Sign in to follow this  
1963maniac

MLCad: Part count in BOM are wrong

I finally got the parts list correct in MLCAD and saved it. I opened the saved file in LPUB, created the "BOM" first and the part counts are different (wrong). I am using LPUB 4.0.0.11 & MLCAD 3.4. I'm having a tough time. When I make the MPD of course it's wrong too. I'm using 3 files to make the MPD. The file with buffer exchanges and arrows and ghosting is where the problem lies. The two other files involved in the MPD do not have any special editing features at all. I have worked at this first attempt for a long time. I cannot figure out why the part counts change from one software to the other. I'm so close to being done but just can' finish it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to email it privately through this website or another. I tried to copy/paste the ldr file (unsuccessfully) on Mocpages and bricksafe.

Bricksafe or brickshelf should be perfectly suitable for this.

What was the problem, exactly?

The issue is that the MLCAD parts list does not match the LPUB bill of materials. MLCAD is correct. How can the BOM be corrected for the building instructions.

I'm pretty sure there's an "ignore" meta command you can use. I sent you a private message with my email address, so if you can email me the model, I can take a look.

The issue is that the MLCAD parts list does not match the LPUB bill of materials.

I mean, what's the problem you encountered when you tried to share the file?

LPUB sometimes has issues with counting parts when a BUFFEREXCHG is at the end of a .ldr file. You should avoid this. Over in the LDRAW forum there is a thread going on where LPUB is getting a long awaited overhaul.

The file itself would really help.

The position where the count fails should also be visible as the number of parts in the PLI will be wrong as well.

Upload the file to dropbox or similar and share the link via PM