Kayne

[MOC] The Night of the Owls

20608446729_b409d505a8_z.jpgNIght of Owls 1 by Jason Hatkowski, on Flickr

The Court of Owls is one of the first Arcs in the New 52 Batman by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo and by far on e of my favorite new "villains", This particular scene did not take place in any comic that I have seen, but enough was left open during the Night of the Owls to imagine many other altercations taking place! I am not a customizer, but really need to figure out how to at least make some decals so that I can do a little bit of it. The custom Red Hood is from Joker's Brick Store on Bricklink and looks fantastic. The Arsenal is completely purist, as are the Talons for the Court of Owls.

20768945186_b60f0f1d36_z.jpgNight of Owls 2 by Jason Hatkowski, on Flickr

20802207641_786c4c79ba_z.jpgNight of Owls 4 by Jason Hatkowski, on Flickr

20795168265_62670f8e86_z.jpgNightwing 1 by Jason Hatkowski, on Flickr

NIghtwing and his Wingcycle....heavily inspired by Lego Jalex and his amazing Fenrir from FFVII Advent Children <a href="https://www.flickr.c.../datepos...</a>

20174205533_cd870befe6_z.jpgRed Hood 1 by Jason Hatkowski, on Flickr

20607157878_7275e61e87_z.jpgRobin 1 by Jason Hatkowski, on Flickr

20172678704_66899c5528_z.jpgCourt of Owls by Jason Hatkowski, on Flickr

20785761332_a80320888c_z.jpgBatgirl 1 by Jason Hatkowski, on Flickr

Great work, large scale and very detailed. Especially love that posing on Batgirl and the Nightwing bike. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

I've never read any of the New 52 stuff but I've heard of the Court of Owls. This is a great piece. Absolutely impressive! Great job.

I love the the story this MOC's based off of and you certainly did it justice. The entrance to the building looks stunning.

Wow! The explosion is done beautifully, and I really love the Wingcycle, Lego could take a lesson from you on how to make DC motorcycles :tongue: IMO none of the Batcycles so far have done the Batcycles justice. Makes me want to check out Court of Owls (Huge DC fan, but I don't read a lot of Batman).

This is a great built. I love the details of the church and the action around it. :thumbup:

I also heard that Court of Owls was a great story. It was also mentioned in Red Hood and the outlaws.

How big is the church?

Thank you everyone! To answer the question of the size of the church, I did not actually count studs or pieces. It is build on a base of 80 x 96 studs for the overall build however.

Well done! I literally just finished reading Court and City of Owls and have Night of the Owls waiting for me. I can't wait. It was a very interesting storyline. I may read it again soon.

The build looks spot on to what I'd expect is going on. I think the Star Wars heads work well for the Talons, although It'd be great if they were more rounded eyes. Oh well, not much you can do when you try to stay purist. I'd love for LEGO to release something Owl head related. That'd be great.

I agree....those Star Wars heads were the best I could to. I though the Chima torsos were perfect for Talons. At some point here I will expiriment with decals and see if I can get halfway talented at at least making some decals for heads/torsos. Thanks for the comments!

Wow this is a really amazing work! The explosion is fantastic, is it fixed on the roof or just laid in a hole?

Wow this is a really amazing work! The explosion is fantastic, is it fixed on the roof or just laid in a hole?

Yes, it is fixed on to the roof. It was quite a bit of odd angles for the look and to still be translucent, so I did not want to risk it falling off. And to answer gouniaf's question, the inside is a beautiful array of technic bricks, and monorail supports!

Your work is really amazing ! The court of Owls arc is one of my favourite, therefore I appraciate even more your creation !

The talons look great too !

Your Gothic cathidral reminds of Westminster Abbey and other great old churches because you're a real master builder. I like the playability of your creation and that you combined a few different ideas in one set. Please compare yours to my Pirate battle island and Soldier's Arsenal. Perhaps we can exchange building techniques because I like some of your ideas. I like the brave catwoman who perhaps wants to rob the treasury of the castle.

There is so much in there, and the thing that is standing out for me is the nightwing bike!