Rick

10249 Winter Toy Shop

I think we could use a poll in this thread. Seems like most are disappointed. If sales don't meet their target, then they'll probably won't be doing this again for a while. :wink:

I think we could use a poll in this thread. Seems like most are disappointed. If sales don't meet their target, then they'll probably won't be doing this again for a while. :wink:

I think it may be a little too late for a poll. Already on page 4, will people come back to vote or just the new readers?

Andy D

I think it may be a little too late for a poll. Already on page 4, will people come back to vote or just the new readers?

Andy D

Oh well, I guess it can be saved for when someone does a review of the set...

No idea, but GRogall was actice yesterday but didn't post..

Really strange. Could it be that maybe he just saw a picture of the set quickly and it looked like a gingerbread house to him and thats why he said the set is"sweet"?

Who knows? :shrug_confused:

Really strange. Could it be that maybe he just saw a picture of the set quickly and it looked like a gingerbread house to him and thats why he said the set is"sweet"?

Who knows? :shrug_confused:

Maybe he saw the next Modular and it could be a Candy Store! :tongue:

This is kind of a third release, isn't it? I recall the original was available in 2009 (or 2008); it sold out pretty quickly. But then had a second run the following year, but in a slightly smaller/redesigned box. So not technically a re-release, but a second production run.

I missed the first run, so I bought an overpriced first run copy, then kicked myself when they did the second production run the following year.

This re-release is definitely a half-a**ed re-hash - yeah, sure, you get some new colors, a few new prints; LEGO corporate gets to move some more of that orange and purple jester hat from the CMF series; people who missed the first (and second!) runs get their chance; those who value these as collectibles are disappointed; those holding on to copies of the first run are disappointed as the value plummets; those who bought the first ones second-hand at inflated prices are pissed, etc. etc.

Interesting and controversial move by LEGO that may be the death blow to the Winter Village series.

This is kind of a third release, isn't it? I recall the original was available in 2009 (or 2008); it sold out pretty quickly. But then had a second run the following year, but in a slightly smaller/redesigned box. So not technically a re-release, but a second production run.

I missed the first run, so I bought an overpriced first run copy, then kicked myself when they did the second production run the following year.

This re-release is definitely a half-a**ed re-hash - yeah, sure, you get some new colors, a few new prints; LEGO corporate gets to move some more of that orange and purple jester hat from the CMF series; people who missed the first (and second!) runs get their chance; those who value these as collectibles are disappointed; those holding on to copies of the first run are disappointed as the value plummets; those who bought the first ones second-hand at inflated prices are pissed, etc. etc.

Interesting and controversial move by LEGO that may be the death blow to the Winter Village series.

It's orange and blue, so they're spending money to make a new version of the hat!

Honestly, I understand the disappointment, but I didn't really like the previous Toy Shop set. There is practically no interior to the actual shop, which I felt needed more focus. I had it dismantled shortly after building it. I'd like to know why LEGO is doing this instead of making a totally new design. The only thing I can think of is that this is a sendoff to the theme.

Third year in a row that I wont be buying the Winter set. Shame: I really liked the four first buildings!

Lol, it really is half-a**ed. I love how the designer even made it seem like the roof is brand new in the video. All he did was add some micro scale toy vehicles and a few other bits and pieces here and there to try to justify the price hike.

But even after saying all that i did above, I like it much better now that it is more modern and is a very nice display piece. :blush::laugh::thumbup: :thumbup:

Well I suppose it's blessing and a curse, if you have the set already like myself then is a bit disappointing, but if you missed out on it then I guess this is your chance to get it.

One of the dumbest move that I can think off, Just a small re-hash for €10 or $20 more! Are you kidding me? they could have done an add-on for that! Hey want to expand you Winter Toy Shop and make it bigger!?

But a plain re-hash is just plain BS!

JusJeff over on Brickset has a pretty good theory of why lego did this rehash:

"TLG was killing off the WV line after Santa's workshop last year and it was revealed that "the workshop would be a great to complete your winter village layout." Due to overwhelming feedback to keep the line going they needed something to kick out in time for this year holiday season. The production time to develop a set was too long so they jumped on a high demand previous set and now we are getting the toy shop.

With that theory out there I like it and will likely get this one to go with my layout. Because you know all my minifigures need toys to play with in "mini-jusjeffville." It will help alleviate the one toy shop that doesn't produce enough handmade brick built Danish toys each year."

Makes sense. Probably what happened actually.

Edited by Legocity2713

Come one people there is a lot of difference comparing with old version. For example Christmas tree is on right and last time was on left. Also bench and street lamp is on left and last time was on right.

Come one people there is a lot of difference comparing with old version. For example Christmas tree is on right and last time was on left. Also bench and street lamp is on left and last time was on right.

You do realize that they are completely separate builds that can be placed anywhere, right? Or are you being sarcastic?

You're right about that, very disapointed!! ������

Alco, i can imagine your disappointment, but i did not know they would re-hash it before i sold my 6 sets to you...

No buy for me, it will be the first time that I will skip a model aimed at AFOLs/TFOLs/Creator Expert line...

Rumours say that the lightbrick has a somewhat more yellow-ish color.....

Rumours say that the lightbrick has a somewhat more yellow-ish color.....

And the battery is newer, ergo more charged up.

As I am an owner of the original Toy Shop, I'm part of the very disappointed crowd. I checked my calander to be sure it wasn't April 1st! Looks like I'll be skipping Winter Village this year...

Dan-147

:) like comments of LegoSjaak and Stelario :) I will skip this one to save the money for third reincarnation, it will have two light bricks, WOOOW :) m.

:) like comments of LegoSjaak and Stelario :) I will skip this one to save the money for third reincarnation, it will have two light bricks, WOOOW :) m.

Within a few years you can order any setnumber again......go to www.lego.com/pick_a_set and simply order whatever set you're missing..... :cry_sad:

Or are you being sarcastic?

:thumbup:

I personally don't mind if they renew selling old set (as i don't have it yet), but switching tree with bench and putting toilet bowl on the wall instead of 2x2 round plates and calling in "new" that's just sad.

If we are doing remakes now, I want forest people, not some set that was 5 years ago.

Edited by Stelario