Just a short, little video showcasing my modified 42026 Lego Technic Black Champion Racer. I replaced the street tires with balloon tires to convert it into an off road version, and I had to reposition the panels to fit the larger tires (look closely on the front and sides). In my opinion, it looks better with the panels relocated anyhow. And sorry to those who like the original model with stickers… this has no stickers. Acceleration is a little slower than the original, but top speed is a plus!

Here's a little closeup of the differences. Compare:

img_1222.jpgimg_1234.jpg

Oh no you didn't!? *oh2* How could you?? *huh* Just kidding... nice experiment but I cannot agree with you here - to me Black Champion racer is one of the best looking smaller OOB's and that off road version seems a bit sillyish. That carpet race track seems quite thick, so there I think is the disadvantage of the original (and probably some other laws of physics, that I can't recall right now :blush:, although I hear some words like inertia, wheel diameter, friction and such strange words somewhere in the back of my head :grin: . Thanks for posting :thumbup:

I understand what you wanted... the main purpose was to use bigger wheels for bad underground... the design played not the main role... :)

Max...