Probably the last update before final version:

img_3465.jpg

img_3466.jpg

img_3467.jpg

Only 2 doors, 4 seats and engine hood are unfinished. My BL orders will arrive soon and after that, I can get rid of the color jungle completely. :wink:

Thanks for watching.

Edited by falconluan

It easily recognizable right now and looks great! Glad you left roof white.

That is 6 #3 red connectors you'll be needing on the doors? :cry_sad:

I still love this model, but now the colours are smoothing the looks, some details caught my eye:

I'm not sure I like the structure below the mirror of the front door. It's very bulky and detracts from the clean lines you have. Can you find a less bulky attachment method?

I'm also not sold on the thick doorstyles (the stacks of black 2L liftarms). I'd either remove them (and use a stack 2L axle connectors instead), or maybe use an axle-axle connector at the top instead of #6 connector and make the stack all the way to the top.

Finally the curve of the front fender is ending too far behind the wheel. The fender should be a half circle, but the rear quarter is more egg-shaped. I know it can be difficult to fix this without having the front wheel rubbing it when turning, but it would look so cool if you manage to pull that off.

Do you plan to convert some pieces to white on the roof still? It could use them in the front corners I think :blush:

Other than that, it is still an amazing :wub:

Did you testdrive it already?

That is 6 #3 red connectors you'll be needing on the doors? :cry_sad:

I'm afraid yes... :cry_sad:

I'm not sure I like the structure below the mirror of the front door. It's very bulky and detracts from the clean lines you have. Can you find a less bulky attachment method?

p51013-085911.jpg

It is easy to fix and it's done. :wink: The mirror base of the real car is kind of thick, I tried to reflect that but over killed it I think.

However, I think the new solution is a little too slick, so maybe should still keep the base 2L wide, what do you think?

2013-mini-countryman-frontside_mncopcoun131.jpg

I'm also not sold on the thick doorstyles (the stacks of black 2L liftarms). I'd either remove them (and use a stack 2L axle connectors instead), or maybe use an axle-axle connector at the top instead of #6 connector and make the stack all the way to the top.

2014-mini-countryman-360spinframe_9324_036_640x480.jpg

I used the 2L beams to reflect the black central frame of the window. However, I have to separate the front and rear doors by 1L to make enough room

for the rear door to open, so the whole part looks a little weird. I'll try the axle connector to see if it looks better. :classic:

Finally the curve of the front fender is ending too far behind the wheel. The fender should be a half circle, but the rear quarter is more egg-shaped. I know it can be difficult to fix this without having the front wheel rubbing it when turning, but it would look so cool if you manage to pull that off.

You are right, it is like that because of the turning room, I'll try improving that, but a quick recheck shows that the wheel does need that much room to turn...

Do you plan to convert some pieces to white on the roof still? It could use them in the front corners I think :blush:

Pity that I can not find white 32250 easily :cry_sad:

Did you testdrive it already?

Sorry, it does not drive very well...

The major problem is front suspension, the CV joints are very easy to pop out, changing them to U joints leaded to lots of geometry problems, which

a complete redesign of the whole structure. So I decided to give up the front wheel driving function and make it rear wheel drive only. :blush:

Also, many thanks for your suggestions, to be honest, after months of works on this project, I'm a little tired and wanted to end it sooner.

Your comments give me lots motivation to keep on improving it. :thumbup:

Edited by falconluan

Nailed it! :classic::thumbup:

Don't be afraid to disassemble the front suspension, and start a new way to solve the issue... this is what I've learned in my moc. And finally the 15-16th version worked! :laugh:

Shame Lego never did the bent 3 x 5 lift arm 32250 in trans-red....

Agreed and I did not realize that until wanted to used that as its tail light. :laugh:

I'm afraid yes... :cry_sad:

It is easy to fix and it's done. :wink: The mirror base of the real car is kind of thick, I tried to reflect that but over killed it I think.

However, I think the new solution is a little too slick, so maybe should still keep the base 2L wide, what do you think?

I used the 2L beams to reflect the black central frame of the window. However, I have to separate the front and rear doors by 1L to make enough room

for the rear door to open, so the whole part looks a little weird. I'll try the axle connector to see if it looks better. :classic:

You are right, it is like that because of the turning room, I'll try improving that, but a quick recheck shows that the wheel does need that much room to turn...

Pity that I can not find white 32250 easily :cry_sad:

Sorry, it does not drive very well...

The major problem is front suspension, the CV joints are very easy to pop out, changing them to U joints leaded to lots of geometry problems, which

a complete redesign of the whole structure. So I decided to give up the front wheel driving function and make it rear wheel drive only. :blush:

Also, many thanks for your suggestions, to be honest, after months of works on this project, I'm a little tired and wanted to end it sooner.

Your comments give me lots motivation to keep on improving it. :thumbup:

The mirrors are much better now. I don't think you should change them anymore. In the real car it is a smooth wide base, as soon as you start to stack pieces together the seams in the stacking will detract the eye and destroy the effect you are trying to achieve.

Check your PM as well ;)

The mirrors are much better now. I don't think you should change them anymore. In the real car it is a smooth wide base, as soon as you start to stack pieces together the seams in the stacking will detract the eye and destroy the effect you are trying to achieve.

Check your PM as well ;)

img_3576.jpg

I modified both the mirror and the window frame per your suggestion, and I think you are RIGHT again, it now looks much better than previous version :thumbup: .

The whole thing is about to finish finally, and only the back seats as well as the front suspension left to be done.

img_3574.jpg

img_3571.jpg

img_3570.jpg

During the cross checking the final look with the real car, I found that the lower front bumper part is missing... Luckily, it was fixed easily.

img_3569.jpg

As to the driving performance, I think I'm pleased enough, since it drives pretty well on the highest gear on flat surface.

Hope you like it and please comment below.

Thanks for watching.

Has been a while since last update.

Finally, it is nearly finished now.

img_3881.jpg

img_3883.jpg

Modular building is lots of fun and make the whole design much easier. Different parts got their own iteration without interfering each other.

img_4048.jpg

Thanks to agrof's encourage, I made another iteration of the front suspension and finally fixed the toe in issue.

I put the steering rack before the front axle, it is different from the real thing but it can negate the toe in problem, so I can live with it :grin: .

img_3961.jpg

The final look without panels.

Made a video to show its performance. The U joints still like to pop out in the FWD mode, but they are OK in the AWD mode.

AWD mode is used during shooting the video.

More photos and videos will come out soon.

Thanks for reading.

Really cool to see this finished, awesome MOC! You've nailed the shape perfectly, and it's cool to follow the WIP process on this.