Kevin W

[MOC] Battle of Endor

Hello together,

I have built this Diorama for the Legoland Star Wars Days 2015 in Germany. It was issued there. 6 months I have built on it.

There were already many Endor Dioramas and in the beginning I have concidered wether I should still build this. But in the most there was only the bunker or the landingplattform to see. I have built both and the shield generator. ;)

Here are the photos... (when you want to see bigger photos simply click the Picture)

19231021189_6404d3f5a4_b.jpg

18767623643_679f96a54f_z.jpg 19351573436_4955e130a1_z.jpg

18708947954_dbf89745f6_z.jpg 19144040188_b6e6e1cdc3_z.jpg

18708947834_e696c59e1f_z.jpg 18708947904_22636e13d0_z.jpg

18439648524_586796c741_z.jpg 18874050960_b2997256ac_z.jpg

18440595513_8cf15f01b5_z.jpg 18409260593_3117c973ab_z.jpg

gallery_6163_6276_100405.jpg

I hope you like it. ;)

-Kevin W.

Edited by Kevin W
Please keep image sizes under the maximum allowed size, specified in the site guidelines as 1024x768 (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18718)

Hi Kevin W, and welcome to Eurobricks!

This is a truly amazing build, it's just a shame about the ewoks! :wink: It was really interesting to see the WIP photos when BEAVeR blogged it back in July, and I don't doubt that it's taken you 6 months to build it. Both the dish and landing platform are stunning and create a perfect backdrop for the UCS Shuttle. I'm also really impressed how you managed to create such a circular dish, considering that it's LEGO! Have you got any plans to expand it? My only suggestion would be to add some additional bulk to the trees, as they look a little undersized compared to those in the film

Cheers, Robin

This is absolutely stunning! The level of foliage and the scale of everything is awesome. I wish I had this many minifigs.

I can't imagine the amount of work that went into this! Even just placing the vegetation pieces. The overal impression is good, just those trees seem a bit sparse, thought I can understand you wanted them to be easy see through. Perhaps some more complex branching or dirfferent placement of these leaf pieces (tilted/rotated) could make them look better. Anyway, huge compliment for completing such wonderful creation!

It's a shield generator not a radar dish

/pedantic

Otherwise this looks amazing!

Edited by TheRacker

Out freaking standing! Looks awesome, although I agree with Brick Doctors assessment.

Looks like there were a few large scale MOCs there, any pictures of those as well?

Edited by ISDAvenger

Now this is my type of diorama, awesome. You are a man after my own heart. I have been considering an Endor scene of this magnitude, myself. In fact, I probably have the same amounts of minifigures, vehicles, and pieces, but alas, I have not done anything even close to what you have, with them. So, congratulations on an awesome dio.

Thnks for all your comments!

@Lobot, sorry the shield generator doesn't exist any more. Maby I find some photos from the backside.

Is the Imperial Shuttle in the picture is the same one like the UCS Imperial Shuttle set?

Anyway,outstanding build and I hope that you have a happy time here. (Sorry for my poor English)

Wow! This is a fun MOC to look at. Very well done, and quite a bit attention to detail. I love how big it is; I especially like the landing pad.

Do you just build this as you go, or do you have an overall design you work from?

3 weeks ago I have issued my Moc on the Noris Force Con (N4C) in Nuremberg, Germany. Timothy Zahn (author of the Thrawn-Trilogy) has liked it. :D

21279606030_516693d015_c.jpg

And this is one of the last pictures of my Endor-Diorama. In the last two weeks my dad and I have disassembled it.

Edited by Kevin W