TheItalianBrick

[MOCs] [WIP] Fassi F1950 - Cormach 135000 (New Pneumatic V2)

Hello,

as the new V2 pneumatics has been released I thought would have been nice to use them to create something amazing! I've been making swing arm cranes for more than 15 years and I love pneumatics aswell! So why not!

- Scale of the cranes fits the 42043 Arocs,

- Special sections designed for these cranes allow to have 4 extensions of the main boom in a 5X5 size boom!!!

- They are WIP so although I've built them they need lots of tests to make sure work fine before make instructions!

- they refer to real cranes, but obviously there are few compromises here and there!

- Routing the hoses it's hard, but will get there don't worry!

- There is a third and a fourth crane coming aswell so I'll update this topic time to time!

- They will all be full RC cranes!

- I'm designing a 8X8 MAN truck to suite the cranes, plus a subframe between cranes and truck as the real ones! (Huge subframes)

Pics of the built ones will come soon, at the moment I don-t have all the parts on the right color so they look like a rainbow :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: (ordered parts so soon to complete them!

There are both pics of the real crane and my LEGO version so you can compare them!

Real FASSI F1950:

F1950_RA_CH_57.jpg

Here my LEGO version:

LEGO_FASSI_XP1500_5_copia.jpg

LEGO_FASSI_XP1500_6_copia.jpg

LEGO_FASSI_XP1500_4_copia.jpg

LEGO_FASSI_XP1500_8.jpg

LEGO_FASSI_XP15002_copia.jpg

LEGO_FASSI_XP1500_yellow_version_copia.jpg

Real Cormach 135000:

epsn0021.jpg14185073lo.jpg

My LEGO version:

Lego_pneumatic_pistons_3_copia.jpgCormach_135000_1_copia.jpg

Lego_pneumatic_pistons_3_copia.jpg

The other one I'm working on it's a EFFER 2750:

vst2750fm02.jpg

This will come shortly after!

Enjoy, TheItalianBrick!

Edited by TheItalianBrick

Very nice, but the telescopic section in the Fassi F1950 seems rather weak from the picture. How does it hold up in real life? And hows the lifting ability like with telescopic section fully extended?

Looking forward to actual pictures :classic:

That's nice and all, but couldn't you get any smaller images?

Very nice, but the telescopic section in the Fassi F1950 seems rather weak from the picture. How does it hold up in real life? And hows the lifting ability like with telescopic section fully extended?

Looking forward to actual pictures :classic:

Sorry but at this stage it's all you get! :grin: When they are completed you will see good pics!

The fassi boom it's not too weak….I mean it needs work indeed…but it's no too bad! The cormach it's huge and works fine!!

Cormach_13500_2_copia.jpg

Edited by TheItalianBrick

I am working on a same concept, for a similar truck. In these model of yours, problem may be how to supply compressed air to the cylinders that are long distanced from the base. You could use hose solution as in new Lego Mercedes truck's crane, but you (and me) are planning to use few cylinders that will shift together with the extending sections.

Would love to see these ones on the 42043 or 8258.

They would need new outriggers and partial chassis rebuild.

Would like to see a remake off the 8258, that is the one I own.

Would that be possible?

I ain't an expert builder, so I would need instructions for the crane and the rebuild of the truck.

Edited by Dafgek81

Well saw your website, but also no news on your cranes and forklift, when will you finish these and are there going to be instructions made? Would love to pput one of them on the back off the 8285 crane truck. Could you make a mod for that? a rebuild of the gearbox to take out the mechanical functions for the crane arm and put in a compressor and switches for the new crane, would be so cool.

Has nobody done this?? Putting a pneumatic crane on the 8258 truck and rebuild the excess gears in the gearbox??