Sir Gareth

DC Super Heroes (& LEGO Batman Movie) General Discussion

I would add these to your list, Duncan Young:

DC Universe Rebirth

Forever Evil

Batman: Endgame

Done! Thanks!

To promote longevity, the LEGO Group needs most to shift its primary focus from the Bat Family, to the Justice League, replicating the success of the 2015 Winter Wave.

Absolutely, it saddens me to see our great streak that started in 2015 that gave us a dozen members of the Justice League, a ton of great villains and nearly all the teen titans is at an end. I mean I look forward to the LBM and presumably Wonder Woman and JL waves but will will mean we won't get so many cool comic versions of character that aren't Batman related?.

The most important figures, you ask?

Justice League: Black Canary, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Elongated Man, Red Tornado, Firestorm, Vixen, Fire, Ice, Atom, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Booster Gold, Guy Gardner, Gypsy, Vibe, Steel.

Justice Society: Green Lantern, Wildcat, Flash, Dr. Midnight, Atom, Liberty Belle, Starman, Stargirl, Cyclone, Sandman, GA Hawkman and Hawgirl, Power Girl.

Teen Titans/Titans: Donna Troy, Aqualad/Tempest(Garth), Speedy/Arsenal, Kid Flash (Wally West), Hawk, Dove, Jericho, Terra, Omen, Bumblebee, Herald

Legion: Saturn Girl, Chameleon Boy, Brainiac 5, Phantom Girl, Ultra-Boy, Dawnstar, Lightning Lass, Triplicate Girl, Invisible Kid

Misc. Heroes:Huntress, Demon, The Question, Uncle Sam, John Constantine, Deadman, Swamp Thing, Warlord, Jonah Hex, Vigilante (cowboy version)

Villains: Solomon Grundy, Toy Man, Giganta,Cheetah, Ocean Master, Mad Hatter, Despero, Shadow Thief, Imperiex, Metallo, Killer Shark, Enchantress, Royal Flush Gang, Amazo, The Shade, Vandal Savage, Atrocitus, Trigon, Circe, Silver Swan, Ares, Flash's Rogues ...

I could go on and on, but better stop for now.

And I agree, it is definitely time for Lego to expand beyond just Batman.

The most important figures, you ask?

Justice League: Black Canary, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Elongated Man, Red Tornado, Firestorm, Vixen, Fire, Ice, Atom, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Booster Gold, Guy Gardner, Gypsy, Vibe, Steel.

Justice Society: Green Lantern, Wildcat, Flash, Dr. Midnight, Atom, Liberty Belle, Starman, Stargirl, Cyclone, Sandman, GA Hawkman and Hawgirl, Power Girl.

Teen Titans/Titans: Donna Troy, Aqualad/Tempest(Garth), Speedy/Arsenal, Kid Flash (Wally West), Hawk, Dove, Jericho, Terra, Omen, Bumblebee, Herald

Legion: Saturn Girl, Chameleon Boy, Brainiac 5, Phantom Girl, Ultra-Boy, Dawnstar, Lightning Lass, Triplicate Girl, Invisible Kid

Misc. Heroes:Huntress, Demon, The Question, Uncle Sam, John Constantine, Deadman, Swamp Thing, Warlord, Jonah Hex, Vigilante (cowboy version)

Villains: Solomon Grundy, Toy Man, Giganta,Cheetah, Ocean Master, Mad Hatter, Despero, Shadow Thief, Imperiex, Metallo, Killer Shark, Enchantress, Royal Flush Gang, Amazo, The Shade, Vandal Savage, Atrocitus, Trigon, Circe, Silver Swan, Ares, Flash's Rogues ...

I could go on and on, but better stop for now.

And I agree, it is definitely time for Lego to expand beyond just Batman.

Really great list. Now I realise how empty my collection is...

No love for Captain Atom, Doctor Fate, or John Stewart Green Lantern? :cry_sad:

Oh yeah. That's almost as bad as stealing forty cakes!

XD

So I've been collecting DC comics for a while now and am looking for the most important DC stories and tie ins between Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flashpoint. Here is what I've got so far: (I understand that these may not all be in order so please tell me which ones)

1. Crisis on Infinite Earths

<snip>

27. DC Rebirth

I'll try to update these soon

A good source for important DC stories would be DC Comics: A Visual History. It goes through DC's history, year by year, and almost month by month, discussing the important storylines in DC's history. (It's had enough of an affect on me that I'd love to do a podcast using this book as a primary reference source).

Bottom line, that book, besides being a good read, would be a great source of reference for the important characters and storylines for DC, whether it's the last 30 years or last 75+.

No love for Captain Atom, Doctor Fate, or John Stewart Green Lantern? :cry_sad:

Oh, yeah, my bad! Totally need those minifigs, too! :D

Along with Blue Devil, Black Lightning, Mary Marvel, Capt. Marvel Jr., Mr. Terrific (classic and modern), Kilowog, Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, Orion, Lightray, Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi), Katma Tui, Kyle Rayner Green Lantern, Madame Xanadu, Black Orchid, The Crime Syndicate, NIghtshade, Black Condor, Phantom Lady, The Ray (Ray Terrill version), The Human Bomb .... TOLD YA I could go on and on LOL

Edited by DarrellBricker

You know you need the figures, when even a fan of DC (myself) doesn't even recognise most of the names :laugh:

Absolutely, it saddens me to see our great streak that started in 2015 that gave us a dozen members of the Justice League, a ton of great villains and nearly all the teen titans is at an end. I mean I look forward to the LBM and presumably Wonder Woman and JL waves but will will mean we won't get so many cool comic versions of character that aren't Batman related?.

My thoughts exactly. I was building the Green Lantern vs. Sinestro set yesterday and I was thinking about how 2015 was definitely the best year of DC Superheroes. So many different heroes and villains. The 2016 sets are nice but they're only movie sets and Batman sets, which is what next year will be too. Comic JL waves like winter 2015 would be great in 2018. (Though I would love some sets based on the CW universe too. :grin: )

Resurrecting this thread for posterity's sake, in an effort to spring clean the community...

Feel free to share your displays and dioramas, or debate the logistics of a third LEGO Batman Movie wave, all while simultaneously analyzing alternate villain designs! :wink:

Edited by Sir Gareth

8 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

Resurrecting this thread for posterity's sake, in an effort to spring clean the community...

Feel free to share your displays and dioramas, or debate the logistics of a third LEGO Batman Movie wave, all while simultaneously analyzing alternate villain designs! :wink:

Thanks for finding this thread again mate! 

Here is my Killer Moth/Firefly Diorama

Moth-Cave MOC

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this small MOC, for more details about the figs, see my Flickr page :sweet:

So there is a third wave of Batman lego sets? If so, a hint on how many sets, so we can speculate within the set boundaries? 

44 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

So there is a third wave of Batman lego sets? If so, a hint on how many sets, so we can speculate within the set boundaries? 

It's not confirmed, we just speculate what a third wave could include

58 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

In an interview with @Zusammengebaut on the upcoming 75936 Jurassic Park: T. Rex Rampage, @Nabii says at the 0:40 second mark that this is the first D2C he's designed after his "big Batmobile didn't make it" back then. Does anyone know what he's referring to??? :shrug_confused:

It was the big batmobile that was designed for Lego movie 2 but was cut out from the movie

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:
12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

In an interview with @Zusammengebaut on the upcoming 75936 Jurassic Park: T. Rex Rampage, @Nabii says at the 0:40 second mark that this is the first D2C he's designed after his "big Batmobile didn't make it" back then. Does anyone know what he's referring to??? :shrug_confused:

It was the big batmobile that was designed for Lego movie 2 but was cut out from the movie

Ah, that's right! :oh: Only just an hour ago I was reminded of that after it was clarified in Mark's other interview on the set with New Elementary:

Hello guys; this just looks phenomenal and I want to build it immediately! Were you excited about building a massive dinosaur?

Mark: Yes, especially as the only other massive thing I’ve ever built [THE LEGO MOVIE 2 Batmobile] got cancelled. That might be the most intricate model I’ve managed to do, but this is not far off, so I’m happy. I love this dinosaur.

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ahh that set would of been glorious!

I hope the D2C coming out has some good mini-figures

no news on Lego Batman Movie 2 Falcon Fan1414?  (I see the thread name changed) 

will it still be made? (it was a hit)