murtaughf3

Projects, how many is to many.

I currently have one project/set started that I'll be bricklinking and getting parts from my own bricklink inventory to save on cost. But I'm curious how many projects going on at one time is to many. There are several projects/sets I want to complete. With that is mind I'm considering working on 3-5 projects/sets at a time at. At the same time I'll be concentrating on 1 but still ordering pieces for the others to help saving on shipping cost. So how many projects do you work on at one time? I should also add that the projects I'm working on rather large in size and most consist of at least a thousand pieces, mostly Star Wars and Technic sets. Thank you in advance.

It really depends on your budget. You will save money on having one list of wanted parts. Yet, you might have to wait longuer and build the projects at the same time.

I am planning on sourcing 5 projects (25.000 parts) in 2016 and only make one wish list. These projects have alot of parts in commun and repeatedly use the same parts. I can save on the orders and on the reduced prices when buying in quantity. I dont mind if it takes me the while year :-)

Just as soon and the roof is done on the house, I'm starting on BrickLinking 5 sets, only using one wishlist and just bulk ordering, lots of parts in commons it's really to set things up for later when my kid is old epochs to build with me.

If you keep things in perspective and well organised, you can have as many projects as you wish. Or at least that is what I find. I sketch and note part needs for any MOC, then prioritise what I want to build. Some projects remain pipe-dreams or sit on a back burner for a while and others get bumped off the list by a new and better idea. A deadline is the only thing that really sets a project ahead of others and if you don't have one of those then don't worry and just have fun!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, like some have mentioned I'm using bricklink to organize my wanted list. Each project has it's own list,but and I select the #1 project and fill my cart with what I want to spend and if I don't reach the $ amount I want to spend then I just go to all the lists and keep adding until I reach that amount. I've also got all the set in different bins labeled so once building time comes along they will already all be sorted.

I had many projects I had in mind and I lost inspiration or budget for some. So I chose the incorporate them over two large grey baseplates and I'm currently constructing two modular buildings over those baseplates and that gives me a city scape for the superhero battle i had planned, then I'm using the interior to create other MOCs I had In mind, for example I now have a downscaled Batcave and CW Arrow cave within one of my modulars.

So moral of my story is try to downscaled until you can expand or try incorporate them with each other if possible.

You can have as many projects going as you want. It gets a bit more complex if you have many projects going at the same time. But they can be managed using project management principles and concepts. Those come in handy if you're leading a collaborative build project with many builders and deadlines.

It really depends on your budget. You will save money on having one list of wanted parts. Yet, you might have to wait longuer and build the projects at the same time.

I am planning on sourcing 5 projects (25.000 parts) in 2016 and only make one wish list. These projects have alot of parts in commun and repeatedly use the same parts. I can save on the orders and on the reduced prices when buying in quantity. I dont mind if it takes me the while year :-)

As samlr says, budget is key. The bricklink wanted list tool is really useful for organizing want you want and getting it for less.