Sign in to follow this  
Halhi 141

Husbandry Challenge - Mystic Isle

20865148841_a38acdb7a5_c.jpg

20848323002_0bc32edc50_c.jpg

In times of famine and food shortages, most Avalonians stayed in Avalonia, peacefully tilling their fields, harvesting crops, or hunting animals.

Gremlon and Elisa, however, decided to deal with the food shortages in a different way. As such, they went to a small isle in Nocturnus...

20235323814_8ae73d1db6_c.jpg

...to raid the homes of the evil Nocturnians to get food for the more-deserving Avalonians!

I decided to take a bit of a different approach to the challenge, as you can see :classic:. Note that though I'm an Avalonian, this MOC is set in Nocturnus - hence the colors and fairly dark overall look.

20669886880_ae32680dc1_c.jpg

20669942198_014384bc59_c.jpg

20865030101_13092f5d02_c.jpg

Thanks for viewing! You can see more pics in the flickr album.

Very nice build, that rock work is excellent, the unusual coloured ground looks cool and the house itself is superb! However, I think it does not a good entry at all, because the whole build has four food parts and zero builds representing food or whatever related to the challenge. Great build nonetheless :thumbup:

Very nice build, that rock work is excellent, the unusual coloured ground looks cool and the house itself is superb! However, I think it does not a good entry at all, because the whole build has four food parts and zero builds representing food or whatever related to the challenge. Great build nonetheless :thumbup:

Thanks! Well, the challenge said that you could show your character procuring food somehow; stealing all the food from houses in Nocturnus works from what I could see, even if it may not be the most conventional approach to the challenge :classic:

Great build, but maybe the water can have a bit of blue

Thanks! I decided to go with clear water since I thought blue would look odd next to the blue of the landscape. With the lighting, the clear water has a slight yellowish tint, which I thought looked nice and appropriate for Nocturnus.

Edited by Halhi 141

Very nice build and interesting concept ( :laugh:), Halhi, fantastic job on the angles on the walls and roof! Excellent rock-work and landscaping as well, and neat little dock in the corner! :thumbup:

What a wonderful take on the challenge! Both the landscaping and the building is brilliant and full of great techniques. :thumbup: (Although I wonder how stable that bridge technique is :wacko: )

It is a very "alternative" way to procure foods, and I sure hope the inhabitants are not of the darkest kinds of Nocturnus, should they find out they are being robbed! :tongue:

Gorgeous build! The dock and stairs leading to the house are a great touch, and I like the window design you used here, it makes good use of those common dark brown slopes :thumbup:

The blue in the landscape looks lovely as well :classic:

Nice work! The rockwork, all the greebles in the house and of course the unusual choice of colours (we already saw them in a lot of DC's builds, but it still looks good) make this a great build.

Unexpected entry, but very nice!

I like the windows in the stone wall a lot :classic:

I really like that blue in the landscaping :) Great house also mate...!