Sign in to follow this  
vitreolum

Dracolich

Been ages since I've done a Goh related build...

Cora has a new challenge to face this time... a bone dragon terrorizing a graveyard. And with Aymer gone to solve some family issues (in truth I couldn't find his torso :)) ) she has to take care of matters alone.

But the bounty is bound to make it worthwhile.

20577951080_dd32e31dab_c.jpgDracolich by Letranger Absurde, on Flickr

1440180948m_DISPLAY.jpg

20595479029_50575852fb_c.jpgDracolich - Undead Dragon by Letranger Absurde, on Flickr

Edited by vitreolum

As always a very inspiring build, Vitreoleum. The landscaping is brilliant, but what really strikes out is the parts usage on the dragon, especially the skeleton torsoes on the body - took me a while before I noticed. :thumbup:

Wow, great looking dragon. I tried to make a skeletal dragon a couple months ago but couldn't get it to look right at all. This one is awesome. Great to see you back here! Hopefully you keep coming back once in a while!

NPU! I see that I'm not the only one who likes those Indiana Jones whips for vines. That dragon is brilliant! Are those Ron Weasley hair as the brush? You should add that tree to the Tree Building Guide.

Very, very nice! The neck section is probably the best representation of vertebrae I've seen in LEGO form.

Great landscape, but the dragon is awesome! Some interesting techniques used there, well done!

The dragon looks really good here, but what stands out to me is the gnarled tree trunk - fantastic! Really like the jagged, gap filled rockwork as well and the subtle beginnings of a cemetery fit right in!

Excellent build Vitreolum! Very nice landscaping - that tree stands out in particular - but that dragon really superb! Great piece use all over, and fantastic work on the neck and head!

Where do you get the builds and ideas from?

Try and error?

Dreaming?

Inspiered from...?

Thanks for sharing.

A lot of creativity to do this dragon. I loved it! Very nice work with the white bricks. Congrats!

That tree is absolutely gorgeous :wub: And the dracolith too! The rocky outcroppings in the back, and irregular base are excellent as well :thumbup:

Very nice dragon, especially seeing as it's constructed of actual lego skeletons. I take it this will replace your pitch fork as your go to part?

Really beautiful work. The skeletal body is so well executed, can't tell which part I like the most. Everything works perfectly together. But maybe it's the neck with those vertebrae. I like the overall scene very much too. It's the classy fantasy standoff, a hero(ine) encounters a fearsome monster on his/her quest to fortune and glory!