willing aide and patience with me, and a person (that person knows it is he i'm talking about) for enduring my Lego-mania. Thank you!!!

Titus

Edited by TitusV

Very nice stable! Good work with the ground texture, and several neat details like the saddle holders! :thumbup: Your building skills are improving, keep it up!

Everything is improving. The photography is clearer, you used a nice water technique and the stable looks good.

Very cool stables, I like the fence design and stalls :thumbup: The dense foliage next to the riverbank looks good too :classic:

Great build - it has a really nice overall composition and there is nowhere where it seems unfinished. The tudor style of the upper floor is excellent, and I really like the roof!

The story and idea of horses as a main trade for a county is nice too, and I think Drondil is shaping up to be a very nice city!

My only critisism is the photos - some of them are a little out of focus, and I would personally recommend a stand/tripod for your camera. (It has helped me a lot! :wink: )

Further, most photo programs allow for basic editing. I use "Photos" in windows to crop unnecessary parts away and adjust colour. :classic:

And thank you for your mention - you are always welcome to ask - I am happy to help my neighbouring county! :grin:

Nice build overall and great backstory!

Minor nitpicks are that the interior floor would have looked better without studs and that there are some white visible in the corners which looks a bit out of place.

Edited by Gideon