Sign in to follow this  
Takkata

[LEGO Ideas] Skull Island - Skara Kikos

20323951863_6a88584050_z.jpg

"They told me there would be skulls! Geez, what a misplaced name.."

A LEGO Pirates Island. What better place to dock your pirate ship than an tropical Island? Islands always seem to have a fantastic history behind them, it provides a real sense of adventure!

The set, unlike many traditional LEGO Pirate sets, would be focused more around the island itself, landscaping would take priority over manmade structures and boats.

native

native

Note: This project has expired and voting is no longer available. Visit the LEGO Ideas page for more details.

Skull Island - Skara Kikos by Grant Davis, on Flickr

So great. The cave shapes and those brick-built trees are fantastic. Nice application of greenery overall, too. My only criticism is that, even with the build video, I wish you had more pictures posted of these creations so we could take in the details more closely! pirate_satisfied.gif

... That everything. Sorry, no constructive criticism here, since every emphatic praise of one great feature would mean to disregard those I didn't mention...

pirate_wubnew.gif

Brick on!

It's an eye-catching masterpiece, worth the time. And it's even difficult to choose which part of it is the best. I like the playability of your creation and that you combined a few different ideas in one set. Please compare yours to my Pirate battle island and Soldier's Arsenal. Perhaps we can exchange building techniques because I admire some of your ideas.

Way nice! I like the cave. I would've died for a set like this as a kid. Playability would have been excellent

The coloration of the water w/ the layered tiles is spot on...also digging the carved look of the bilateral stone carvings.

This is insanely good. The gates, beach, and water is just fantastic. The skull is amazing. I love how you made it look rocky and realistic and didn't just build an actual skull. Outstanding work!

Gorgeous! The brick-build skull island sets (Skull Island, Volcano Island, Treasure Island) have always been my favorite pirate sets. Wonderful work :D

Amazing, I am loving the skull's teeth in the water... very scary looking! And the water... and the foliage... all so good! One day I will have enough grey bricks to attempt this.

The teeth of the skull in the water are great. Now i'm curious what is in the cave :-(

My thoughts exactly, something must be lurking in one of those caves...

More pics please!!!