Boettner Builds

How Many Have Completed CMF Series?

I'm 100% numbered series (no Gold), 100% Simpsons, 100% Lego Movie, 0% Olympics.

I had to have Series 1 after seeing the figure reveals on the employee badges or whatever they were. I got to Toys R Us when S1 was put out to see a guy walking out with 1 of 2 full boxes - being S1, these never got restocked. Went barcode, opened at home. Never again - panicked on way back to claim one of my all time faves, the Mexican Wrestler! My sister got my spare diver, and I went to feeling the figure parts - I got an excellent average with that, and thankfully no further figures are distinguished by total lack of accessory.

Anyway, past that nothing's been a hassle to get. Well, the Gold series I checked every bag I ever came across, so that was a hassle.

Also have toy soldier, and the color variants from the theme sets (rock band set figures, halloween set zombie. missed green hair clown from cake topper :sad: looking forward to zombie skateboarder :sweet:). - I consider that my adding something new to this thread. No-one ever thinks of the color variants. Black and white rocker girl is pretty worthy in my book.

rock band set figures, halloween set zombie.

Black and white rocker girl is pretty worthy in my book.

I keep meaning to ask if these count. Just out of curiosity, mind you, I have nothing resembling a complete collection.

Also have toy soldier, and the color variants from the theme sets (rock band set figures, halloween set zombie. missed green hair clown from cake topper :sad: looking forward to zombie skateboarder :sweet:). - I consider that my adding something new to this thread. No-one ever thinks of the color variants. Black and white rocker girl is pretty worthy in my book.

Ah, nice point. I do have the rock band set and the Halloween / Monster Fighters set, plus the birthday, wedding, graduation, Halloween and Christmas cake / table topper sets (not all of which include variations on the 'CMFs', of course), plus the brick calendar with the skater and cheerleader minifigures from S1.

I only own two complete sets: that being series 1 Simpsons; which I won in a contest over on BrickFanatics; and series 12 apparently...which I didn't know...not sure how that happened but Brickset tells me it's true! :laugh:

I own every figure except Mr. Gold. Series 1-13, Both Simpsons Series, The LEGO Movie, Team GB, and the Toy Soldier. :thumbup:

Got hooked during Series 9, now have the full collections minus 2 accessories I am missing, no Mr Gold or Team GB.

Had to trade an Arkham Asylum to get the full S1.

I keep meaning to ask if these count. Just out of curiosity, mind you, I have nothing resembling a complete collection.

No, they don't because the set doesn't have the Minifigures logo

Actually, everything counts with the exception of those and Team GB series, which was excluded of the CMF encyclopedia

TLM Series and The Simpsons I and II are just subthemes though

. I still haven't heard back. So it seems I've ended up with a Mr. Gold for free...

Maybe he died somewhere along the way?

I have 4 boxes of CMF and other minifigs:

1. Hips with legs

2. Torsos with arms and hands

3. Heads

4. Headgear und headgear-accessory

There maybe rarities included but certainly no complete series.

I pity displayed minifigs. Thats not what they are made for. ;-)

I also pity collectors, who don't collect them but just buy complete series, just to have them. I buy now and then a few bags just for the sheer fun of it.

Now and then, when I need a special one, i find it easily on BL.

I don't want your pity - I'm glad for my CMF displays; with the sheer number of them now everybody that sees the displays think it's awesome, and I think it's a damn sight better than being in a box.

Didn't mean to offend anybody in the least, maybe sooner or later, around series 49 or so you will see my point ;-)

Edited by hoopoe

I have some from every series other than the Simpsons (at least 1 of every figure I want) but nowhere near a complete full set

Didn't mean to offend anybody in the least, maybe sooner or later, around series 49 or so you will see my point ;-)

It must take that long, because I don't see it now. In my current display cases, a 5x5 arrangement (with two series in each case) will look damn impressive on my shelves. Meanwhile, you'll still presumably have some boxes with minifigures... and I fail to see why that's so much better.

16000598590_7b0cd09c59.jpg

And for the record - I have a whole lot more I use for "playing."

Keeps them from getting dusty! Could start a whole new thread, "where to you keep/display your minifigs?" Mine all sit on top of the beams in my flat, i reckon each beam can have 50 comfortably and I have 5 in my living room, so it will be a while before I run out of room! The Simpsons sit on top of my fridge/freezer...

Mine mostly stand on their display base tiles on top of baseplates in those LEGO-licensed project cases from Isis. I have several such cases, each holding one or two series.

I just picked up the Minifigures Character Encyclopedia yesterday, incidentally, so I finally have the Toy Soldier. I wish they'd used some other character for the book and given us the Toy Soldier in a regular series, since it's the kind of figure many might want to army-build, but it's not going to happen for many people if they have to buy a $19 book to get a single one.

I just picked up the Minifigures Character Encyclopedia yesterday, incidentally, so I finally have the Toy Soldier. I wish they'd used some other character for the book and given us the Toy Soldier in a regular series, since it's the kind of figure many might want to army-build

An army of toy soldiers would be cool, I guess the BR toy soldier minifigure just doesn't cut it for that purpose, not got quite the same appeal! But can it count as a collectible minifigure?

An army of toy soldiers would be cool, I guess the BR toy soldier minifigure just doesn't cut it for that purpose, not got quite the same appeal! But can it count as a collectible minifigure?

If you're asking me, my answer is "sure, I guess". But I don't pretend to be some kind of authority or anything.

I have every figure from series 1-13 (I'll be getting 14 when available locally, maybe this weekend as we'll be in Legoland) I also have Team GB (3sets) both Simpsons series & TLM. I have the Toy Soldier so I guess the only one I'm missing really is Mr Gold, although I do have a custom so that I can pretend I'm complete :)

D

I completed Series 1 through 5, but I realized I was wasting money on figs I didn't want and only got the ones I wanted afterward. However, I hope to complete S14 because I want every single one! I own zero Team GB figs, and I regret not buying some of the S6 characters.

I usually collect fantasy, spooky, space, and mythological figs for the characters, but a City-themed fig may sometimes catch my interest with a new piece or something.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I completed Series 1 through 5, but I realized I was wasting money on figs I didn't want and only got the ones I wanted afterward. However, I hope to complete S14 because I want every single one! I own zero Team GB figs, and I regret not buying some of the S6 characters.

I usually collect fantasy, spooky, space, and mythological figs for the characters, but a City-themed fig may sometimes catch my interest with a new piece or something.

I've seen a lot of people saying they stoping after Series 5, but I don't know why. IMO, After this theme got a lot better from Series 6 onwards.

This is how I see it:

S1 - S5: These are going but kind of "conservative". A lot of already seen miinifigures.

S6 - S13: Golden age. The best CMF's (so far) are in these series (Genie, Gingerbread Man, Aztec Warrior, Scarecrow, Medusa, Roman Commander, Wizard, Classic King)

S14: The wtf? age :tongue: Just kidding. Let's say Silver Age

I see things a little differently... although I don't want to go way off topic, either.

Every single series has had hits and misses - the first five are no different than the second five (or more). For every one you call "the best," there are ones in the first few series that are better. :classic:

Spartans, Zombies, pharaoh and Cleopatra, Hazmat Guy, Mad Scientist, Elves, the hockey player...

I don't see a "golden age" of figures. Every new series that comes out, in WhiteFang's reviews, people rate the latest above average. To quote the Esurance commercial, that's not how this works... that's not how any of this works! Average is average - just because there's a few figures someone likes, they vote the series above average. I think we just get hyped up and excited over the new series and, when if finally gets here, it's the best thing ever!

Just saying - I think perspectives are skewed towards "new" and "exciting," but all the series were new and exciting when they came out.

I just get the ones I like, I have almost collected all the new series, I'm pretty accurate at picking them out I've only missed 2/123.

I was complete at the end of S12 (including Team GB), except for Mr Gold. I think I have owned every CMF except Mr Gold at some stage (barring S14), although not now.

I sold off a lot of mine though over the past couple of years, as:

1) I didn't really think they looked that good displayed when there were so many of them. They started looking a bit messy and you miss the details when there are so many.

2) The price rises meant they were too valuable to just leave in a drawer.

I've always been much more of an army builder with the CMF series, rather than a completist. I did have over 100 Roman soldiers, but again sold off a lot of them (as complete sets or as torsos and legs, keeping the helmets and shields for my Roman commanders) when the price rises made sense as I only really ever used about 20-30 at once in MOCs. I was a bit late collecting Spartans, only getting 24 but again that is probably enough for me.

Edited by MAB