Sign in to follow this  
Lankygit

[MOC] Creator style Bungalow with Dormer

Having recently taken inspiration from SearchFunction's 'Living Small' builds, I have finally gotten around to finishing this MOC. It has been rebuilt a few times, reducing the size to try and get the scale right. I would be more happy with more detail on the interior but I am signing this off as finished, so I can move on to my next project.

I present to you a Bungalow with Dormer. Currently resided in by Dave the Flower Cart seller. This building comprises of an enterance hall with stairs to the first floor. On the gorund floor, a spacious and well equipt kitchen leads you to the light and very large 'lounge diner', complete with french doors to the garden, bay window to the front, fireplace and an inviting bay window seat. Upstairs we have the large master suite, which has its own sizeable ensuite bathroom.

It took me ages to get the roof to sit correctly. It is largely based on SearchFunctions plate design, however i have added some 2x2 tiles to try and get that slate roof effect. I did have skylights in one version of the second floor but it didnt give me much room to work with so I went with the dormers instead. Planning out the top floor was very tricky due to where the stairs came up and not eating into the bedroom too much with unnessecary walls and corridors.

With regards to the large amount of Tan... this is what happens when you buy the Tower Bridge as your first set for building mocs with. Hey ho, it doesnt look too bad, Struggled with detailing the exterior, hopefully the next one will be better right?

There are more pictures on my Flickr account. C&C always welcome and thats again to SearchFunction for the inspiration.

20639479221_eff4c36d22_z.jpg

LEGO Bungalow with Dormer by Chris Brown, on Flickr

20010281874_4c7cf957d6_z.jpg

20632819705_9805bc1bd1_z.jpg

20010278324_d91562abaa_z.jpg

20011917443_fee2628b2e_z.jpg

20623722342_c52ed96f74_z.jpg

20623722852_ffbe01aed9_z.jpg

That's one of the nicer toilets I've seen. Any chance of a close-up/partially built photo showing how you did it?

It looks like it's build after the toilet from the 10218 Pet Shop set (on the ground floor of the row house side).

Hmm about 1500 I think. I am away working at the moment but when I am home I'll check the LDD file I made.