I signed up on Eurobricks to play Andromedas GATEs but now I thought I would show something else I made.

16634976688_8c64ed8a53_b.jpg

Optimus Truck 1 by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

16615232207_3f032694c6_c.jpg

Optimus Truck 2 by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

16821418662_1a7c7df46c_c.jpg

Optimus Truck side by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

16202601473_e33a8a670e_c.jpg

Optimus Truck top by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

I finished it in 2014 and it's been on flickr and MocPages since then. For those of you who haven't seen it I can say the design is based on IDW's comics “Infiltration” to “Revelations” from 2008, which is when I started building.

No, it didn't take 6 years to make a half decent large scale truck, it transform too.

16635197098_7d8eecfe67_c.jpg

Optimus Prime 1 by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

16821639632_88cd9b1ed3_c.jpg

Optimus Prime 2 by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

No, really. It transform from the truck to the robot. Don't believe me? Check the video. (sorry, no sound. 4x speed)

Ok, the legs comes of in the video (and I usually take it apart when transforming) but it would be possible to do it if I had an assistant or some kind of tool (or transformed it on the moon)

It's 66 cm high and about 5000 pieces. Here is a comparison with the original Optimus Prime toy (well, the G2 version of the first toy) and the first masterpiece (MP-01).

16821679881_f86e13e988_c.jpg

Optimus Prime size by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

It's also very agile but to heavy to hold most poses. Here is a cool one I managed to do.

16636644849_4c27ec27a2_c.jpg

Optimus Prime pose by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

Thanks for reading.

Edited by EpsilonEta

*oh2* I need some time to process this, I'm just speechless!

It's huge, detailed, it really transforms, it looks awesome, amazing job EpsilonEta *huh*:thumbup:

*oh2* That is one huge epic Optimus Prime! Love the details and everything! Are you planning on making a Roller or his famous disappearing trailer? :laugh: He looks as good than the Masterpiece one....My only critique would be the head is a little to small for my taste, but overall, just wow!

~Beltar

Thank you!

*oh2* That is one huge epic Optimus Prime! Love the details and everything! Are you planning on making a Roller or his famous disappearing trailer? :laugh: He looks as good than the Masterpiece one....My only critique would be the head is a little to small for my taste, but overall, just wow!

~Beltar

Thanks!

I don't mind critique and the head might be slightly too small but it pretty small in the comics too and that's what I modeled it after.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/download/file.php?id=29130&t=1&sid=fb916ae5b8d5528164cca0df6b6c9d4b

I was working on a trailer and was going to make Roller but I have taken a break in transformers and started building space instead (as you know)

Edited by EpsilonEta

Very well done! The best Optimus Prime I have ever seen. I love all the details you put into it. :sweet:

Incredible! And very accurate-looking. I can't imagine spending 20 minutes making the sound effects while transforming the model though!

Autobots, transform and roll credits by the time we're done.

How did you make the frame to hold all that in place? I imagine it was actually pretty easy since you had all that internal space to work with.

Thanks again!

Very well done! The best Optimus Prime I have ever seen. I love all the details you put into it. :sweet:

Wow, that's massive!

It's massive because I wanted to get all the details from the comics. To bad it's to large to be practical (but it's impressive) so at some point I will make a smaller one.

Incredible! And very accurate-looking. I can't imagine spending 20 minutes making the sound effects while transforming the model though!

Autobots, transform and roll credits by the time we're done.

Ha! And thats only if nothing falls off. I started over several times to get that video :grin:

I would imagen an alien robot could do it faster :wink: (I would like to make a stopmotion some time but I'm afraid it's to big)

How did you make the frame to hold all that in place? I imagine it was actually pretty easy since you had all that internal space to work with.

The spine and shoulders are studs up with technic beams running vertically. The stability was fairly easy but getting the rotation points in the right places was harder. Here is a picture of the inside

9465597239_87f5661f7b_b.jpg

OP inside by Erik Hagsved, on Flickr

It's pretty stable in both modes but a mess to transform because a lot of small stuff gets in the way of each other. That's one of the things I will try to fix in the smaller version.

It's funny how the pic makes it look like a small thing at the first sight, then you wonder what's going on when you see the size of some parts.

That thing is massive and it's amazing that it transforms.

I think you could improve the head, though. Looks a bit goofy, something in the eyes (or the space in-between).

That´s is pretty darn cool and awesome looking Optimus.

Congrats on Frontpaged also, well deserved.