Sign in to follow this  
Alfadas

Husbandry challenge - Delivering supplies gone wrong...

Here is my entry to the Husbandry Challenge, Hope you like it. I am very proud of the ground and path, so please give me feedback on that part :grin:

20164018363_15a432df53_c.jpg

"So, where are we going again? And why does there have to be a guard, well, guarding us?" Tofalru asks? Tofalru is a big guy, a good and strong warrior, but he lacks a lot in brainpower.

"For the 36th time," Alfadas sighed, "we are delivering supplies to small villages in the area, because their farms and mills are burned down or abandoned. They don't have food. The guard is here, because the latest convoy didn't reach it's destination. We, my dad and I, suspect hungry orcs are the cause of that. Or the Giant Wolves. That's why I travel along with you".

"O yes, you said that already... Must have forgo..."

Kraack!!

"What happened?!" Alfadas runs back. One of the carts lost a wheel. "Great... Just what we needed"

With that, Alfadas orders the guards to keep watch to their surroundings. None of the guards notice an orc spying on them. Alfadas asks Tofalru to secure the barrels on the cart. Alfadas starts inspecting the broken wheel. There isn't a lot of damage. Alfadas calls Tofalru and Ogmund, the flagcarrier. Tofalru manages to lift the cart high enough for Alfadas and Ogmund to repair the cart. But before they can put the wheel on, an orc jumps on the cart. The orc lets out a warcry. Splatsh! One of the guards had thrown her spear and hit the orc right in the guts. He falls. Two more orcs appear, but the other guards quickly take them down. Alfadas and Ogmund quickly put the wheel on, Tofalru loads the barrels on the cart. The journey continues.

20784981265_def744d314_c.jpg

20775547082_335c71fb34_c.jpg

and the last picture, figles:

20758722546_5fdd590bb3_c.jpg

Your ground is indeed very good, but on the figless image, there's something wrong with Colors. I think their borders are too straight. Try laying a second layer on top

This is a very nice build, Alfadas! The posing is really nice, and the story fitting for the setting. I think the groundwork and path are nice, although the shift between dark and normal tan looks a little too blocky on the figless pics, but on the other pics it works perfectly! :thumbup: The tree and rockwork is nice too.

My only suggestion is one I have made to others before: The wheels of the carts should be centered under the carts, as they are what should be carrying the weight, not the poor oxen. :wink:

Thanks!

This is a very nice build, Alfadas! The posing is really nice, and the story fitting for the setting. I think the groundwork and path are nice, although the shift between dark and normal tan looks a little too blocky on the figless pics, but on the other pics it works perfectly! :thumbup: The tree and rockwork is nice too.

My only suggestion is one I have made to others before: The wheels of the carts should be centered under the carts, as they are what should be carrying the weight, not the poor oxen. :wink:

I agree that the path looks a bit blocky. I have ordered a few more light and dark tan pieces for that.

The wheels on the carts. I have no clue on how to put them under the cart and still make it look like a "real" cart :grin:

Very good work, Alfadas. I think the ground texturing is quite possibly your best yet, stepping the plates works well :thumbup: A few more small grey plates or tiles, for small rocks would add to the path's detail.

The well loaded carts, tree, and rocks on the back look excellent too :classic:

Nice one Alf, I like how you are improving, time to do some photo editing!

Nice scene, my only suggestion would be to add some more variation to the tan and dark tan, by that I mean smooth out the edges between the two colors better.

Thanks!! It's very nice to here I'm improving :grin:

Yeah, I also think I should have added more grey plates/tiles and some tan/dark tan plates. But that is something I'll add to the next moc (If I get the pieces I ordered...)