Sign in to follow this  
PaddyBricksplitter

Brownstones and Dinosaurs

Hi all,

Here's my latest moc, I wanted to capture the urban decay of 70's NYC and try my hand at a brownstone building.

Then I added dinosaurs for obvious reasons.

Hope ya like it :)

20138613714_a8d4198ae6_c.jpg

You've really captured the feeling of decay. Great job!

Thanks Graham.

Love the window blinds - nice touch!

Thank you. I have used those bricks as blinds before, I think they work well.

Love the window blinds - nice touch!

Love them too, very clever idea to use these bricks! The minifigs you used fit very well in the NYC 70's scene! Wonder what that prison like door is on the ground floor :cry_sad: Thanks for sharing!

Love them too, very clever idea to use these bricks! The minifigs you used fit very well in the NYC 70's scene! Wonder what that prison like door is on the ground floor :cry_sad: Thanks for sharing!

Thats supposed to be the security gate, seems lots of buildings had them on the ground floor from what I can see from photographs.

Great job on the brickwork and color combinations...definitely gives it that run down, old feeling. And I love the name of this Moc and the fact that the Raptor heads have cop covers on them...stupendous!!!!!

Totally digging this! Just the right amount of decay and newspapers and litter scattered about. And it has freakin' dinosaurs!

If the guy in cuffs is singing "Don't push me cos I'm close to the edge" then this MOC is so full of win the internet will collapse.

Excellent job.

Totally digging this! Just the right amount of decay and newspapers and litter scattered about. And it has freakin' dinosaurs!

If the guy in cuffs is singing "Don't push me cos I'm close to the edge" then this MOC is so full of win the internet will collapse.

Excellent job.

"Rats in the front room, roaches in the back. Junkies in the alley with the baseball bat."

Sorry about that, it was totally unintentional.

I realize I should have elaborated more but I did not intended to insult you, it's a nice build. The brickwork is amazing. I just affiliate dinosaurs filing the roles of humans in a New York environment with that movie :laugh: .

Edited by TrentonC

The places you stay and where you play looks like one great big alleyway.

Sorry, I know it's been referenced already, but I couldn't resist. Great job showing that kind of decay--the colors and that top floor make it so convincing (as well as all the little details).

Edited by Mariko

Awesome stuff. Reminds me of my childhood when I build plastic kits and created ruins to place my soldiers in. Very nicely done!

I realize I should have elaborated more but I did not intended to insult you, it's a nice build. The brickwork is amazing. I just affiliate dinosaurs filing the roles of humans in a New York environment with that movie :laugh: .

I'm not insulted I was just sorry that I made you think of that awful movie. Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper, what were they thinking?

The places you stay and where you play looks like one great big alleyway.

Sorry, I know it's been referenced already, but I couldn't resist. Great job showing that kind of decay--the colors and that top floor make it so convincing (as well as all the little details).

Yeah thats what I was listening to when I built it :sweet:

They should be partners of Triceracops.

2555604_m3t1w645h430q75s1v3247_xio-fcmsimage-20150529182226-006036-5568924271d67-.201526_298869_5_048.jpg?version=1432916593

Nice moc!

Yes there were so many dinosaurs working as cops back then but the herbivores and carnivores never really got on.

This is brilliant. I love the run-down building, sucker for brownstones. Also anything with dinosaurs gets my adoration, especially dinosaur cops. Might need one of those to patrol in my town.

This is brilliant. I love the run-down building, sucker for brownstones. Also anything with dinosaurs gets my adoration, especially dinosaur cops. Might need one of those to patrol in my town.

Hey thanks. I have always found brownstones as they appeared in the 70's interesting to look at. And who doesn't like a few monsters thrown in. Just like Sesame Street.

Very nice building, looks like the sort of building that someone like Robert Moses might have targeted for replacement with one of his expressway plans (whole suburbs full of buildings like this were bulldozed to make way for shiny new expressways under Moses)