Sign in to follow this  
eurotrash

MOC: Twelve Mile Reef Cafe

Twelve Mile Reef Cafe

I had this idea of a floating, run down Cafe built from recycled Military containers that offered bad food at terrible prices and here's the result. It's my Twelve Mile Reef Cafe.

20905111081_03d5331637_c.jpg

The Cafe is crewed by a motley bunch of lowlifes who live in the floating quarters. (this was inspired by a 1960's British Caravan). The front end of the caravan is built upside down and held in place by bricks with clips/handles.

20799609585_13a6b2e787_c.jpg

Here's details of the logo. I'd actually run out of yellow 1x1 plates at this point and picked up a 1x1 with clip as a temporary fix. Then I added the frying pan. I like it and I think it works well.

20694116060_d62c991475_c.jpg

Both the roof and the walls are easily detachable. Here's the Galley kitchen and storage area. I'd run out of 1x1 DrkTan tiles so I used a 1x1 stud to cover the hole. Then I used a Cookie to cover the stud. It seems like a lot of effort to make it look right, but I think the real message here is not to eat the Cookies.

20888137372_91c4840b0f_c.jpg

Here's the Dining area and Bathroom.

20711063569_64cf23d52c_c.jpg

It appears the last customer left without even eating his hamburger. I can't blame him.

One final shot.

20871549946_eae104aa98_c.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Comments, criticism and ridicule most welcome!

Great build! Quite atmospheric even without being built in a 'setting' - I can imagine it in a swap or dodgy end of a palm beach quite easily! The colours work really well too.

This is one of my favorite builds I've seen on Eurobricks. Please post this on Lego IDEAS. You'd think the swamp police line could use some establishments for the crooks to rob!

Nice. Where would such a cafe be located?

Fish eyeballs aren't that bad, they have a chewy center.

Hopefully the fish will be fresh. :classsic:

Quite charming. Like the roof especially. Those torsos hanging from the boat are a bit scary though.

Torsos? It's laundry day and they're taking advantage of the breeze..... :laugh:

Thanks for all the comments.

... that offered bad food at terrible prices ...

Won't be eating here anytime soon, but a great build! Love the sign, and I'm impressed with the amount of detailed you squeezed into that small space.

Another great build.

The reason you are one of my favourite builders is your originality and clever use of bricks ,this is no exception.

The tyres on the chains where boats would moor is the detail i like the most.

This reminds me of a cafe i went to in Phang Nga Bay

Torsos? It's laundry day and they're taking advantage of the breeze..... :laugh:

Thanks for all the comments.

:grin: That makes more sense. If I ever build a horror moc I'll be using that technique. It really stuck in my mind. That's the best thing about viewing mocs, sometimes it gives you ideas or you see a technique where you think "Well that's new."

This is just cool. You used some interesting pieces as roof and windows. The result speaks for itself. I love your cafe sign, too.

O man, I really want to ridicule on this. But I can't. I think I'm in love. Original idea, original use of bricks and colors, can't fault it. My city needs one of these!

The cafe would look equally at home in space if you added an airlock - well done with the unusual windows and roofing! Also, your tugboat/houseboat works well both on its own and with the cafe. Bravo!