I am speechless. Awesome Optimus!

Just one word: AWESOME!

That is one awesome Optimus!

Everything is awesome... (sorry, I thought it was funny :look:)

Damn impressive. It looks massive. You should put in a minifig for scale.

I'm afraid minifig would disappear. I could put one next to the head and it would hardly reach the eyes.

It's funny how the pic makes it look like a small thing at the first sight, then you wonder what's going on when you see the size of some parts.

That thing is massive and it's amazing that it transforms.

I think you could improve the head, though. Looks a bit goofy, something in the eyes (or the space in-between).

I'm happy that you say this (I have no problem with critique). In this case I'm actually glad the head turned out as good as it did. Some details I'm not happy with. I now notice from the angle of all the pictures here the eyes look square. This angle is better:

9389832771_80ffdd9fa1_z.jpg

OP head by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

OOOOOOOOOOOH! I can't believe that! *oh2* *oh2* *oh2*

This transformer is totally cool ...I love the huge size and the old technic wheels!

Fantastic work! :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

Thank you!

Those technic wheels are among the few that are relatively thin compared to the diameter. (I use model team wheels on my smaller transformers, will post later)

Frontpages late, but frontpaged! That's a really nice work you did here. I love the old school look!

Thank you for getting me on the front page!! (now I have a ton of comments to respond to :hmpf_bad: :classic: ) sorry I don't answer all of you :cry_sad:

This is how you do LEGO Transformers.

G1 or nothing.

I'm speechless...This is the Optimus Prime G1 lego i've ever wanted to see.

Congratulations to the master mocer who created him.

Thank you both!

This is technically an G1 reboot :look: (in the comics he's clearly a Kenworth instead of a Frightliner *oh2* ) but I guess that's ok, as long as its not a beast- or bay- former :laugh:

Thank you all for watching and liking it!

Jesus christ, this is absolutely amazing! The fact that it actually transforms is absolutely fantastic, wow. *oh2*

Great work!

Masterfully done.

This has been on my list of things to build, but I don't think I would be able to do it justice. Especially after seeing what you've done here. Plus, the technical stuff trying to make it transform!

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the smaller scale versions too (maybe I'll check back often to look at those for inspiration for my own)

This is amazing, while reading and looking at your photos and video, I couldn't stop thinking, this isn't real. The large scale truck model would be a good model, the Optimus Prime by itself is amazig and excellent done, but the fact that they are the same model and can be transformed into one and another, to much for me to phrase.

Watching you transform this remind me when the copier jams at work and I have to take apart the whole thing to find the jam. Your design is unreal, and one of the coolest MOCs I've seen in a long time. You ever think about LDD that badboy for us peeons that want to imitate your awesomeness?

This is absolutely brilliant! Not only is the design brilliant and accurate, but the level of planning and excellent implementation is commendable. I was impressed when I saw the frontpage alone, but when I saw that word transform I just couldn't look away. My appraisal of this creation grew with every image. I'm sure I will be humming 'robots in disguise' all afternoon.

I thought this was cool when I saw the first picture but I kind of glazed over it without looking too closely. Then you mentioned it actually transforms and you posted the comparison picture to the other OP toys. Incredible!

Absolutely brilliant work, Erik. This is by far the most complex transforming model I've seen done in LEGO, and the scale is daunting. I remember when you brought him to BrickCon a couple years ago; he was in robot mode, and I tried looking at him from different angles to see if he transformed. When I saw the tires on his back, I knew. So very cool! Unfortunately, I didn't get to see you transform him.

Thanks to the frontpaging, I checked out your Flickr. The best compliment I can give you is that from his truck mode pictures, I would not have known he transformed, so seamless and realistic is the model. The internal engineering is just incredible. That you were able to achieve the amount of poseability, stabilty, and structural integrity sufficient to allow for transformation is a most impressive feat with LEGO. Great job!

You should post your Sunstreaker and Bumblebee models. They were two of my favorite exhibits at BrickCon last year.

Thank you all (and excuse the late replies)

Masterfully done.

This has been on my list of things to build, but I don't think I would be able to do it justice. Especially after seeing what you've done here. Plus, the technical stuff trying to make it transform!

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the smaller scale versions too (maybe I'll check back often to look at those for inspiration for my own)

If you ever try making a transformer I would recommend building smaller an simpler. My first attempt on making a transformer was a G1 Optimus (like the first toy) but when I was almost finished I found this and suddenly mine looked bad (it really was but I didn't have any joint pieces). I (foolishly) gave up on G1 Optimus and tried making the masterpiece instead (the other toy in the photo). I didn't get far until I read “infiltration” and fell in love with those designs. Unfortunately I had to build very large to include all the details and it proved unpractical in the end. I now work in model team scale but would still recommend smaller and simpler transformers.

For inspiration and tips you could check out BWTMT on mocpages. He have made tons the G1 toys and a lot of Optimus Primes.

Or just check out mocpages transformers section. It's the biggest “community” on lego transformers I have found.

Good luck

This is amazing, while reading and looking at your photos and video, I couldn't stop thinking, this isn't real. The large scale truck model would be a good model, the Optimus Prime by itself is amazig and excellent done, but the fact that they are the same model and can be transformed into one and another, to much for me to phrase.

I think you phrased it pretty good. Than you!

Watching you transform this remind me when the copier jams at work and I have to take apart the whole thing to find the jam. Your design is unreal, and one of the coolest MOCs I've seen in a long time. You ever think about LDD that badboy for us peeons that want to imitate your awesomeness?

Thanks!

While I worked on it I “logged” it in the program LeoCAD. Since I learned LDD I have been converting it but stoped a while ago. The head exist to download on my mocpage (or click here should work).

Even if I finish the whole model in LDD I wouldn't recommend building it. Locking at how it work or building parts of it could be good to learn stuff but the whole thing is very hard to handle and transform (and also expensive).

This is absolutely brilliant! Not only is the design brilliant and accurate, but the level of planning and excellent implementation is commendable. I was impressed when I saw the frontpage alone, but when I saw that word transform I just couldn't look away. My appraisal of this creation grew with every image. I'm sure I will be humming 'robots in disguise' all afternoon.

Thank you!

This I had to photograph to send to a friend and big fan of the Transformers. Fantastic MOC! *oh2*:classic:

Thanks!

I thought this was cool when I saw the first picture but I kind of glazed over it without looking too closely. Then you mentioned it actually transforms and you posted the comparison picture to the other OP toys. Incredible!

Thank you!

Absolutely brilliant work, Erik. This is by far the most complex transforming model I've seen done in LEGO, and the scale is daunting. I remember when you brought him to BrickCon a couple years ago; he was in robot mode, and I tried looking at him from different angles to see if he transformed. When I saw the tires on his back, I knew. So very cool! Unfortunately, I didn't get to see you transform him.

Thanks to the frontpaging, I checked out your Flickr. The best compliment I can give you is that from his truck mode pictures, I would not have known he transformed, so seamless and realistic is the model. The internal engineering is just incredible. That you were able to achieve the amount of poseability, stabilty, and structural integrity sufficient to allow for transformation is a most impressive feat with LEGO. Great job!

You should post your Sunstreaker and Bumblebee models. They were two of my favorite exhibits at BrickCon last year.

I remember that!

It wasn't entirely ready to transform that first time on BC (well, the side panels and “back plate” didn't transform in to the robot. I actually transported it as a truck. It was mostly I that wasen't ready to call it finnished)

Thanks! My goal (or one of them) is that the alt mode should not revile it's a transformer. (Therefor I usually start making the alt mode.) I think Optimus have the most “obvious” alt mode with lots of gaps (due to the size and gravity, the math works fine) and unrealistically large “back section” (not to mention the color scheme :wink: )

I will post the other ones but if you can't wait they are on my mocpage.

Edited by EpsilonEta