Sign in to follow this  
YellowCorvette

Your favorite song

What's your favorite song?Share it here.

Mine is Earth Song from Michael Jackson.The lyrics are outstanding and Michael Jackson sings this song perfectly.

Crystals - Of Monsters and men

Orrrr AoU Soundtrack, awesome score

Edited by kevkipo

it's a three way toss up between Locomotive Breath by Jethro Tull, Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd, and For You Blue by The Beatles. I couldn't decide on just one!

I love a lot of Ennio Morricone's spaghetti western stuff, especially these three:

from Il Mercenario

from Once Upon a Time in the West

from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I love a lot of Ennio Morricone's spaghetti western stuff, especially these three:

from Il Mercenario

from Once Upon a Time in the West

from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Morricone is a real genius, my favourite song from him is probably Rabbia E Tarantella.

But my absolute favourites are ATLiens and Na Golici.

A hard question.....very hard.

Still, there's one that has always been high on my list:

David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

I can't decide between wind by akeyoshi, tonight again by guy Sebastian, Cinderella man by eminem or the daredevil theme

Dean Martin - Memories Are Made Of This. Dino's not only my favourite singer, but for various personal reasons this song has a special place in my heart.

I don't know if I have a set favorite, but I love "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac. Also I love "Lean on Me"!

I cant pick a single favorite there are so many that have held the top spot over the years. but a couple have never left my mind:

Closing Time: Semisonic

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end” Senior quote, and I was clued in to it being about the lead singers first child while my wife was in Labor!

I Stand Alone: Godsmack

Was a bit of a loner in school, but highly competitive, used the song to get the blood flowing before a race.

Nothing Else Matters: Metallica

Song that sums up my wife and I’s relationship, and has been “our song” from the beginning.

Hard one, let's see...

Beyond the Realms of Death - Judas Priest

All along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

As for movie soundtracks I can think of few more epic than The End of All Things by Howard Shore.

My all time favourite song would have to be Uprising by Muse. I'm a Muse fanatic through and through, and out of the 50 most played songs in my iTunes library (out of over 2300), 19 of them are Muse songs. Yes, I even like the song they did for the 2012 Olympics!

Other favourite songs of mine (that aren't Muse songs) include Ten Tonne Skeleton by Royal Blood, The Swarm by You Me at Six (yes, that Thorpe Park promo post-apoc rock song as done by a punk band that happens to be local to that theme park :tongue: ), Propane Nightmares by Pendulum, I Predict a Riot by Kaiser Chiefs, This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race by Fall Out Boy, Something from Nothing by Foo Fighters, Guilty All the Same by Linkin Park... I could go on forever because there's so many songs from many different genres that I just absolutely love :laugh:

My musical taste has expanded over the years, but the song that always sticks out to me is Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace, it's the first song I learned to play so even if don't listen to those guys that much anymore, it'll always be in my warm up routine.

I bet mine (at least currently) is one none of you guys have heard of.

Pictures of Bernadette by Talk Talk

(Props to you if you remember this 80's B-side (which was as good as the front IMHO))

Holland 1945 by Neutral Milk Hotel is my favorite, No Children by the Mountain Goats is a close second.

One - Mary J. Blige and U2

:thumbup:

Hm, tough question. I'd probably say a live song by U2. City of Blinding Lights, Sweetest Thing, Where the Streets Have No Name...seriously, there are too many answers to this question. :grin:

Wow! Some nice choices listed so far! Morricone does nail it in the movie score department. What a pro!

I have collected film scores all my life and have too many favorite songs to list. (And now I am in the process of selling off all 1400 CD's because I just listen to them off my computer. Holler if you are interested as they are about to go out the door.)

One of my all time favorites is "Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell. (It is used in several film scores as well.)

Dolly Parton did a cool "You Can't Make Old Friends" with Kenny Rogers, and it is also a big favorite.