You know, that was my immediate thought. But when I looked on Bricklink, they heads I saw looked different.

Thanks. I'll look harder next time.

Here's a few more Doctor Who characters

Here is the Fourth Doctor, The War Doctor, Tenth Doctor and Rose

image.jpg1_zps1yl1chkf.jpg

And here is a Vashta Nerada

image.jpg2_zpspfs9efel.jpg

Here's a few more Doctor Who characters

Here is the Fourth Doctor, The War Doctor, Tenth Doctor and Rose

And here is a Vashta Nerada

Ooooh, i really love how you did the Vashta Nerada!

Ooooh, i really love how you did the Vashta Nerada!

Me too, need to try that one!

Worryingly I only had one light source on it :/

Haha!!!

I want to play this game too, I want to recreate some more Who sidekicks and villains, but I am a bit short on flesh at the moment... seeing as I have never liked a franchised theme before now.

Well there is a vat of it in a converted monastery somewhere :D

And my quest for Hazmat guy will continue... need more copies!!!

Some superb Dr Who figures on the last couple of pages, I particularly like the Vashta Nerada above, and the Two Ninth's, Harold Saxon, and the Vervoid on the previous page.

Here's my go at Captain Jack, I'm not 100% sold on the head though, any suggestions would be appreciated!

22088327255_7b26c2a05a.jpg

Also, as this is TV and Movie:

21465616424_9de4e50a53.jpg

Nicholas Angel and Danny Butterman from the film, "Hot Fuzz".

With official Dr Who minifigures now on the way, these seem kind of redundant, but I thought I'd post them anyway!

Twelfth Doctor

twelfth_doctor.jpg

Davros

davros.jpg

Dalek

dalek.jpg

Here's my go at Captain Jack, I'm not 100% sold on the head though, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Jack isn't such a serious character, I would suggest a more jovial face, maybe Han Solo?

What about Mutt Williams' head?

Does anybody know what head that is? I'm trying to cobble together my own Scooby-Doo villains for the new sets. The parts for Captain Cutler and the Space Kook are already on their way. And I'm very close to a Miner Forty-Niner and Charlie the Robot. And I could actually almost put the Puppetmaster together with the few old figures I do have if I could just figure out where that head came from. The torso is obviously a Jedi Knight Luke, so I've got that much covered.

Could you post some of your designs here in the thread, even if it's just links and a description?

Captain Cutler and I've made the Space Kook myself, as well as the Puppetmaster and Miner Forty-Niner. Still, I can't possibly imagine a Charlie the Robot, and I would like to see how you achieved the figures that I've done, as my designs could always be improved upon. :)

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

Could you post some of your designs here in the thread, even if it's just links and a description?

Captain Cutler and the Space Kook I've made myself, as well as the Puppetmaster and Miner Forty-Niner. Still, I can't possibly imagine a Charlie the Robot, and I would like to see how you achieved the figures that I've done, as my designs could always be improved upon. :)

Same goes for you, Cheese, I'd like to see your Captain Cutler. Is it on your Flickr page?

Same goes for you, Cheese, I'd like to see your Captain Cutler. Is it on your Flickr page?

Apologies, I mis-typed. I do not have a Captain Cutler minifgure. If I did, it would be here, on my Flickr page, or both. I directed my question towards comix because he noted that he was inspired by my Puppetmaster design, and although he mentioned his own designs, he never posted them. Sorry if I originally came across this way, but I wasn't trying to hold him to a standard to which I wouldn't hold myself to.

Another PURIST thread in the custom forum...

Purism is a legitimate form of customization. Of course, this is up for debate, but this is not the place for said debate . . .

Apologies, I mis-typed. I do not have a Captain Cutler minifgure. If I did, it would be here, on my Flickr page, or both. I directed my question towards comix because he noted that he was inspired by my Puppetmaster design, and although he mentioned his own designs, he never posted them. Sorry if I originally came across this way, but I wasn't trying to hold him to a standard to which I wouldn't hold myself to.

Purism is a legitimate form of customization. Of course, this is up for debate, but this is not the place for said debate . . .

Aww, that's too bad. I really like Captain Cutler, and I was hoping someone had made him. I don't own any of the parts, but I guess I'd suggest:

-CMF Diver helmet (only diving helmet, right?)

-plain blue head

-reversed Shaggy's torso with matching arms and hands

-Lasha's legs

It's unimpressive, and I hope someone can improve upon it.

Edit: We may not be cutting or painting the figures, but we are combining the figures in ways never explicitly intended by Lego, so I think it still falls under customization.

Edited by N_Cat

Aww, that's too bad. I really like Captain Cutler, and I was hoping someone had made him. I don't own any of the parts, but I guess I'd suggest:

-plain blue head

-Lasha's legs

Edit: We may not be cutting or painting the figures, but we are combining the figures in ways never explicitly intended by Lego, so I think it still falls under customization.

Yes, as far as I know, that diving helmet is the only one.

There have been many versions I've seen of Captain Cutler, but yours seems pretty darn cool! Besides yours, the only one I really like is this one, which, ironically enough, the back of the non-Scooby Swamp Monster's head stuffed into the full CMF diving suit. A skeleton head might also work in there too.

The reason I like yours better though, is because the designs I've seen all "copped out" so to speak, and went for the diving suit look, but yours went for the classic Phosphorum Pyrphra look. :D (I can't believe I remember the name of the glowing seaweed from the Graveyard of Ships after all these years!)

+ 1 for the defense of purism.

- The Big Red Cheese

EDIT: I forgot to mention how awesome it is that your were able to use parts from the Scooby Doo line to achieve a purist version of another Scooby Doo character!

:sweet::thumbup:

-plain blue head

-Lasha's legs

I did some searching on Bricklink, and I found this gem, which could be used instead of a diving helmet.

Also, off topic, but I think we should start a purist Scooby Doo thread, if enough ideas pop up here. I also think that purist threads should be started for any idea that has enough figures. Maybe that's a bit much, but still . . .

Merry Christmas! Just wanted to share a quick revelation: The new CMF Zombie cheerleader has hair that would be perfect for a minor Scooby-Doo character, Dusk. She's a member of the in universe band the Hex-Girls.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hex+girls&safe=strict&rlz=1CAHPZY_enUS667US667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-n-691vjJAhUBbiYKHeZSAk4Q_AUICCgC&biw=1366&bih=657#safe=strict&tbm=isch&q=hex+girls+dusk&imgrc=d_lo-epRc0GHEM%3A

Captain Cutler and I've made the Space Kook myself, as well as the Puppetmaster and Miner Forty-Niner. Still, I can't possibly imagine a Charlie the Robot, and I would like to see how you achieved the figures that I've done, as my designs could always be improved upon. :)

Sorry, I just saw this.

When I wrote that I didn't have any figures constructed, but I now have a few put together. They're all to varying degrees of success, and the best two really are Miner Forty-Niner and the Puppet Master(which I fully stole from your designs). But I still haven't made a Charlie. I'll share my recipe though if you'd like to give it a shot.

But first, here are the few characters I've made so far.

Old Iron Face:

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/comixlegos/12467701_1026044197419148_1889839250_n_zps66mnyjoq.jpg

Captain Cutler: (I'm not completely happy with this one as it's just the diving suit with a blank glow in the dark head.)

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/comixlegos/12468229_1026044194085815_1485709613_n_zpsw4n2ih5q.jpg

Spooky Space Kook: (This one is a work in progress for sure, but I am at least happy with my idea of using a glow in the dark skull.)

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/comixlegos/12442977_1026044177419150_1624812169_n_zps65kn7gzq.jpg

The Creeper:

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/comixlegos/12436017_1026044167419151_651920445_n_zpsvdivh0ul.jpg

Puppet Master:

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/comixlegos/12463510_1026044160752485_1684748285_n_zpsz6lsejgk.jpg

Miner Forty-Niner:

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/comixlegos/702824_1026044140752487_964605020_n_zpstporviva.jpg

The whole set:

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/comixlegos/12467777_1026044210752480_116466352_n_zpsdxvcojbr.jpg

Also, these aren't figures I've altered in any way, but I am using them as Scooby-Doo villains for my display.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/comixlegos/12463581_1026044200752481_853410670_n_zpsyzafvfhl.jpg

The gargoyle makes for a decent enough Gargoyle of Notre Dame from What's New Scooby-Doo. I'm sort of using the de-horned wampa as a half decent Snow Ghost, but I feel like it would make a really great 10,000 Volt Ghost if it were painted Orange with some yellow accents around the pointy fur. And finally, the two specters make for pretty decent versions of the Green Ghosts. I'd certainly like to make them green and give them new faces, but I have literally no idea how to go about properly painting Lego figures.

As far as Charlie goes, I thought about using these parts, though I have yet to buy them.

Blue aviator helmet:

http://alpha.brickli...7&O={"color":7}

Flesh smiley face:

http://alpha.brickli...lor=90#T=C&C=90

Purple torso, dark azure arms and legs and darker blue hands.

Edited by comix

I did some searching on Bricklink, and I found this gem, which could be used instead of a diving helmet.

Also, off topic, but I think we should start a purist Scooby Doo thread, if enough ideas pop up here. I also think that purist threads should be started for any idea that has enough figures. Maybe that's a bit much, but still . . .

I can get behind this. I'm constantly on the lookout for Scooby-Doo Lego customs. And they're about impossible to find. And literally all I am interested in making as far as Lego customs go are Scooby-Doo characters that likely won't get made.

I've made another two from Doctor Who, here are my Autons

Very good :thumbup: I think the blank expression on the female minifigure captures the look on the head of the mannequins very well.

Very good :thumbup: I think the blank exp<b></b>ression on the female minifigure captures the look on the head of the mannequins very well.

Thanks, I think it was from an old Luke Skywalker figure, or it might have been a Rebel soldier.