Kolonialbeamter

[PTV 2015 Digital] Sharknado? Sharknado!

He came to them with an idea. An idea that would forever change the world's power balance, as he would harness nature's deadliest force for them. But they called him a fool. It couldn't be done, they said. They chased him away. They laughed at him. Now he has returned. It could be done. He will show them. And who is laughing now? Not them. Some don't even have faces anymore, MUHAHA! Hmm... er, well, but also not him, because he is Käpt'n Kuhl! And with him he has brought... wind and fish... sharks... in a storm: Sharknado. Sharknado? SHARKNADO!

*insertthunderhere*

20772323251_605d256c43_c.jpgSharknado

This is my entry for PtV's Digital Division. It was a fun build, the idea was there instantly, and the translation from mind to digital 'matter' went astonishingly smooth. The result is a representation of an aspect that fascinates me probably most about digital building - the depiction of motion. No gravity - no problems. Well, actually, different problems, but less talk, more pics:

20765433595_7123a8547a_c.jpgSharknado 4

20756031712_9d2de4a469_c.jpgSharknado 3

20577441440_b4e2f42e3b_c.jpgSharknado 2

20772365601_be18782bcc_c.jpgSharknado 1

Just realised, all the small sharks should be dark bley instead of light bley, but besides this mishap all parts come in the colors depicted, so if you want to build Käpt'n Kuhl's 'shark submarine thingy', go ahead! Or go to space to assemble all of it :pir-grin:

I hope you like it, some more and high-res pics in my flickr album.

C&C welcome.

And at last a 'bonus shot' for those familiar with the movie(s):

20739191126_49c1e77357_c.jpgBonus Shot. Yes, chainsaw...

Thanks for watching.

KB

super elegant depiction!

Haha, that final image is awesome!

Thanks, you two.

I recommend watching that very trashy movie!

I imagine how much fun you've got playing with those levitating entrails :D

Indeed! But their pain was worth my pain :devil_laugh:

This is one of the most absurd creations ever posted in the Pirates forum - and I love it! The action and motion implied by the design are simply brilliant, and the water spraying everywhere is nice. The shark at the top with the two cannons blasting away is funny, and I have to ask - KB, is that you with the yellow mug? This is a very original entry to the contest. Keep it up.

I must say one of the things that usually turns me away from LDD creations is the lack of real physics and the associated constraints. But in this case I have to give props for using the medium to excellent effect--very striking!

It reminds of DNA - an ideal tornado!

Your creation is really unusual proving you've got wild imagination. You gave me advice on my LEGO comics. So I sent a translation to our personal convesation. Sorry, I'm not sure how it functions. Please check it. What's next? Have a nice and creative day!

Edited by Staslegomaster

Your creation is really unusual proving wild imagination. Please check your personal conversation, I'm not sure how it functions. Sorry, I don't know if it's allowed to ask here. Have a nice and productive day.