Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

War Has Returned

"First whispers..then a call to action by Lord Vladivus..and yet the council did nothing..and now this.."

Gal Turok thought as he and Nidhak trekked through the dank mud of the swamps. A few days ago, a carrion bird informed Gal Turok of a massacre of an obscure tribe in a remote corner of his domain. After what seemed like an eternity, Nidhak finally broke the silence.

"What new hell is this? I don't remember our campaigns taking us this far into the swamp before.."

Gal Turok responded monotonously.

"These are the lands of the Nikrit, the Nyx Glades. You don't remember coming here because this land was invaded by my predecessor long before you or I were a gleam in our fathers' eyes. He came to this land seeking an outlet to the greater Moruth Swamps from the mountain slopes, and while he invaded, it ultimately ended in a draw. The Nikrit, while primitive, even amongst the tribes of Nocturnus, were fierce warriors and they knew this land well. The only reason it ended in a draw was due to the fact of the numbers of the Imperial Horde. If it wasn't for them, his campaign would've been counted as a failure. Ultimately a truce was drawn. The Nikrit were given autonomy, so longed as they pledged service to the empire, and served in the legions as needed. It was also a condition that Goblin kind would defend this domain against greater threats, and that no Goblin would enter here without permission."

20875187202_ea17589967_c.jpg

"So aren't we breaking that part of the truce now?"

Gal Turok-"If what the carrion bird said was true, then they are all dead, so how can they give permission.."

Nidhak chuckled and looked up.."What strange trees these are."

Gal-Turok-"They are not trees, they are fungi, and most of them are poisonous so you would do well not to touch them. The Nikrit have adapted to life here, we have not, and further more.."

Gal-Turok stopped speaking at that moment, as they had stumbled upon a small outpost littered with dead and dismembered Nikrits. The words of the carrion bird were true. In the distance, Gal-Turok saw more bodies, but he quickly turned his attention to the spike in front of him. A Nikrit warrior infront of him had been lifted up and plunged onto a spear, it's body weight supported by the thick mud.

20884863275_d1f9b5bb94_c.jpg

Nidhak-"That's something different...I wonder how he got him up there?"

Gal-Turok ignored the sarcastic comment, and lingered in thought for a moment. He knew what this meant...The forces of Raavage the Usurper had renewed their campaign to subjugate all of the East. If he had managed to the decimate such a secretive tribe within a deadly conclave, it meant two things: That his influence has spread far, and his armies had grown in number. The first wave saw the fall of Abyssian and the death of the Serpent Supreme Lord of the Nocturnus. This next campaign may see the death of us all. Even united, the Lords of the East would be hard pressed to turned the tide. Gal-Turok, as well as Osiric, did not participate in the first defense of Nocturnus, as they were busy fighting their own wars. Now THIS would be everyones' war.

Gal-Turok-"We're done here, I've seen all i needed to see. When we get back to The Reach, send word to Skavenport and Shadowmere, they will not have to face this threat alone. In some 5 centuries, Goblin kind has not interfered in an outsider event, but now that must change."

Nidhak-"What if the council goes against you? What if they refuse to honor this change?"

20884862725_4afdab04ba_c.jpg

Gal-Turok-"If we do not, we won't be around to debate the issue. Whether they like it or not, war has returned, and it's going to take every Lord in the Darklands to take on this threat.."

So this is my first contribution to the Nocturnus collab between myself, Vlad, Jorrith, ME and Jacob. I'm not really a story writer, but I hope you guys have enjoyed the build and the write up. Comments/Criticisms are always appreciated.

Also here is the inspirational pic for this build. Credit to whoever drew this-

deeper_into_the_swamp_by_aspeckofdust-d4y961n.jpg

Edited by Blufiji

Wow, what an amazing build! It's great how you have taken the picture and turnend it into reality. I would have never thought that this would be possible!

Awesome landscape! You have really matched this exotic annd surreal touch of Nocturnus that makes the East so interesting. I really have to catch up and start building again.

Damn. Way to set the bar! I immediately thought of that picture (it's in the Nocty thread right?) when I saw this build. Those fungi are awesome, I love how there's a variety, but a consistency with colours! Great job!

Excellent build and story Blufiji, those giant 'shrooms are great, and fantastic job with the rest of the landscaping as well! The dark green water looks very nice here, and those trans-pink and purple pieces are incorporated very well, great job all around! Looking forward to the next civil war in Nocty!

Fantastic build Blufiji! The first thing that came to mind was the Zangarmarsh region in world of warcraft, and reading on, it reminded me of Nausicaä.. (oh i'm such a geek :grin: ) Great story, you did awesome on that, just like the build itself! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for the feedback and I'm glad you all enjoyed it! Definitely looking forward to what my fellow collaborators bring to the table as the story line returns to Nocturnus.

Fantastic build Blufiji! The first thing that came to mind was the Zangarmarsh region in world of warcraft, and reading on, it reminded me of Nausicaä.. (oh i'm such a geek :grin: ) Great story, you did awesome on that, just like the build itself! :thumbup:

No shame in being a geek haha!

Damn. Way to set the bar! I immediately thought of that picture (it's in the Nocty thread right?) when I saw this build. Those fungi are awesome, I love how there's a variety, but a consistency with colours! Great job!

If it's not in there it definitely should be. I think it fits our guild perfectly. I really did try to follow the reference picture on this one to the best of my abilities, and I like how it came out. I'm glad you enjoyed the fungus!

You are once again displaying that the beauty of Nocuturnus (and the capability's of it's members :wink:) is unmatched :grin:! Awe-inspiring build Blufiji, just wonderful :thumbup:

Edited by Exetrius

The resistance grows stronger - With Gal-Turok's forces added, there may still be hope!

This is a wonderful depiction of the swamplands and a very welcome addition to the landscapes of Nocturnus. The different fungi are great, and they all display some very interesting parts usage - but the best part is the overall atmosphere of the scene! :thumbup:

Further, the story is very well written, and you have fleshed out the tribe of Nikrit very well! :thumbup:

***SNIP***

The first wave saw the fall of Abyssian and the death of the Serpent Supreme Lord of the Nocturnus. This next campaign may see the death of us all.

***SNIP***

Wait, I must have missed something - did Sslyrrith get killed and Abyssian fall? I thought he was still holed up there :cry_sad:

(I joined after book I, so most possibly, I simply missed this part... :tongue: )

Wonderful mushroom designs, you definitely nailed that fantasy atmosphere :thumbup: The dark green works well for the swamp too :classic:

The resistance grows stronger - With Gal-Turok's forces added, there may still be hope!

This is a wonderful depiction of the swamplands and a very welcome addition to the landscapes of Nocturnus. The different fungi are great, and they all display some very interesting parts usage - but the best part is the overall atmosphere of the scene! :thumbup:

Further, the story is very well written, and you have fleshed out the tribe of Nikrit very well! :thumbup:

Wait, I must have missed something - did Sslyrrith get killed and Abyssian fall? I thought he was still holed up there :cry_sad:

(I joined after book I, so most possibly, I simply missed this part... :tongue: )

If you go to the Guild Page, you'll see the snake lord's head on a spike hahaha! We must avenge him!

You are once again displaying that the beauty of Nocuturnus (and the capability's of it's members :wink:) is unmatched :grin:! Awe-inspiring build Blufiji, just wonderful :thumbup:

We are all in this together..hail Nocturnus!!!!

Thank you Andrew, Titus and SC for your feedback!

Edited by Blufiji

If you go to the Guild Page, you'll see the snake lord's head on a spike hahaha! We must avenge him!

Anyone who can graze me with a link to that specific post - I haven't been able to find that head on a spike anywhere! :sick:

Anyone who can graze me with a link to that specific post - I haven't been able to find that head on a spike anywhere! :sick:

Ooops I told you wrong, that was just some random poor soul. Ok so he is holed up somewhere in the swamps. Apologies...

Ooops I told you wrong, that was just some random poor soul. Ok so he is holed up somewhere in the swamps. Apologies...

You are forgiven, sir! :wink:

And yay - the Snake still lives on to fight another day! :devil: