gavralcraw

[MOC] Rebels - Wolf - Modified and Tagged Tie Fighter

This goes to show how good TIEs look when their panels are customised.

Imagine a whole fleet of stolen TIEs with green, purple, red, etc. colored wings, as well as some with brick-built drawings.

With that being said, I've never seen a TIE like this, and am surprised by how much I like it when I look at it.

Nice job with the yellow and orange as well as the non-color-related modifications.

You've made me consider customising my own 9492 :grin:

You did a great job of recreating the patterns in LEGO. I've always loved the look of this TIE, great to see a LEGO version.

Oh, I like that. If I get hold of the TIE I might even try it. TIES are a nice little ship to customise without looking too busy.

I Love it, because you didn't only change some pieces on the official Lego Tie, but you have created a better cockpit instead. This is a really nice job.

Any Rebels minifigure to fly it ?

Very cool. I'm still hoping that we'll see this as a set, although that hope is gradually fading...

Depends if they re use this ship in later episodes. Maybe, maybe not. Fingers crossed.

The design uses the old 9492 wings (probably the best set to own and MOD) and the new tie advanced cockpit. The new force awakens tie has smaller wings which would suit better, but the grey wing bars look better i think. At least on the outside. Mainly used bright light orange and dark orange - dark red would be better given people refer to dark orange as POOorange. The yellow dishes on the back are rare.

Looks great!

Thanks man!

Looking at this it reminds me of the "Family Guy" with the TIE joke in their "special episode".

Thai fighters?!

Is there an LDD of this?

Not really. Some detailed pictures here.

23151925924_92a651b34b_k.jpgtie wing by Gav*, on Flickr

23753968156_9c1ec6edb9_k.jpgtie wing by Gav*, on Flickr

It's the 9492 tie wings with an interior layer of coloured bricks within. As noted above the body is similar to the 75082 advanced tie in overall dimensions and structure. The wing arms are axle based.

Edited by gavralcraw