Sign in to follow this  
BrickOn

MOC Fully Loaded Little Ship

So we had some rainy weather this weekend, which I intended to put to good use extending my blue coat fort. Somehow during the building process this all got derailed, when the idea started to take shape that maybe my blue coats could be building a ship; in a dry dock; as part of the fort. Then this just became building a ship. It's only small because I didn't really have the parts or the inclination to start destroying the rest of the scene I was working on....

I guess it's a bit unconventional, I started building upside down and switched halfway so the ship can be separated into two parts revealing the storage compartment below (and as long as you don't fully load it too much it fits together rather well, considering).

But my blue coats were happy with my mini ship and just about all squeezed on, cannons and all...

The whole little ship

20675938102_423beb061a_c.jpgLego ship MOC Photo 1

pirates-indexed.gifOther Vessels 4c

So here is the side view of the two halves...

20497169980_90d705957d_c.jpgLego ship MOC photo 5

And a bird's eye view...

20497147928_8eb3ac1329.jpgLego ship MOC Photo 4

And a few close ups...

20064202303_cdcf2ee19e.jpgLego ship MOC Photo 3

20497174420_6a990c2d25.jpgLego ship MOC Photo 2

I guess this the first time properly posting something that I have built myself, so go nuts with comments, complaints and recommendations... This ship could sink at any moment so all feedback welcome.

This ship will never sink, it's held together by sheer awesomeness!

I guess you know what a 'real' ship looks like, and this is not far away from one.

Interesting concept, and obviously a fun, 'derailed' build. I like it a lot. Two thumbs up thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Brick on!

KB

Very cute ship! And definitely well loaded pirate_satisfied.gif The removeable deck to show the storage area below is a clever idea pirate_classic.gif

Your creation is very unique, but in a good way. I like the scene. Your little Bluecoat Flagship :).

Thanks for the comments! I'll be aiming for a bigger ship next time otherwise they'll never catch the pirates! :-)

It realle looks like a shipwreck will happen soon. Good that you didn't use any official ship set but nicely created your own one... Bon Apetit to the shark and black octopus!!!

This is a fine little vessel, and something similar (i.e. slightly dumbed-down) would make a good official set. (Ahem, TLG...) The building style is refreshing and the shape and colors work well together. The armament may be a bit heavy, but it looks like a fun, well-manned, well-equipped ship. And of course the action in the photos is great. Nice work and...

BrickOn!!