Hello all:

My goal with this build was to make it have a realistic front suspension with caster, kingpin, and camber with different sized suspension arms.

800x600.jpg

I spent some time working on the body but I am not completely satisfied with it :hmpf_bad:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

In the front I tried to make it look menacing. It has lights that work and you can see the caster of the front wheels a bit.

800x600.jpg

I made the BB easy to remove my just pulling out the 4 pins and sliding it out. You can also see the shorter suspension arm in the front.

800x600.jpg

The all important undershot! The rubber band is used to hold my servo motors wire because it is on its last leg :angry: for no reason!

800x600.jpg

Here's a little picture of the caster. http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=6536 is used to get the kingpin

angle. You can see it if you look at the top.

here is the video

Interesting front suspension at this scale. Do you have an XL? I'd like to see it go a bit faster :grin:

Sucks that your servo is dying. I really despise the unremovable PF wires. I think out of 4 of my m-motors 3 have stopped working due to broken wires.

Edited by skppo

HI, I really like the aggressive stance of this pickup! It certainly screems bad attitude :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . I also like your video, editing is very dynamic and I like that your cuts ar synced with music. Well done!

Interesting front suspension at this scale. Do you have an XL? I'd like to see it go a bit faster :grin:

Sucks that your servo is dying. I really despise the unremovable PF wires. I think out of 4 of my m-motors 3 have stopped working due to broken wires.

I do have 2 XL's but when I made the chassis it was HALF the weight :grin: and there was no room for a XL :hmpf_bad:

HI, I really like the aggressive stance of this pickup! It certainly screems bad attitude :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . I also like your video, editing is very dynamic and I like that your cuts ar synced with music. Well done!

Thanks! It took a while but I think it was worth it :classic:

Edited by JJ2

Very interesting front suspension. Nice aggressive look of the truck.

Thank you!

Does anyone want some pics of the front suspension before I tear it apart?

Here are some pictures of the suspension

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpgParts list

Edited by JJ2

Very nicely done front suspension. The whole truck looks like it came out of a mad Max film :thumbup: and the video is nicely done too.

Edited by allanp

Very nicely done front suspension. The whole truck looks like it came out of a mad Max film :thumbup: and the video is nicely done too.

Thank you for the kind words :classic: I wasn't even going for a Mad Max theme, I haven't even seen the movie...... Yet :laugh:

Completely agree with the Mad Max style vehicle!

Easy to repair (did that yet)

1- remove the two bottom screws EDIT: It's only one

2- pop off the DBG part ( the front one)

3- cut the broken wire off of the motor

4- cut the broken part of the wire (normally 3-5 mm)

5- solder the wire again and screw everything again.

6- Enjoy the happy motor!!! :wink:

Important note: for safety reasons don't dissasemble the motor's gearbox because some minor dust can go inside and after you mount everything again it will produce disagradable sound.

Repair it at your own risk , I can't guarantee anything.

Edited by LXF

Completely agree with the Mad Max style vehicle!

Easy to repair (did that yet)

1- remove the two bottom screws

2- pop off the DBG part ( the front one)

3- cut the broken wire off of the motor

4- cut the broken part of the wire (normally 3-5 mm)

5- solder the wire again and screw everything again.

6- Enjoy the happy motor!!! :wink:

Important note: for safety reasons don't dissasemble the motor's gearbox because some minor dust can go inside and after you mount everything again it will produce disagradable sound.

Repair it at your own risk , I can't guarantee anything.

Thank you for the advice! I am going to contact Lego about the servo motor, and see if they will send me a new one without asking for the old one so I can mess with it. (fingers crossed)

Thank you for the advice! I am going to contact Lego about the servo motor, and see if they will send me a new one without asking for the old one so I can mess with it. (fingers crossed)

Lego service is very rare, sometimes they ask for the broken part , sometimes not...

Normally they ask if they want to investigate your problem and make sure that will not pass another time

Clever steering!

Lego service is very rare, sometimes they ask for the broken part , sometimes not...

Normally they ask if they want to investigate your problem and make sure that will not pass another time

They didn't ask for my servo. They just sent a brand new one!