Sign in to follow this  
SEE AR AR THREE

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST: A Nocturnus Build for Historica Husbandry

Most of the other races in Historica considered the hunting of Nocturnian crocodiles by the Lizardmen to be a form of cannibalism, seeing as the Lizardmen had evolved from the Nocturnian crocodile. The Lizardmen, however, merely saw it as survival of the fittest.

11898606_1011294618901848_8241131709353250318_n.jpg?oh=df71eb14773b4659092e381720d11532&oe=566D2DCF

11781711_1011289772235666_3064420899404915283_n.jpg?oh=4dc41ebc5de88a2afb6190d74243f80a&oe=5642D475

Notes on the build: The biggest challenge for me on this build was the limited number of pea soup green elements I had to make the pond. A combination of bricks, tiles, plates and slopes were used, some obviously illegally.

The second challenge on this build was one I set for myself. Because I had used the "leaf" elements for the "splash" in the water, and the "blood" I avoided using any form of the same element anywhere else.

It is very easy to go overboard with the foliage and I actually stripped a lot away so that the main focal point of the build, the Lizardwoman stabbing the crocodile, could be seen.

I was tempted to use a plain base made from black bricks because this really takes place on level ground, but wanted to keep an organic feel to it so went with what you see instead.

Edited by SEE AR AR THREE

This is a very beautiful build, and I think you have striked a very nice balance between foilage and visibility - the action is very obvious without the build looking bare anywhere.

The posing is nice, and I can really imagine the crocodille going for the lizardman in front of it, before being stabbed by another has it strikes! Plus, I like your choice of border.n :thumbup:

My only point of criticism is this: You have made the swamo enclosed on all four sides - seems like a fairly small whole for a crocodille to live in! :wink:

Love the red leaf for the blood and the brown leaves for the splattering mud (the brown looks especially good btw)

All around great MOC and really good posing. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Good to see the beasts at Nocturnus don't bow down to petty social norms like, uh, not being a cannibal ;)

Edited by Dubbadgrim

This is awesome! I like how you used the leaves for the splash effect, and the surrounding foliage is not too overly present, but enough to tell its a swamp. Excellent build!

This is a very beautiful build, and I think you have striked a very nice balance between foilage and visibility - the action is very obvious without the build looking bare anywhere.

The posing is nice, and I can really imagine the crocodille going for the lizardman in front of it, before being stabbed by another has it strikes! Plus, I like your choice of border.n :thumbup:

My only point of criticism is this: You have made the swamo enclosed on all four sides - seems like a fairly small whole for a crocodille to live in! :wink:

And again, Bregir sais what i think

Thanx again everyone! I really wasn't sure if leaves were giving me the effect I wanted but I'm trying to stretch my building skills so I went with it.

I was looking at pictures of this MOC again and thought "this looks like a birthday cake" :sweet:

That's a great scene. Lots of foliage and good use of the smaller leaf pieces for water and blood.