Palixa And The Bricks

[MOD] Grand Carousel

Hello everyone,

I got the Ferris Wheel as a birthday present this year and also built the Fairground Mixer just recently. The only amusement ride I missed was the Grand Carousel, since I was still in my dark ages back then und now it's way too expensive to buy this set.

But that didn't stop me. I had to build it: I used a different colour scheme and made some changes on the roof. I also didn't like the jumper horses and replaced them by two pirate ships, two cars, two locomotives and two propeller aircrafts. So, some brick link orders later, here it is - my version of the Grand Carousel:

20661620521_fc4e58322a_c.jpg

20466937398_d01b16053e.jpg 20645755642_571a489a77.jpg

20645755412_90decc3748.jpg 20466936798_72f9610034.jpg

20654935825_39a649424f.jpg 20032373704_b14ec3952b.jpg

20468189429_e98b6d594c_m.jpg 20032373034_8f975d5867_m.jpg 20654934355_06cd48ea29_m.jpg 20654937265_efac33c072_m.jpg

Hope you like it.

Very nice build Mod.

What did you end up using for the white roof pieces ?

If no the original pieces did you have a template for cutting them or was it easy enough to work out?

OMG, this MOD is absolutely FANTASTIC! Great little builds and much more fun than the original horses. Well done!

Looks pretty great but those mounted heads are a bit creepy, just imagine a real life version haha.

Absolutely stunning MOD! I feel tempted to do one as well now.... :)

Edited by peedeejay

^I was about to ask the same thing.

I really like the car and plane. I was about to make my own Grand Carousel also, but modding it to fit my needs (obviously getting rid of certain rare/expensive colors/parts), but it was still going to be expensive. I do still have an interest in doing it, but who knows when. Then I looked over and saw my Winter Village carousel and thought that might be enough for me, but since my daughter is getting the Ferris Wheel for her birthday, I figure I should do something of my own for the Carousel.

Thanks for sharing. I really like how it looks.

Great work.

The colour scheme really works, especially the rainbow centre, and the carriages are fantastic. I hope you're going to do a fairground layout to put everything in.

I missed this as it was in my dark ages too, but just looking at the parts list, I think it will stay missed, I don't have the patience to bricklink so much stuff.

This is now the second carousel I have seen that makes me want this set. Just wish I had the room and the money to justify it. Awesome MOD! Really like what you did for the ride-ons.

Oh, wow. Thanks everyone. I'm really happy you like it.

Very nice build Mod.

What did you end up using for the white roof pieces ?

If no the original pieces did you have a template for cutting them or was it easy enough to work out?

The original pieces would have cost about 100 euro each. So I used white paper instead that is a bit heavier than standard office paper and made them from a template I found here (There's one image with a ruler at the bottom which helps with the scaling).

Looks pretty great but those mounted heads are a bit creepy, just imagine a real life version haha.

Hehe ... well ... maybe ... a little bit :laugh:

But I kept that detail close to the original, so you have to blame TLG for that :wink:

Nice! Dare I say this looks better than the original. How much did this version end up costing you?

^I was about to ask the same thing.

I really like the car and plane. I was about to make my own Grand Carousel also, but modding it to fit my needs (obviously getting rid of certain rare/expensive colors/parts), but it was still going to be expensive. I do still have an interest in doing it, but who knows when. Then I looked over and saw my Winter Village carousel and thought that might be enough for me, but since my daughter is getting the Ferris Wheel for her birthday, I figure I should do something of my own for the Carousel.

Thanks for sharing. I really like how it looks.

Thanks!

I had to buy something between 30% and 50% of the pieces (as we luckily have a quite large collection of bricks :blush:). I replaced as many expensive parts as possible. So I had to spend about 300 euro. But if you have to get all the bricks it's still an expensive build.

You just made this much better. As a child I remember carousels with different ride-ons. Gives room for choice and the personality of a child. I like it a lot. Can't wait to see your and your daughters amusement park.

Oh, wow. Thanks everyone. I'm really happy you like it.

The original pieces would have cost about 100 euro each. So I used white paper instead that is a bit heavier than standard office paper and made them from a template I found here (There's one image with a ruler at the bottom which helps with the scaling).

Thank you for the info. Just what i was after.

Wow, that is absolutely fantastic looking! I had never really thought about getting the Grand Carousel but you may have changed my mind!