Hey folks!

Let me start on how this happened: I wanted to join TC7, with a pretty viable idea in my head. But then, my older son found out, and the project got derailed.

He likes mobile cranes very much, especially the tracked version. So, here's my entry, I hope you like it. Sorry for the low-quality photos, I had no other choice.

Jurrasic Revenge

Crane mode: It's a fully functional tracked crane, with a rather long boom that's raised pneumatically, working doors and the common blue chairs :)

20582533052_3017b25199_b.jpg

Back view, can you already guess what's it transforming into?

19970629983_504291f4d7_b.jpg

Demonstration of the boom mechanisms, it can extend more than this but I had little time to take pics.

20404814859_c6e12baf15_b.jpg

Let's start transforming: it all starts in the cab, watch those chairs closely.

20403551990_43192266ca_b.jpg

They turn to the sides, touching the doors.

20565275966_64e5c8d57b_b.jpg

Then I slowly push out 4 bush-pins, so the cab can slide to the back.

20565271926_aebaca8a2c_b.jpg

The cab goes all the way back, connects with the boom base, and the hidden dino head goes out the "window".

20404795739_3c46d8da27_b.jpg

The arms are detracted from under the cab, revealing the 2nd mode: the Tyrannosaurus Rex battle machine!

20404790569_cfce246339_b.jpg

T-Rex can now stand up on its own 2 feet, that were hidden under the crane body. He can now stomp anyone who stays in his way!

20403531320_43d0f44c8c_b.jpg

But wait, an Enforcer jumps from the bushes, aiming with his flare gun. Luckily, T-Rex extended his leg cannons, just in time.

20591489225_06ed434b78_b.jpg

A direct hit! The enforcer lies unconscious on the ground...

20598074181_0fc3c98057_b.jpg

T-rex grabs him by his feet and tosses him up in the air!

20598068101_f8bd52c988_b.jpg

Then catches him on his way down with his ferocious jaws. There's no escape, puny Enforcer!

20565240316_bf024fa39b_b.jpg

Well, that's the story so far, I will add some lore later on, as well as the video, which needs serious editing.

if you want to see higher resolution images, check out the Jurassic Revenge album on my Flickr account.

Edited by braker23

Ha, I have never though it would turn into the Dino-Mech! Somewhat impractical battle mode, but very very cool! :) I may say i like your idea for battle mode the best. It reminds me of Power Rangers and their Dinos :)

Ha that's awesome, A dinosaur..didn't see that coming. This is one truly original idea, well done and good luck in the comp. :laugh::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love the photography! Only thing is that is needs knee's! Very original idea :thumbup:

That is indeed a surprising transformation! I like your little action story ;-) Is there no chance that the arms would be bigger?

Genius!

I like it very much. It is a surprising transformation. And with a story too!

Well done!

Thank you all for your kind words, I am very surprised by this very warm welcome.

My son just loves dinosaurs and T-Rex is his favorite, so there was no way I could avoid this.

About his arms, I talked this over with my son and they are just the right size :)

Edited by braker23

When I've opened the topic I expected to see a dinosaur.

The first suprise was to see the crane. The second suprise was to see it's transformation!

I've never done any transformer on my own, but I've seen my friend's transformer made with Merkur metal parts - it is really hard task to construct.

So congrats to you! Your model is cool!

Great job, every photo I scrolled down made me smile a little more :sweet: Good photography too, I like the blurred edges.

+1 :thumbup: I had a big grin on my face when I got to the last photo. Great build.

Thanks a lot for the thumbs up guys!

See the transformation video here:

Anyone know how to properly embed a Vimeo video?