Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: Conclusion

I've started writing down some feedback and thoughts on each player. I haven't quite gotten around to doing everyone yet, so I'll add the rest of the players in later when I get more time and when I refresh my memory a little (the game started almost 3 months ago after all!). I'll post the ones I've completed though:

IMG_1971_zps8c1rwjvl.jpg

Brand (Brickelodeon): Loyal - voted out, Day One

Night Action: You are a vigilante. Each night, you may kill one player.

Comments: You were unlucky to receive the dreaded "Day One focus", and were even more unlucky to get stuck with a vote penalty. However, you should always claim if it looks like you're going to be lynched. At that point, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Claiming vig would have forced the town to switch votes, possibly leading to them catching scum instead in the process.Once you revealed you were the vig, you would have become a target for the scum, but you would also be a target for the protector and watcher. Chromeknight claimed blocker early on in the game, and lasted up until the end in spite of it. There's no telling how far you would have gotten. By not indicating that you are a PR, you give non-town a better chance of lying about their roles and getting away with it. As it happened, Pandora was caught killing someone and ended up claiming vig and nearly winning - something that could have been avoided fairly easily.

IMG_1941_zpsjuxxamqg.jpg

Patrekr the Red (Palathadric): Loyal - murdered, Night One

Night Action: None

Comments: Thanks for playing in all three games! It's always good It's clear you enjoy the character, so I was sorry to see you die so early on. I guess you weren't trying to look like you had a PR, but good job somehow making the scum think that! Any time a vanilla dies instead of a PR, it's good news for the town. So nice unintentional sacrifice! :thumbup:

IMG_1950_zpswv3oykp1.jpg

Lambi (TheLazyChicken): Corrupted - murdered, Night One

Night Action: You are a blocker. Each night you may target one player in order to prevent them from using their night action.

Comments: You weren't around long so I can't say much about your gameplay. However, as scum it's usually best to stick to an opinion and follow through on it. Weighing up both sides of the Tammo-Brickelodeon traitor argument and then voting for an inactive player instead made you look too non-committal.

IMG_1955_zpsjbfhlvod.jpg

Jarl Name-Loser (jluck): Corrupted - voted out, Day Two

Night Action: You are the scum killer. Each night, you may kill one player

Comments: I think you did pretty well, but just slipped up by suggesting that Patrekr was the scum kill. It all sort of spiraled out of control from there. I think you were a little too hesitant to accuse Hinckley though. While doing so would have risked getting you into an argument with a very active player, I think it would've helped your case to show that you were working to find scum, and your admission that you feared retaliation from Hinckley made you look like you had something to hide. A true townie shouldn't be afraid to voice their suspicions. It was a smart idea to call for the traitor and create the separate writeboards though, that was a very inventive way to work who was the real traitor and who was stinging you. It's just unlucky the real traitor wasn't around to see your closing posts! The scum should have perhaps considered the possibility that the traitor didn't share your timezone, and kept tabs on when everyone was online and if they would have been around at the end of Day Two.

IMG_1953_zps3spowjx3.jpg

Dagstyrr the Fool (Darkdragon): Loyal - murdered, Night Two

Night Action: None. You are a miller. You will appear as scum when investigated.

Comments: It's hard for me to give you much feedback, since you were so inactive on the first days. You probably could have talked your way out of a lynch though. If it weren't for that writeboard post, you probably would have been tracked doing nothing, and would have lasted pretty long. You probably would have made for a good voice of reason during the later days too, so it's unfortunate you were killed so early. Someone has said this already, but it can be a good idea to claim miller on day one. That way, you can save the investigator from wasting a night on you, and it looks better to claim before you're under pressure. Scum are less likely to claim the role on day one as it locks them into a story early on and makes it risky for them to use a night action afterwards.

IMG_1959_zps3htg2zjx.jpg

Mist (Mencot): Corrupted - voted out, Day Three

Alignment: Corrupted- you have started to suffer from amnesia, and cannot remember who your allies are. As the game progresses, you will need to find your teammates and reunite with them.

Night Action: None.

Comments: You had a tough role to play, being completely in the dark, unable to tell friend from foe. It didn't help that your teammates were trying to frame you the whole time either! You might have had an easier time of things if you were in the same timezone as the rest of the scum, as you probably would have been able to convince them you were the real traitor had you been given a writeboard. Not that that would have helped much though - you probably would have been blocked anyway, then been lynched under the assumption you were a blocked killer. Overall, a very unlucky game for you.

IMG_1958_zpsgjlgtbat.jpg

Lodmund the Dwarf (Lord Duvors): Loyal - voted out, Day Four

Comments: You did a good job pretending to be the traitor. You were probably the most believable of the townies who contacted jluck and you had the scum fooled for a while. Unfortunately, the town got fooled too, and you got screwed over when your writeboard got deleted. At that point, there wasn't much you could do to stop a lynch, but you did pretty well to defend yourself all the same.

IMG_1963_zpscqqswzb0.jpg

Dar (Dragonfire): Corrupted - voted out, Day Five

Night Action: You are the redirector. Each night, you may direct one player to target another player of your choice.

Comments: You posting that deleted comment as "dd" was one of the highlights of the game for me. It was subtle enough to be believable, but blatant enough to be noticed and to sow suspicion. It was funny to see the night actions change after that post, from the town block tracking Darkdragon to killing her. Unfortunately, you fell into the same trap as jluck, speculating a little too accurately about what the scum must've been doing behind the scenes.

IMG_1957_zpsoiosw1in.jpg

Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs): Loyal - murdered, Night Four

Night Action: You are an investigator. Each night, you may target one player in order to discover their alignment.

Comments: You investigated the right people and did well to help set up a fairly trustworthy town block. You stayed in the middle-ground, which is a pretty good place to be as the cop - not appearing too close to the town block, but not appearing unhelpful enough to warrant much suspicion from vanillas and others. Unfortunately, that position seemed to draw the attention of the SK.

IMG_1943_zpsdhfebelz.jpg

Ragnvald the Troll (Ranger of the Forest): Loyal - voted out, Day Six

Comments: You played well for your first game. You were only voted out because you were blocked on a kill-less night, and you were unable to turn it around because you didn't have an important role to claim. Unfortunately, sometimes there's nothing you can do to stop a lynch. This kind of thing has happened to just about every player at some point, so it's nothing to be discouraged by. Unsubstantiated and inescapable lynches are just a part of mafia.

IMG_1965_zpslwaw9nig.jpg

Tarr Egg-Chaser (Tariq j): Loyal - voted out, Day Seven

Night Action: You are a vengeful spirit. If you are lynched, you will gain the ability to kill one other player as you die.

Comments: I'm still not entirely sure why you were voted out, since many of the actions of the caught scum suggested you weren't working with them. I get the impression you were voted out because you were the vengeful spirit more than anything, and the town at that point were just trying to kill anyone unconfirmed in the quickest way possible. I would have liked to see you a little more active, but you played well given that this was your first game, and a rather complicated one at that.

IMG_1952_zpsjatak3ji.jpg

Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave84): Corrupted - voted out, Day Eight

Night Action: You are the godfather. When investigated, you will appear as Loyal. In addition, you have a one-shot conversion ability, which will allow you to convert a vanilla player onto the Corruptedside. This ability may NOT be used on the same night as a kill.

Comments: You seemed to do well at playing the clueless vanilla townie, and did well to last so long. You did the right thing to hold onto the conversion night action, but you were just unlucky that there were so few vanillas remaining at that point. Using the kill wouldn't have got you too far, as there were already too many people in the town block for you to last too long by yourself.

IMG_1939_zpshjj1xw05.jpg

Toki (TrumpetKing): Corrupted - voted out, Day Nine

Night Action: None (Became the killer after being converted)

Comments: You got the short end of the stick, spending most of the game under suspicion as a townie before finally being converted in the scum's final hours. I feel like you might have had a better chance of winning had you voted against Hinckley instead of Piratedave on Day Eight. I can't help but wonder what you would have done in that situation if you were still a townie, since you told me you were suspicious of Hinckley for keeping you around as a scapegoat a couple of times before you were converted. If you're ever converted, I would suggest not to let it affect your game at all, and to remain as consistent as possible.

IMG_1961_zpsffxtml34.jpg

Petrus Fire-Starter (Pandora): Neutral - voted out, Day Eleven

Alignment: Neutral - you are death personified, and will not rest until everyone around you perishes. You will win the game when you equal or outnumber each opposing side.

Night Action: You are a shapeshifting killer. Each night, you may kill one player. In addition, should you kill someone with a night action, you will gain a one-shot use of their power on the following night.

Comments: You were given a couple of strokes of luck this game, but you lasted so long mainly because of your skill as a player. You really made the most of whatever hand you were dealt, but unfortunately, it just wasn't enough to get you over the finishing line. As I said, if the scum had gotten just one more kill, you probably could have won the game. I'm sorry you missed out on the win, but thanks for making the game so interesting!

IMG_1949_zpscame4iik.jpg

Pudding-Head (Hinckley): Loyal - survived!

Night Action: You are a tracker. Each night, you may target one player. You will be able to see who they target that night.

Comments: Good job! I'm pretty sure you managed to guess all of the mechanics at play in this game. Well, I'm assuming you did, given the amount of theories you pumped out over those final days. :wacko::laugh: The only real misstep you made was getting tunnel-vision on CMP after he tried to lead a lynch on youI guess him targeting Trumpetking might have looked a little weird though). I feel like you could do with being unjustly lynched one game just to desensitise you to it. You went after people in this game for weirder reasons than CMP's case against you after all. All in all, I'm glad you managed to survive - both in the game and in real life. :laugh:

IMG_1948_zpsh0ehoodm.jpg

Agnar Skull-Smasher (Adam): Loyal - survived!

Night Action: You are the bomb. If you are killed at night, you will take your killer down with you.

Comments: You had a really solid game. Good initiative pretending to be the traitor and generally making yourself look like a PR and thus a target for the scum. On Night Two the scum came dangerously close to killing you, which would have been disastrous for them (reducing them to one player by the end of Day 4). You seemed to keep a level head throughout the game, and were a good voice of reason for the town to have in the later days. There was a lot of pressure on you on Day Eleven. It was a cool moment when you revealed you lurking for the first half of the day just to see how the argument would play out. Good job choosing the most logical conclusion on Day Eleven and voting for Pandora.

I love when hosts do feedback!! :wub: Are you going to go back and do it for Ragnarok 2? :blush:

Toki (TrumpetKing): Corrupted - voted out, Day Nine

Night Action: None (Became the killer after being converted)

Comments: You got the short end of the stick, spending most of the game under suspicion as a townie before finally being converted in the scum's final hours. I feel like you might have had a better chance of winning had you voted against Hinckley instead of Piratedave on Day Eight. I can't help but wonder what you would have done in that situation if you were still a townie, since you told me you were suspicious of Hinckley for keeping you around as a scapegoat a couple of times before you were converted. If you're ever converted, I would suggest not to let it affect your game at all, and to remain as consistent as possible.

I actually thought the opposite with his Scum play. I thought he had convincingly (because it was real as he was Town at the time) explained his suspicions about me and then fitting in with the logic of the lynch for the day helped keep suspicion off of him. Having been caught being targeted by Scum wasn't going to be good and if he had voted for me I think it would've been too obvious. And then the decision to stay home to avoid detection was also a good bet. If you look at my tunnel vision suspicions before the vote that day, I was hoping people would want to lynch Pie (aka the 7th Scum of Ragnarok 3 :tongue:)

Pudding-Head (Hinckley): Loyal - survived!

Night Action: You are a tracker. Each night, you may target one player. You will be able to see who they target that night.

Comments: Good job! I'm pretty sure you managed to guess all of the mechanics at play in this game. Well, I'm assuming you did, given the amount of theories you pumped out over those final days. :wacko::laugh: The only real misstep you made was getting tunnel-vision on CMP after he tried to lead a lynch on youI guess him targeting Trumpetking might have looked a little weird though). I feel like you could do with being unjustly lynched one game just to desensitise you to it. You went after people in this game for weirder reasons than CMP's case against you after all. All in all, I'm glad you managed to survive - both in the game and in real life. :laugh:

Thanks for doing feedback!!! :wub: :wub:

:blush: Yes. I don't respond well to "unjust" accusations. I'm kind of a mule that way. And the tunnel vision on CallMePie was a little crazy. I really thought his suspicion of me was Scummy because it seemed to come out of nowhere, relied on incorrect math and then appeared to be a ploy to win. I was truly convinced he was Scum and they would've won had I been lynched. I was so annoyed when he flipped Town. I do love that this game had me arguing like a mad man with two people I consider friends and it was all left in the game. :thumbup:

Good job choosing the most logical conclusion on Day Eleven and voting for Pandora.

Yes, great job. Thank you. :blush:

I love when hosts do feedback!! :wub: Are you going to go back and do it for Ragnarok 2? :blush:

I think I'd have to actually go back and read through all the threads to actually give half-decent feedback. Maybe I could give some general feedback for the town as a whole and for the scum as a whole, but it would probably still be very inaccurate.

I actually thought the opposite with his Scum play. I thought he had convincingly (because it was real as he was Town at the time) explained his suspicions about me and then fitting in with the logic of the lynch for the day helped keep suspicion off of him. Having been caught being targeted by Scum wasn't going to be good and if he had voted for me I think it would've been too obvious. And then the decision to stay home to avoid detection was also a good bet. If you look at my tunnel vision suspicions before the vote that day, I was hoping people would want to lynch Pie (aka the 7th Scum of Ragnarok 3 :tongue:)

I agree with that under normal circumstances, but I also feel that Day Eight was the scum's best shot at winning. I don't think TrumpetKing was ever going to win by himself, just because of the sheer numbers of confirmed townies he was up against. If the scum had gone into Night Eight with two players plus a townie lynched, they could have possibly turned things around. With a kill and a redirect, they could have potentially killed CMP or Chromeknight and redirected Pandora to Adam (though one of the scum probably would have been blocked). I guess the only problem would have been finding a fourth player to vote for you.

Thanks for the feedback TPRU! I have a feeling that my late claim for Vengeful caused most of the town to distrust me hence why I got lunched that day.

Apologies for my inactivity at times, Day One clashed with a Camping trip and Day Six I was on Holiday.

Dar (Dragonfire): Corrupted - voted out, Day Five

Night Action: You are the redirector. Each night, you may direct one player to target another player of your choice.

Comments: You posting that deleted comment as "dd" was one of the highlights of the game for me. It was subtle enough to be believable, but blatant enough to be noticed and to sow suspicion. It was funny to see the night actions change after that post, from the town block tracking Darkdragon to killing her. Unfortunately, you fell into the same trap as jluck, speculating a little too accurately about what the scum must've been doing behind the scenes.

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, my speculating and trying to appear active and helpful brought me down in the end.

I agree with that under normal circumstances, but I also feel that Day Eight was the scum's best shot at winning. I don't think TrumpetKing was ever going to win by himself, just because of the sheer numbers of confirmed townies he was up against. If the scum had gone into Night Eight with two players plus a townie lynched, they could have possibly turned things around. With a kill and a redirect, they could have potentially killed CMP or Chromeknight and redirected Pandora to Adam (though one of the scum probably would have been blocked). I guess the only problem would have been finding a fourth player to vote for you.

I bet Chromeknight would have hammered Hinck if Dave, TK and CMP had all voted him.

No feedback for me? :cry:

CMP, Tammo and mostly appear to be in the same boat, you're not alone!

I'lI bet Chromeknight would have hammered Hinck if Dave, TK and CMP had all voted him.

Nah. As I said in thread, if TK voted anyone but Dave it would have confirmed Hink's theory about conversion.

Thanks for the feedback, TPRU. I wish things had worked out better for me to be able to play and not get murdered for ridiculous reasons.

Thanks for the feedback! :grin: Again, I must reiterate how awesome a game this was! I probably had more fun in the side lines than I would have in the game. It's probably a good thing I died when I did, as I was just about to confirm TK if memory serves, and that wouldn't have benefitted the Town. :blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I realized that I should've probably have decided to go and vote for someone's else. :blush: I was about to vote for Tammo but then again he had voted for me and I didn't want it to look like I was revenge voting and then again I didn't want to vote Brick either because I would be joining the bandwagon and that would look scummy. I was also hestitant on voting for Lady K because I couldn't find any evidence to go against her apart from meta gaming. :tongue:

CMP, Tammo and mostly appear to be in the same boat, you're not alone!

:cry_sad:

Oops, sorry :blush:

.....and me...... :cry_sad:

so I'll add the rest of the players in later when I get more time and when I refresh my memory a little

Sign in to follow this